PDA

View Full Version : Gonna start watching anime. Need some help.

NOBEL21
06-30-2015, 05:47 PM
So I am new to this thing called anime. A lot of people on the forums say it's good. So I wonder if there are any animes that are funny at the same time linked to sports? The sport I would like to would be like any type of ball sports except cricket, tennis and those. I mean like football, basketball,hockey and martial arts or combat sports. Hope any of you anime experts could help me. :)

ZeroRarity
06-30-2015, 06:00 PM
I just recently started too. The only anime I know linked to basketball is Kuroko no Basket. You can try that out.

Hans
06-30-2015, 06:00 PM
So I am new to this thing called anime. A lot of people on the forums say it's good. So I wonder if there are any animes that are funny at the same time linked to sports? The sport I would like to would be like any type of ball sports except cricket, tennis and those. I mean like football, basketball,hockey and martial arts or combat sports. Hope any of you anime experts could help me. :)

Well, there are many animes linked to sports, but mixed with romance. Or often, just school, and sports.

Yeah, sure, just go to YouTube and search the kind of anime you want. (Ex. Best animes of 2013-2015, sports genres)

Aquarious
06-30-2015, 06:02 PM
Haikyuu!! -Volleyball (currently watching it)
Kuroko No Basuke -Basketball (Never watched it before, pretty popular though)

King902
06-30-2015, 06:15 PM
Magi-The Labyrinth of Magic

Magi-The Kingdom of Magic

One Piece

Some weird cooking anime I fogot about. Cooking is a sport, yes it is.

Naruto

Who needs sports when you've got magic. :crazy:

Megazork
06-30-2015, 06:19 PM
There's many animes genres you can go for. Comedy, Romances, Harems, Action, Sci-fi, and many more.

Find whatever suits your own preferences, don't hesitate to ask other anime-fan forumers about animes as well.

You should try searching up sports anime genres. Kuroko No Basket is a good one from what I've heard.

PannyFlan
06-30-2015, 06:24 PM
How about '' Free! ''?
It swimming...

radusavin366
06-30-2015, 06:26 PM
Inazuma eleven :crazy:

NOBEL21
06-30-2015, 06:28 PM
Should I watch on youtube or website?

PannyFlan
06-30-2015, 06:32 PM

Website is better. Some anime have english dubbed, and some don't.
I don't know what anime website to recommend though. There alot of good ones, that for sure.

Hans
06-30-2015, 06:40 PM

Website; kissanime.com is a good site to watch anime, don't mind the name, though. Or anilinkz.com is a good alternative site, or just search up, and click on anything that rocks your boat.

(PS: Beware! After watching certain animes, it may, or may not affect you in some way. It might give you dem feels and ask for more of that certain anime, or change you slowly by slowly by watching. Trust me, I've seen people. And I'm a living source for this [watched too much ecchi, now seeing those "stuff" is a little too normal for me]. Yeah, just be careful.)

NOBEL21
06-30-2015, 06:42 PM
Website is better. Some anime have english dubbed, and some don't.
I don't know what anime website to recommend though. There alot of good ones, that for sure. Is there any website that you can recommend with no virus?

ZeroRarity
06-30-2015, 06:50 PM
Gogoanime.com is the site I'm always using when watching anime. By the way, I recommend that you watch Mirai Nikki. Let the very first female MC you watch be Gasai Yuno.

MBG090
06-30-2015, 06:52 PM
For football/soccer, Inazuma Eleven.

NOBEL21
06-30-2015, 07:01 PM
Gogoanime.com is the site I'm always using when watching anime. By the way, I recommend that you watch Mirai Nikki. Let the very first female MC you watch be Gasai Yuno.

What is that anime about? Also thanks for the help everyone.

ZeroRarity
06-30-2015, 07:04 PM

A survival game to determine the next god. The players' weapons are their diaries which can predict the future. It's good!

Megazork
06-30-2015, 07:12 PM

Refer to ZeroRarity's later post, but don't force yourself to watch it if it creeps you out. Warning, some blood and dark parts to it, but story is amazing.

