PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to Upgrade to Windows 10?

lsaac2
06-12-2015, 10:57 PM
There's a poll Above!

NOTE: Windows 10 IS free

peck
06-12-2015, 11:17 PM
*to those upgrading from windows 7 or 8

Windows 10 will be 120-200 USD

Conan
06-12-2015, 11:21 PM
*to those upgrading from windows 7 or 8

Windows 10 will be 120-200 USD

Free upgrade even for non genuine users.

But no updates thru windows updates lol.

Who needs windows updates anyway? it jsut restarts your pc at critical moments -.- (I disabled it)

peck
06-12-2015, 11:23 PM

Who needs windows updates anyway? it jsut restarts your pc at critical moments -.- (I disabled it)
By non genuine do you mean pirated windows or just everything besides windows?

If you mean all operating systems guess I chose a faulty source
http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/operating-systems/windows-10-release-date-price-news-and-features-1029245

Otherwise, microsoft released a rumor that non genuine users will still be non genuine even through the upgrade (which im not sure how they will do considering they can only check off the windows certificate which is either faked or avoided completely with pirated software).

raqk
06-12-2015, 11:24 PM
hehe, im a mac user :D

peck
06-12-2015, 11:29 PM
hehe, im a mac user :D

Sucks for you.

raqk
06-12-2015, 11:31 PM
Sucks for you.

Not really, If I really wanted to I could upgrade to El Capitan pretty soon.

Conan
06-12-2015, 11:35 PM
By non genuine do you mean pirated windows or just everything besides windows?

If you mean all operating systems guess I chose a faulty source
http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/operating-systems/windows-10-release-date-price-news-and-features-1029245

Otherwise, microsoft released a rumor that non genuine users will still be non genuine even through the upgrade (which im not sure how they will do considering they can only check off the windows certificate which is either faked or avoided completely with pirated software).
Was talking about pirated windows.

All those tech news sites got confused, I don't know why.

Not really, If I really wanted to I could upgrade to El Capitan pretty soon.
I'd prefer windows over mac and linux over windows lol

Mac would be my last choice.

Mac Hardware is already rated as one of the worst to repair

lsaac2
06-12-2015, 11:41 PM
It's actually free, here's the Windows 10 FAQ (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq?ocid=win10_auxapp_LearnMore_win10faq)

Conan
06-12-2015, 11:44 PM
It's actually free, here's the Windows 10 FAQ (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq?ocid=win10_auxapp_LearnMore_win10faq)

You literally didn't understand the info everywhere.

Windows 10 Isn't free. you can upgrade but you won't get any updates if you are on a non genuine windows.

And even if you have a legitimate windows, eventually you will have to pay for updates. Most users can't see through that "Free" cloak.

raqk
06-12-2015, 11:47 PM
Was talking about pirated windows.

All those tech news sites got confused, I don't know why.

I'd prefer windows over mac and linux over windows lol

Mac would be my last choice.

Mac Hardware is already rated as one of the worst to repair

Rated by... Getrektwindowsfanboys.aolmuchsucks.net?

mac is still my favorite

Conan
06-12-2015, 11:51 PM
Rated by... Getrektwindowsfanboys.aolmuchsucks.net?

mac is still my favorite

;-;

It's rated by ifixit.net.
They always take things apart to rate its repairability.
Macs were the worse to repair. Especially their laptops. One of the reasons i won't choose Apple computers.

No i'm not a windows fan boy. I actually prefer Linux over windows.

I like taking laptops and computers apart then putting them back together that's why i dont like macs.

They are literally hard to repair

raqk
06-12-2015, 11:53 PM
;-;

It's rated by ifixit.net.
They always take things apart to rate its repairability.
Macs were the worse to repair. Especially their laptops. One of the reasons i won't choose Apple computers.

No i'm not a windows fan boy. I actually prefer Linux over windows.

I like taking laptops and computers apart then putting them back together that's why i dont like macs.

They are literally hard to repair

or, your just not as skilled as me :D

Just kidding, I have no Idea how it would actually be possible to take apart the mac im using right now. Even though I understand, I have to say, macs are still better :O

COLTONROCKO
06-13-2015, 12:05 AM
There's a poll Above!

I really don't like Windows 8, plus most games are going to be compatible with Win 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.

Conan
06-13-2015, 12:06 AM
or, your just not as skilled as me :D

Just kidding, I have no Idea how it would actually be possible to take apart the mac im using right now. Even though I understand, I have to say, macs are still better :O

I have to ask, in what aspect was it better?

Oh and i got that notification about windows 10 upgrade since last month

peck
06-13-2015, 12:08 AM
mac is still my favorite

Hope the OS is worth $500 to you
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PyDxK8
http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/imac?product=ME086LL/A&step=config

I tried to get them as close as possible: hard drive rpm, white case, fancy apple sticker, etc. I still ended up making the custom build way better because of the upgradibility and dual GPU support (along with a decent GPU)

raqk

was? I think you mean is* and in every way. except that many games aren't for mac.

COLTONROCKO

all a matter of preferences and neither system is inherently better than the other.

