PDA

View Full Version : Origin of your FIRST name.

Cloverlord
05-29-2015, 03:18 PM
Each name is from a particular origin, usually more then one. I think this would be an interesting topic for you all to share, maybe even bond with.

FIRST NAMES ONLY. JUST YOUR ORIGIN, NOT YOUR NAME.

Go on to Google if you are curious, type: Origin of the name______(Your first name). If for some reason your name does not show you may search this: Origin of the name_______(Your last name).

Look though some websites until you find it. If you don't want to use google, you can always ask your family members.

-----
My name has two origins. Gaelic and Irish.
-----

Have fun with this, but stay safe. If you would like you can share bits of your past, origin-wise of course. (Some websites supply this.

EDIT: I WAS NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THE SUB-FORUM. THIS NEEDS TO BE MOVED TO RTSOFT TAVERN SUB-FORUM. SORRY!

Trollrage
05-29-2015, 03:33 PM
Mine has no origin.
cri

Cloverlord
05-29-2015, 03:36 PM
Mine has no origin.
cri

Your name must be very original. Why don't you try your last name?

Dexter
05-29-2015, 03:41 PM
Each name is from a particular origin, usually more then one. I think this would be an interesting topic for you all to share, maybe even bond with.

Go on to Google if you are curious, type: Origin of the name______(Your first name). If for some reason your name does not show you may search this: Origin of the name_______(Your last name).

Look though some websites until you find it. If you don't want to use google, you can always ask your family members.

-----
-----

Have fun with this, but stay safe. If you would like you can share bits of your past, origin-wise of course. (Some websites supply this.

EDIT: I WAS NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THE SUB-FORUM. THIS NEEDS TO BE MOVED TO RTSOFT TAVERN SUB-FORUM. SORRY!
One kind of page says this : Finnish short form of Konstantin (see Constans)

vk0005
05-29-2015, 03:45 PM
My name have a lot of origin (Irish, German, Dutch, Swedish, etc...)
I use first name.

- - - Updated - - -

The information said I come from a old Irish name call Saint [My first name]

Trollrage
05-29-2015, 04:02 PM
First name: Nothing
Last name: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest

Azraela
05-29-2015, 04:34 PM
its a dumb name is used to call my dog lol

ShadowDino
05-29-2015, 04:36 PM
Mine has no origin. It has been noted that 3 people in the UK have been named it ._.

Cloverlord
05-29-2015, 08:46 PM
Why does nobody have an origin? My goodness. My name is not very common but I still managed to find it. Keep trying guys!

ParkourDevil
05-29-2015, 08:49 PM
I'm 1/4 russian
That's why my full name is Miroslav
But for short it's Miro

Comment
05-29-2015, 08:50 PM
I don't have an origin, but i do have one in Call Of Duty - ZOMBIES. Ha.

ParkourDevil
05-29-2015, 08:50 PM
USAGE: Slovene, Croatian
Meaning & History
Short form of MIROSLAV
Related Names
See All Relations
Show Family Tree
FEMININE FORMS: Miroslava (Slovene), Miroslava (Croatian)
OTHER LANGUAGES: Miroslav (Bulgarian), Miroslav, Mirek (Czech), Miroslav, Mirko (Macedonian), Mirosław, Mirek (Polish), Miroslav (Russian), Miroslav, Mirko (Serbian), Miroslav, Mirek (Slovak)
Popularity
Finland ranked #40

raqk
05-29-2015, 09:28 PM
My first name originates from Celtic/Irish
It means little fiery one

My middle name originates from German maybe?
It means bright

My last name originates from Czech, Slovak, German
It means novice

Arnold
05-29-2015, 11:51 PM
First name - English/German
Last name - Spanish

Pretty
05-30-2015, 04:42 AM
My first names originated from Greek, Latin, & German. I have three names for my first name. Long names are such a pain.

craft3d
05-30-2015, 05:35 AM

-----
-----

My name is Hebrewic and is in Australia, Canada, and the U.S

Bamboo2004
05-30-2015, 09:52 AM
ORIGIN: Hebrew

My first name was first used in this form by Shakespeare in his play 'The Merchant of Venice' (1596), where it belonged to the daughter of Shylock.

I didn't expect that...The more you know...

Hans
05-30-2015, 10:10 AM
Origin: Hebrew
Name: Hans

Something like "Gift from God"? My family's relegious and all, but I just noticed the meaning of my own name 'till now.

Updated
05-30-2015, 12:11 PM
._.
._.
._.
._.
._.
._.
._.
._.
._.
._.
._.mine
._.was
._.from
._.Hippo
._.
._.
._.
._.
._.
._.

Ralon Tecson
05-30-2015, 12:28 PM
*** i can't see anything in my first and last -_-

Taidor
05-30-2015, 12:48 PM
My origin says that I'm always happy :)

26FtW26
05-30-2015, 01:41 PM
First name origin: Germany
Second name origin: Probably Finnish

Serg70877
05-30-2015, 01:45 PM
Ancient china...:whistling:

Tempting
05-30-2015, 01:47 PM
My first name means 'God has given' in Hebrew. I just know that.. somehow..

Aquarious
05-30-2015, 02:33 PM
My name is from Ancient Greek, it means "beauty" or "noble one". It was also an old Roman Province and was used in the Bible.