NOBEL21
06-30-2015, 07:15 PM
A survival game to determine the next god. The players' weapons are their diaries which can predict the future. It's good!Meh. maybe another day. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Tempting
06-30-2015, 07:19 PM
Meh. maybe another day. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Mirai Nikki is an extremely good anime. You shouldn't forget it. Even though other people have said it, I only know Haikyuu!! (Volleyball) and Kuroko no Basket (Basketball). There are tons of others genres though, so you should try out more than one genre if you're starting. Also, if an RPG is considered a game, Sword Art Online (Sword RPG & Shooter Game In Season 2) is a good starting anime.

MySuperCookie
06-30-2015, 07:27 PM
If you like swiming you might like Iwatobi Swim Club.

But I can tell you it has a lot of yaoi (gay relationships made by fans) :sweatdrop:

GT_PIJUS
06-30-2015, 07:35 PM
Inazuma eleven :crazy:

This one.
This one.
This one.

NOBEL21
06-30-2015, 07:54 PM
I am gonna start with inzuma eleven. Might gonna try school and romance and action and martial arts genres. So excited :yeah::yeah:

just one growtopian
06-30-2015, 08:02 PM
I'm watching To Love Ru, it's currently the only anime i have ever watched and i love it (it contains some ecchi moments but i watch it because the characters and sry is awesome) Can someone who has watched that suggest me another one similiar to this? I have watched all the episodes and seasons.

Trollrage
06-30-2015, 08:02 PM

I recommend you watching Cartoons. (Good ones)
100x Times better

Hans
06-30-2015, 08:08 PM
I'm watching To Love Ru, it's currently the only anime i have ever watched and i love it (it contains some ecchi moments but i watch it because the characters and sry is awesome) Can someone who has watched that suggest me another one similiar to this? I have watched all the episodes and seasons.

To LOVE-Ru darkness has leveled-up it's ecchiness, compared to To LOVE-Ru, and To LOVE-Ru Motto :crazy:.

just one growtopian
06-30-2015, 08:10 PM
To LOVE-Ru darkness has leveled-up it's ecchiness, compared to To LOVE-Ru, and To LOVE-Ru Motto :crazy:.

Watched all of them.

Magicalfishy
06-30-2015, 08:13 PM
Drop everything right now and watch One Piece.
I swear you will not regret it, especially when you get all the surprises along the way... especially the newer episodes.

Hans
06-30-2015, 08:17 PM
Watched all of them.

Ecchi fan?

just one growtopian
06-30-2015, 08:20 PM
Ecchi fan?

No, i just like the characters and story.

Hans
06-30-2015, 08:21 PM
No, i just like the characters and story.

owh :crazy:

Megazork
06-30-2015, 08:23 PM
Ecchi fan?

Bruh, I have contests with friends to name as many ecchis as you can. Ecchi fan is an understatement.

just one growtopian
06-30-2015, 08:24 PM
owh :crazy:

Omg i just found out that the To LOVE Ru Darkness 2nd will be revealed in 7 days :O

Hans
06-30-2015, 08:24 PM
Omg i just found out that the To LOVE Ru Darkness 2nd will be revealed in 7 days :O

WOT? I WAS ALRDY WAITING FOR MONTHs NOW. OMG TYTYTYTYTYTT

Megazork
06-30-2015, 08:25 PM
\
http://media.giphy.com/media/5xtDarpgYrxAVSjbk5y/giphy.gif

PolarisHD
06-30-2015, 08:32 PM
I am gonna start with inzuma eleven. Might gonna try school and romance and action and martial arts genres. So excited :yeah::yeah:

Make sure to watch Kuroko no Basket next. I disliked basketball at first, but after watching it, it really got me into basketball.

NOBEL21
06-30-2015, 08:39 PM
I decided in stead of rush , so will I go through some genres and find an anime that fits me. Just one question, what is the name of that anm that there is this girl who likes to fix her sisters hair and go to high school?

Hans
06-30-2015, 08:41 PM
I decided in stead of rush , so will I go through some genres and find an anime that fits me. Just one question, what is the name of that anm that there is this girl who likes to fix her sisters hair and go to high school?

omg be more specific.

NOBEL21
06-30-2015, 08:47 PM
omg be more specific.

Well basically what I remember was that she didn't like that haircut on her self. I don't know anything more.

