PDA

View Full Version : Sleep paralysis

Pyroworld
06-24-2015, 03:41 AM
Have any of you had a case of sleep paralysis? It's when you wake up from sleep but you can't move anything... There's something on your chest, I saw a guy in a top hat like a magic show guy. It was extremely scary, I tried to wake up but I couldn't. It lasted about 5 minutes? I just wanted to talk to someone about this, so here I am!

tson
06-24-2015, 03:44 AM
I went through sleep paralysis once. Wasnt anything special. Didnt see any disfigured demons or ghouls.

fireblocker
06-24-2015, 03:46 AM
I'm confused and not confused. That seems very scary! :nope:

- - - Updated - - -

Have any of you had a case of sleep paralysis? It's when you wake up from sleep but you can't move anything... There's something on your chest, I saw a guy in a top hat like a magic show guy. It was extremely scary, I tried to wake up but I couldn't. It lasted about 5 minutes? I just wanted to talk to someone about this, so here I am!

So you can't wake up from sleep but you say when you wake up from sleep, you can't move anything?

Pyroworld
06-24-2015, 03:47 AM

- - - Updated - - -

So you can't wake up from sleep but you say when you wake up from sleep, you can't move anything?

Oh, trust me, it is.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Basically your brain wakes up, but your body doesn't.

Mahmoud
06-24-2015, 04:04 AM
I had it once I woke myself up with my mind powers! lasted 15-60 seconds.
It was a sleep paralysis and Lucid dreaming at the same time.

KAGEE
06-24-2015, 04:10 AM
Nope, never experienced it, but the whole concept of it seems rather intriguing.

ianCSzz
06-24-2015, 04:26 AM
Sleep paralysis just delays your normal sleep-wake cycle, in which, while in your REM sleep, your brain activity functions much like it does when you're awake. However, to keep you from hurting yourself during sleep (such as jumping out the window, driving the car, etc.), your body turns itself "off." Upon awakening, the body is reactivated.

That's how it works, but when a sleep paralysis phenomenon is occured, your body will delay the "turn on" for your locomotive muscles to react to your brain, in which you cannot move. It's rather just laying down and seeing some creepy figures, in which, while lucid dreaming, can be possible to change.

^^^^^^ Some details about sleep paralysis

I had a sleep paralysis, it was a floating blanket in my bedroom. That one was a few years ago and I have no idea how I still remember it.

ParkourDevil
06-24-2015, 04:28 AM
i had one but it was pretty fun

tson
06-24-2015, 04:30 AM
I started hallucinating about being able to move and every time I ran to open the door I just reappeared in the bed.

Mahmoud
06-24-2015, 04:44 AM
IDK why but today I will try to Astral Projection.

Compulsive
06-24-2015, 06:17 AM
I have a way to get out of sleep paralysis just dont struggle it will just get worse try move a small muscle like wiggle your toe idk why but after that my sleep paralysis will be gone

Indicative
06-24-2015, 06:20 AM
I have never experienced it but it seems scary. :ninja:

Mark Chong
06-24-2015, 06:27 AM
I started hallucinating about being able to move and every time I ran to open the door I just reappeared in the bed.

The feeling of 'hopeless' where u cant do anything to help urself, gawd...