PDA

View Full Version : RTsoft Tavern becoming Facebook/Twitter?

PolarisHD
06-17-2015, 05:49 PM
I'd like hear your opinions about the RTSoft Tavern becoming Facebook/Twitter. I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about, but if you still don't get it, I'm talking about the threads wherein they'd fit in Facebook and/or Twitter.

In my honest opinion, I think they're spammy (pretty ironic coming from someone that (used to) spam, huh?). Yes, I understand that this is the Tavern and you're supposed to talk about whatever the heck you want. However, here's the thing, the description says

Help yourself to a free drink at the RTsoft tavern, kick back, and discuss (almost) whatever pleases ya.

Notice the word in bold? I don't think that those threads promote discussion at all. They're like those posts/status you see in social media sites, but this is a forum, a place where you discuss certain stuff with other people. Not to mention, most of them are fishing for compliments.

That concludes my opinion. I'd like to hear your own opinions so feel free to reply, just make sure to be civil.

Space
06-17-2015, 05:53 PM
Threads like "Im doing an all nighter!!!!!" And "Which shoes should I buy"

Smh

Hans
06-17-2015, 05:54 PM
I'd like hear your opinions about the RTSoft Tavern becoming Facebook/Twitter. I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about, but if you still don't get it, I'm talking about the threads wherein they'd fit in Facebook and/or Twitter.

In my honest opinion, I think they're spammy (pretty ironic coming from someone that (used to) spam, huh?). Yes, I understand that this is the Tavern and you're supposed to talk about whatever the heck you want. However, here's the thing, the description says

Notice the word in bold? I don't think that those threads promote discussion at all. They're like those posts/status you see in social media sites, but this is a forum, a place where you discuss certain stuff with other people.

That concludes my opinion. I'd like to hear your own opinions so feel free to reply, just make sure to be civil.

As long as it makes sense, and the thread is respectable and keeps on-topic, I think it's fine.

Hens
06-17-2015, 05:55 PM

Notice the word in bold? I don't think that those threads promote discussion at all. They're like those posts/status you see in social media sites, but this is a forum, a place where you discuss certain stuff with other people.

I never got my drink...

Hans
06-17-2015, 05:58 PM
I never got my drink...

W8 wot m m8 ur Lettering?

PolarisHD
06-17-2015, 05:59 PM

Smh

I'm fine with "queston threads" since they aren't that spammy/useless unless if the question has been asked countless times.

Hens
06-17-2015, 06:52 PM
W8 wot m m8 ur Lettering?

I suppose I was.

Not anymore as I'm perma banned forever.

Won't soil my hopes though.

Being more mature and less annoying makes people more tolerant of me.

Yes I still like cake, don't worry.

Also I hope you all will play Growtopia for a long time.

Don't know what it'd be like without you folks.

sonsoftanked
06-17-2015, 07:10 PM

I thought i was the only one who thought this was turning into facebook/twitter

PolarisHD
06-17-2015, 11:24 PM
Bump. .

Hens
06-17-2015, 11:46 PM
Bump. .

Well you just failed.

syrup
06-18-2015, 12:34 AM
Well you just failed.

YOU'RE VERY OBSERVANT WOULD YOU LIKE A BLOODY MEDAL.

Hens
06-18-2015, 12:51 AM
YOU'RE VERY OBSERVANT WOULD YOU LIKE A BLOODY MEDAL.

As long as its made of cake.

Hans
06-18-2015, 03:13 PM
n00b .

Megazork
06-18-2015, 03:15 PM
People like to boost their self-esteem with words sent by strangers on the internet. Like this post if you agree omfg.

InstaRabbit
06-19-2015, 12:01 PM
Well luckily, there are no crappy posts which say "REPOST THIS OR U WILL DIE AT 2 AM".

But there are crappy posts which say "REPOST THIS OR U WILL DIE AT 3AM" though

BlaZinG
06-19-2015, 12:11 PM

Smh

Hehe.

Lol.

ianCSzz
06-19-2015, 12:38 PM

Smh

Or something like "OMGOMG LALALALA I GOT A ICE KREEM LALALA YEYEYE"