PolarisHD
06-30-2015, 08:51 PM
Well basically what I remember was that she didn't like that haircut on her self. I don't know anything more.

What did the girl(s) look like? When did you watch it?

If you have a reddit account, you can try asking it on /r/AnimeSuggest.

NOBEL21
06-30-2015, 08:58 PM
What did the girl(s) look like? When did you watch it?

If you have a reddit account, you can try asking it on /r/AnimeSuggest.

I haven't seen it. It just pop up on the home screen. Then I read the description. What I wrote before was the information I got from the description.

Hans
06-30-2015, 09:07 PM
Bruh, I have contests with friends to name as many ecchis as you can. Ecchi fan is an understatement.

yes ecchi-senpai. teach me ur ways and pm all the ecchi u know. lol wot m9

PolarisHD
06-30-2015, 09:13 PM
I haven't seen it. It just pop up on the home screen. Then I read the description. What I wrote before was the information I got from the description.

What's "home screen"? Also, was there a poster/picture of the anime? If so, can you describe what it looked like?

@Hans: Watch Prison School. It'll start airing on Jul. 11. From what I've seen in the manga, it has tons of ecchi.

lsaac2
06-30-2015, 09:16 PM
I don't know why, but I just plain out hate anime. To me it's just a cartoon with more detail and less frame rate.

Hans
06-30-2015, 09:30 PM
What's "home screen"? Also, was there a poster/picture of the anime? If so, can you describe what it looked like?

@Hans: Watch Prison School. It'll start airing on Jul. 11. From what I've seen in the manga, it has tons of ecchi.

Ty senpai.

Areodax
06-30-2015, 09:37 PM
SPOOOOOOORTS.

And I'm still tryin to finish One Piece.

It's really a good anime like Magical says, but it sometimes have filler episodes. It's also hilarious and gives you dem feels.

And the main character (Luffy) is funneh.

- - - Updated - - -

I swear you will not regret it, especially when you get all the surprises along the way... especially the newer episodes.

Dang you beat me. No spoil pls.

PannyFlan
06-30-2015, 10:21 PM

It must be this!
Kyou, Koi o Hajimemasu. There is a OVA for the anime, but quite not sure the episode.
The finished story is only in Manga, and I swear this is the right one.

|ThyLuigi|
06-30-2015, 10:25 PM

Fairytail is pretty cool....

NOBEL21
06-30-2015, 11:29 PM
It must be this!
Kyou, Koi o Hajimemasu. There is a OVA for the anime, but quite not sure the episode.
The finished story is only in Manga, and I swear this is the right one.
Yes, that was the one that I was talking about.

lukj2001
06-30-2015, 11:35 PM
LLOLOLOLL ***F

Anyways,
Code Geass
07 Ghost manga
Kill la kill

- - - Updated - - -

PLEASE NO OMG. NO. I LIVE IN CHINA SO UBEAT ME . CODE GEASS. DROP EVERYTHING(including one piece)AND WATCH CODE GEASSPLZPLZLPLZ

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Watch shigatsu wa kimi no use, its a sport anime :rolleyes:

PannyFlan
06-30-2015, 11:45 PM
Yes, that was the one that I was talking about.

That a shoujo kind of anime/manga.
If you want to know anymore shoujo manga or anime, let me know.
I'm a shoujo lover.

NOBEL21
06-30-2015, 11:46 PM
I'm a shoujo lover.
Ok, thank you for the help.

lukj2001
06-30-2015, 11:47 PM
I'm a shoujo lover.

all ecchi and hentai is shonen right?

PannyFlan
06-30-2015, 11:54 PM
I'm the only person, who love romance or shoujo manga or some anime, more than anyone.

PolarisHD
07-01-2015, 12:03 AM
I'm the only person, who love romance or shoujo manga or some anime, more than anyone.

I love romance anime as long as it isn't Shoujo. They're too girly for me. Well, of course it's natural since Shoujos are aimed towards females.

PannyFlan
07-01-2015, 12:29 AM
I love romance anime as long as it isn't Shoujo. They're too girly for me. Well, of course it's natural since Shoujos are aimed towards females.

Too girly eh.
Not all shoujo mangas are THAT girly, like Switch Girl, Beauty Pop, etc.