One cool feature I like about Mac is that Macintosh can run both Mac OS and Windows without going through a lot of stuff ^_^

peck
06-13-2015, 12:12 AM
all a matter of preferences and neither system is inherently better than the other.

One cool feature I like about Mac is that Macintosh can run both Mac OS and Windows without going through a lot of stuff ^_^

And by "without going through alot of stuff" you mean setup a hackintosh and pirate either one.

Conan
06-13-2015, 12:13 AM
was? I think you mean is* and in every way. except that many games aren't for mac.

Nope, if you actually check, its basically the same as a windows system. it just uses UEFI and a custom MoBo

Thats only it. Mac is just overpriced.
I can say that most mac apps has a windows counterpart.

Why the heck would i buy a system with overpriced OS which is actually from BSD?

Most Mac Apps can actually run on BSD or Linux with little work

COLTONROCKO
06-13-2015, 12:13 AM
And by "without going through alot of stuff" you mean setup a hackintosh and pirate either one.
Yes indeed. I also want to add that these two are totally different in what you plan to do with your computer

Mac - Development, and just creating things.

Windows - The ideal place for gaming.

26FtW26
06-13-2015, 12:18 AM
The only practical thing for me would be splitting your screen into 4.

peck
06-13-2015, 12:20 AM

What makes mac OS better for developing than windows? Every music/movie/anything production ive seen is either windows exclusive or avaible for all OS

Conan
06-13-2015, 12:21 AM
Yes indeed. I also want to add that these two are totally different in what you plan to do with your computer

The fact that you can now compile ObjCand ObjC++ on Linux using Clang
Linux is a much better option for developers actually.

+ Its easier to sell windows software than Mac software.
If you see enterprises, most of them uses windows. most of the companies hire C# programmers because of ASP.NET.

lolgal96
06-13-2015, 12:21 AM

once it restarted my computer for updates when i was playing the sims... i didn't get a chance to save...

Conan
06-13-2015, 12:22 AM
The only practical thing for me would be splitting your screen into 4.

you can do that with GNOME on any linux distro

raqk
06-13-2015, 12:22 AM
once it restarted my computer for updates when i was playing the sims... i didn't get a chance to save...

Yea, windows is always updating left and right. that part about it sucks.

Conan
06-13-2015, 12:24 AM

Off-topic:

You father brought you to see a marching band, I was once a member of a marching band ​( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

peck
06-13-2015, 12:25 AM

Which is changable.

Biasbas
06-13-2015, 12:26 AM
No. No. No. My Windows 9, forever.

Conan
06-13-2015, 12:27 AM
Yea, windows is always updating left and right. that part about it sucks.

I know i disabled my updates, but that updates has to deal with bugs and security.
It's actually good that an OS gets updates regularly if you didn't know.

I already used almost Every well known OS (Well not every Linux Distro though) and I still find mac at the bottom of my list.
Some people say they like it because it doesnt lag. it was stupid, because mac os actually uses more ram (thus leaving less ram for apps) than windows.

Mac OS is just one crap full of Eye Candy

Cocomonkey
06-13-2015, 12:27 AM
*ALERT ALERT*
Mac hard drives really suck. I have a 500 GB one and I only have 44 GB left, I don't even download that many things.
My specs are pretty bad too, I could get a cheaper PC with better specs than that.
I'm planning on getting an Asus laptop from the ROG series. :)
http://i59.tinypic.com/24291j7.png

COLTONROCKO
06-13-2015, 12:30 AM
*ALERT ALERT*
Mac hard drives really suck. I have a 500 GB one and I only have 44 GB left, I don't even download that many things.

http://i61.tinypic.com/14oaixt.png
My specs are pretty bad too, I could get a cheaper PC with better specs than that.
Don't get a laptop, get a desktop.. And make sure you build the desktop yourself :D

raqk
06-13-2015, 12:31 AM
I know i disabled my updates, but that updates has to deal with bugs and security.
It's actually good that an OS gets updates regularly if you didn't know.

I already used almost Every well known OS (Well not every Linux Distro though) and I still find mac at the bottom of my list.
Some people say they like it because it doesnt lag. it was stupid, because mac os actually uses more ram (thus leaving less ram for apps) than windows.

Mac OS is just one crap full of Eye Candy

Unless it doesn't need to update, because its already better :O
But I do have to admit, my mac is getting old and starting so slow down.

Conan
06-13-2015, 12:33 AM
*ALERT ALERT*

http://i61.tinypic.com/14oaixt.png

Seagate Sucks. HGST is the best HDD manufacturer if you check Backblaze's blog post about reliability of hdds (They ran hard drives 24/7/365)

Don't get a laptop, get a desktop.. And make sure you build the desktop yourself :D

Lpatop is more siutable for most people since they can bring it.

Id recommend getting both :P

peck
06-13-2015, 12:33 AM

Or it doesn't update because they don't even bother. Im feeling some bait so i'll stay out a bit.

COLTONROCKO
06-13-2015, 12:36 AM
Seagate Sucks. HGST is the best HDD manufacturer if you check Backblaze's blog post about reliability of hdds (They ran hard drives 24/7/365)

Lpatop is more siutable for most people since they can bring it.

Id recommend getting both :P

One thing I really like about desktops is how you can crossfire GPUs', Overclock CPU and GPU, and much much more.

I personally love Desktops, and laptops are like you said on the go.

Conan
06-13-2015, 12:38 AM

Still wondering what would you do with that Heartbleed bug that is currently on your mac.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I really like about desktops is how you can crossfire GPUs', Overclock CPU and GPU, and much much more.

I personally love Desktops, and laptops are like you said on the go.

I have a desktop and a laptop so i dont relaly complain about it lol

PS Nvidia is better because you can use it for GPU rendering in Blender.

SLI FTW

COLTONROCKO
06-13-2015, 12:43 AM

Over the year I am going to improve some stuff, get DDR5 Ram, 8 GB, and then I am going to replace my power supply and my GPU

You see I bought this computer and I got really scammed.

I have a Gefore GT610 1gb GPU, which is total garbage. The GPU is really supported for HD movies, not so for gaming. Idk about my CPU, I might get a Intel I5 or I7 but I still haven't decided.

Idk which GPU to get, I really like GTX and all that stuff but I am trying to find one with a low Watt needed, so I can overclock it.

- - - Updated - - -

Still wondering what would you do with that Heartbleed bug that is currently on your mac.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a desktop and a laptop so i dont relaly complain about it lol

PS Nvidia is better because you can use it for GPU rendering in Blender.

SLI FTW

Ya I have Nvidia too.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note, I am going to get a new Hard Drive, Ima keep this one, and get a TB as my next one. Games and such will got to my TB, and recording and other stuff will stay with the regular one.

:3

Conan
06-13-2015, 12:44 AM

Over the year I am going to improve some stuff, get DDR5 Ram, 8 GB, and then I am going to replace my power supply and my GPU

I have a Gefore GT610 1gb GPU, which is total garbage. The GPU is really supported for HD movies, not so for gaming. Idk about my CPU, I might get a Intel I5 or I7 but I still haven't decided.

Idk which GPU to get, I really like GTX and all that stuff but I am trying to find one with a low Watt needed, so I can overclock it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya I have Nvidia too.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note, I am going to get a new Hard Drive, Ima keep this one, and get a TB as my next one. Games and such will got to my TB, and recording and other stuff will stay with the regular one.

:3

DDR4 just arrived last year

COLTONROCKO
06-13-2015, 12:45 AM
DDR4 just arrived last year
DDR4 is just like 3 except for lower voltage, and is high clocked by a little.

GDDR5 is 4x the speed for effective rate.

Conan
06-13-2015, 12:46 AM
Is it better than DDR5?
There is no DDr5 ram yet -.-

DDR4 is just new -.-

COLTONROCKO
06-13-2015, 12:47 AM
There is no DDr5 ram yet -.-

DDR4 is just new -.-
I mean GDDR5

Hens
06-13-2015, 12:50 AM
Windows 7 is just a really innovative software that I find easy to use. The new Windows interference and controls just seem too much for me at the moment.

However, if I was to get a new computer, I would buy one that has that latest Windows software installed just for a glimpse of how it works. Just joking. I can just go to Best Buy to try it. xD

Conan
06-13-2015, 12:52 AM
I mean GDDR5

GDDR5 is for GPUs

COLTONROCKO
06-13-2015, 12:52 AM
GDDR5 is for GPUs
Yes I know that, I am going to get a GPU with GDDR5 and I guess upgrade to DDR4 ram, I haven't heard of it..

Conan
06-13-2015, 12:55 AM
Yes I know that, I am going to get a GPU with GDDR5 and I guess upgrade to DDR4 ram, I haven't heard of it..

You would need those expensive gaming mobos for DDR4 ram

No cheap boards are compatible with it AFAIK

COLTONROCKO
06-13-2015, 12:58 AM
You would need those expensive gaming mobos for DDR4 ram

No cheap boards are compatible with it AFAIK
Aah, I guess I will just upgrade more RAM with DDR3, but at the moment my GPU can only support one more stick D:

peck
06-13-2015, 01:58 AM

Low watt? Gtx750ti. Runs entirely off motherboard power, no PSU slot needed. $130.

Gt610 is best for its buck like the Gt630, not meant for gaming, but runs better than most integrated for its price. Can still run things like csgo lowest settings though.
DDR5 Desktop RAM doesn't exist, I think you mean GPU RAM GDDR5, which isn't the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Aah, I guess I will just upgrade more RAM with DDR3, but at the moment my GPU can only support one more stick D:

You mean motherboard right? (Not your GPU)

Cocomonkey
06-13-2015, 04:06 AM

Nah, laptops are more portable.

No idea what that is. I just want an upgrade.

Conan
06-13-2015, 07:48 AM
Nah, laptops are more portable.

No idea what that is. I just want an upgrade.

Lol i always tend to check what actual parts a computer uses before buying lol