PDA

View Full Version : Any techies?

kwj340
06-28-2015, 02:40 AM
Okay, so my laptop usually works fine, but now my CPU is at 100% and randomly shutting off after like 10 minutes of playing GT. I thought it was just overheating, and it might be but I just want to make sure that it's not something else.

Anyone know why?

P.S. Just being on chrome my CPU is at 60%. I have no idea if that's normal or not.

EDIT: Agar.io is also at 100%

syrup
06-28-2015, 02:41 AM
I thought this was about DOTA 2 :^(

jk dota sux

Check if svchost is the problem, it's usually a backdoor for bad stuff.

PannyFlan
06-28-2015, 02:42 AM
Like your laptop is shutting down by itself for no reason?
If you using window 7, and you never the type to update their important updates, go update them.
Did you have too much memory? Try to clear some space, and did you clean the thingy under the laptop, that collect the dust? Clean it out, and make the dust disappear.
This happen to me before...
To clean the dust, under your laptop, there is a lock key, and you unlock the key, then open the thingy that connect together with the laptop, and you see some dusts. Clean it with some light water, and dry it, and blow the dust out.

Spiros
06-28-2015, 02:42 AM
Make sure nothing unnecessary is running. View running processes with Task Manager.
Hope I could help!

Bejewled
06-28-2015, 02:43 AM
Most likely virus.
Try downloading process explorer and see if ya find anything.

kwj340
06-28-2015, 02:47 AM
Like your laptop is shutting down by itself for no reason?
If you using window 7, and you never the type to update their important updates, go update them.
Did you have too much memory? Try to clear some space, and did you clean the thingy under the laptop, that collect the dust? Clean it out, and make the dust disappear.
This happen to me before...
To clean the dust, under your laptop, there is a lock key, and you unlock the key, then open the thingy that connect together with the laptop, and you see some dusts. Clean it with some light water, and dry it, and blow the dust out.

Where do I go to update? I'm a complete newbie when it comes to technology tbh. I'll ask my stepdad or brother to help with cleaning it out tho. But thanks

PannyFlan
06-28-2015, 02:51 AM
Where do I go to update? I'm a complete newbie when it comes to technology tbh. I'll ask my stepdad or brother to help with cleaning it out tho. But thanks

Usually for me, it sometimes show me a small speech bubble saying '' update your window blah blah etc '' stuff, you can check the updates thingy, on the right corner areas and find the window thingy...
I can show you picture if you still confuse.

Arcyus
06-28-2015, 02:57 AM
It happens to my laptop too, it suddenly restart by itself without me knowing it then my laptop wants me to update thingy everytime when my laptop restart by itself ;-;.

PannyFlan
06-28-2015, 03:03 AM
It happens to my laptop too, it suddenly restart by itself without me knowing it then my laptop wants me to update thingy everytime when my laptop restart by itself ;-;.

Then go update thingy, it worked for me.
I had to update more than 1k things, because I NEVER updated for a year.
Took 5 hours to update.
Make sure you clean the dust, that from under your laptop, and make the dust go poof poof.

Arcyus
06-28-2015, 03:08 AM
Then go update thingy, it worked for me.
I had to update more than 1k things, because I NEVER updated for a year.
Took 5 hours to update.
Make sure you clean the dust, that from under your laptop, and make the dust go poof poof.
It keeps asking it even though I already updated it ;-;
That's why I seldom use my laptop to do things, I am afraid my work lost (or unsaved).

PannyFlan
06-28-2015, 03:10 AM
It keeps asking it even though I already updated it ;-;
That's why I seldom use my laptop to do things, I am afraid my work lost (or unsaved).

Did you clean your laptop thingy under your laptop? That could also be the problem.
Do you have so much memory on your laptop? Go remove some stuff, if you need them, use a flash drive to save them.

Hens
06-28-2015, 03:14 AM
Please do not open your laptop. It might not open ever again.

There is probably some dust in the way of the vents. Using a vacuum, if it's possible to "blow" instead of suck, use that. But if that's not a option, just use the vacuum at the vents to suck out as much dust as possible.

PannyFlan
06-28-2015, 03:19 AM
Please do not open your laptop. It might not open ever again.

There is probably some dust in the way of the vents. Using a vacuum, if it's possible to "blow" instead of suck, use that. But if that's not a option, just use the vacuum at the vents to suck out as much dust as possible.

Oh a vent, but what that thing called when there a lock key, and when you unlock it, this thing pop off so you can clean the dust?

Hens
06-28-2015, 03:21 AM
Oh a vent, but what that thing called when there a lock key, and when you unlock it, this thing pop off so you can clean the dust?

You have a lock key?

Arcyus
06-28-2015, 03:23 AM
Did you clean your laptop thingy under your laptop? That could also be the problem.
Do you have so much memory on your laptop? Go remove some stuff, if you need them, use a flash drive to save them.
Hmmmm.... Maybe I need to take my laptop to the laptop expert guy.

PannyFlan
06-28-2015, 03:24 AM
You have a lock key?

I don't know how to say this, but it have a small picture of a lock, and you can switch it to lock, or unlock.
When it unlock, you can pop the thingy to clean the dust out, and out right back in and lock it.
It under the laptop.

Hens
06-28-2015, 03:25 AM
I don't know how to say this, but it have a small picture of a lock, and you can switch it to lock, or unlock.
When it unlock, you can pop the thingy to clean the dust out, and out right back in and lock it.
It under the laptop.

I have a Toshiba Satellite

syrup
06-28-2015, 12:54 PM
If these were real techies they wouldn't be techies.

alright

Festivity
06-28-2015, 01:03 PM
Check if all the fans are working, if not, then that's probably the problem. Also don't let it heat up too much, or some of the components like the graphics card can get fried. I'm sure Conan the Savior will save the day, duh, I'm just a kouhai.

Hope this helps!
Festivity

PannyFlan
06-28-2015, 01:12 PM
Check if all the fans are working, if not, then that's probably the problem. Also don't let it heat up too much, or some of the components like the graphics card can get fried. I'm sure Conan the Savior will save the day, duh, I'm just a kouhai.

Hope this helps!
Festivity

Conan is super duper smart.
My uncle is 5x smarter than him though.

Hens
06-28-2015, 03:54 PM
Conan is super duper smart.
My uncle is 5x smarter than him though.

Conan was a mod