PDA

View Full Version : Wishful Thinking

07-30-2003, 02:53 PM
I have a story in my head for a DMod but I don't really know that much about computers and I'm too lazy to learn how to make one. I know Adobe Photoshop and I suppose I can create some graphics but I wouldn't know the first thing about putting it together. So, I was wondering, if I wrote a story with all the dialogue in it, would anyone be interested in translating it into a DMOd?

I envy Dan Walma, SimonK, et al who spend hours working on these things and I sort of imagine the whole process as something like making a film and it all seems so fantastic. I want in on it, but I don't know how. I suppose I can download some tutorials but that would cost me hours on the internet and I'm broke and unemployed.

SimonK
08-03-2003, 12:54 AM
Email me your story if you want... I'm not promising anything... and I can't do anything for a couple of months... and I've still got SOB III to do... but if you can use photoshop well, things might be possible... who knows? http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/alien.gif

08-04-2003, 04:44 PM
I'm not really sure how to say this, I'm afraid it might make me sound like a groupie, but I'll say it anyway: I'm such a big fan, SimonK, it didn't even cross my mind that you would show an interest. I'm playing "Pilgrim's Quest" right now and I can't say enough good things about it. The rowing is my favorite part. Right now, I'm sort of stuck in the beginning of Dink's adventure after his resurrection. I still can't find the wind spirit. But I've played "The Creeping Sands," "Stone of Balance" and "The Isle of Croth." I think your ideas are fresh and original. I even love the lewdness. I don't mind if it sounds a bit misogynistic sometimes, I think the humor makes up for it. I'm going to start working on the story. I'm really excited, but don't worry I'm not expecting anything. I know you're busy and I'm sort of new at this, so I'll take my time. I'll let you know when I come up with something. Thank you.

SimonK
08-05-2003, 09:46 PM
no problem... might I suggest to keep it small, as I'll be more able to help out... but then again, ideas define their size by themselves... no matter what the author thought they were going to be like... Pilgrim's Quest wasn't meant to be an epic when I started it. http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif