PDA

View Full Version : Going into Grade 9! :D

Pikasack
06-29-2015, 09:31 PM
I just finished Grade 8 as an A honour roll, and am now entering grade 9.
Any tips you guys have?

I also got a blizzard cake from DQ! :yeah:

Crimester
06-29-2015, 09:35 PM
Don't slack in the beginning this is my biggest tip when I entered high school I thought "oh I'm to cool for this, why do I have to do this exam?" But I was absolutely wrong! Don't let girls or friends distract you, your studies are more important than anything and quite honestly, you probably won't be anything without a high school diploma. Currently I'm a student at Harvard University and I'm going to become a Computer Programmer.

EasykGT
06-29-2015, 09:49 PM
I'm also just going into Grade 9!
Congratulations for both of us! :yeah:

Megazork
06-29-2015, 09:52 PM
Always have your priorities planned out and try to have a minimal amount of extracurricular activities (one or two clubs are fine). Homework isn't a large concern but try to prioritize it first as projects and large assignments can be come at any time. I'm always one to go for extra-credit because it always provides some sort of reassurance for my grade in the future. Your time is your greatest asset in highschool, use it wisely.

GT|MikkAy
06-29-2015, 09:55 PM
I'm also going into 9th grade ;-; I'm scared .

dirknkobe
06-29-2015, 10:06 PM
Make sure you take honors and ap classes if you want to go to college.

- - - Updated - - -

Always have your priorities planned out and try to have a minimal amount of extracurricular activities (one or two clubs are fine). Homework isn't a large concern but try to prioritize it first as projects and large assignments can be come at any time. I'm always one to go for extra-credit because it always provides some sort of reassurance for my grade in the future. Your time is your greatest asset in highschool, use it wisely.

I disagree extracurricular is needed for college or at least it looks good on the college application

sevag
06-29-2015, 10:07 PM
Going to 10th
Even tho we don't go the same school and we live in different country I just have to say to you that never trust the people that say 9th is hard and blablabla
listening to them will make you stressed and that will affect you .
as a tip from me focus on your lessons do your homeworks and take your time doing them ,listen and understand what teacher explains,lean well
and I guess that you'll be fine

Oh and forgot
congrats for passing to 9th grade ,have a good year

Megazork
06-29-2015, 10:10 PM
Make sure you take honors and ap classes if you want to go to college.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree extracurricular is needed for college or at least it looks good on the college application

I never said they weren't good for college but having too many may cause an overflow of work on your palette. 3 is the most I would recommend you can take without overexerting yourself.

Jack Smith
06-29-2015, 10:11 PM
Have fun at High school Musical. Team WILDCATS!

Hens
06-29-2015, 10:13 PM
Join ASB

looks good for college

Pyroworld
06-29-2015, 10:16 PM
Have fun at High school Musical. Team WILDCATS!

Wait, what?! IM A WILDCAT TOO! a high five bro!

Indicative
06-30-2015, 01:53 AM
Congrats! :rolleyes: