PDA

View Full Version : Sharing

Typical
06-27-2015, 01:26 AM
It's an issue that's been on my mind for years now. In my opinion, I don't consider sharing to be a moral, social, or any kind of obligation. I consider it a choice. I choose whom I share with, and how I share it. It's a privilege that the recipient must earn. I don't expect anything back when I share, but that doesn't mean I'm obliged to share with anyone. Often times, in places where I've lived, people are frequently ostracized for so-called "defying" this social conformity of "sharing is caring." I know it's a trivial subject, but it peeves me beyond belief when I hear that kind of reasoning. This is a legitimate question, and be honest. Putting all morals behind, what do you truly think about sharing? Is it a must?

Megazork
06-27-2015, 01:30 AM
Sharing is only caring when it involves good food.

Words to live by~

Edit: Oh and on a serious note, it's not obligatory although others' societal values can influence that understanding.

Festivity
06-27-2015, 01:31 AM

Words to live by~

Wise words, my friend :prophet:

Typical
06-27-2015, 01:42 AM

Words to live by~

Edit: Oh and on a serious note, it's not obligatory although others' societal values can influence that understanding.

Megazork has spoken! Seriously though, adolescents seem to have this deluded notion instilled in them. Don't you just find it detestable when someone pulls the "sharing is caring" card on you? And no, it isn't about food.. most of the time.