PDA

View Full Version : 8th grade honor science

matchamoo
07-03-2015, 06:44 AM
Hey guys my teachers want me to do the eighth grade honors science which is earth science but like idk of I should do honors math and science at he same time anyone done both and have any tips?

PotatoMarco
07-03-2015, 04:03 PM
if i were you i would take earth science, i find that subject very interesting and pretty easy
what kinds of math are you doing?

Tohru
07-03-2015, 04:06 PM
Hey, I did 7th grade:

-Advanced literature
-Advanced history
-Advanced science
-Advanced math (qualified for 9th grade math but didn't fit schedule :()

I'm going into 8th grade too, so I bet it's okay. Science isn't hard, but it's meh. You have to get every single detail written down or you lose points. We're also very paced and we don't have a lot of homework, but a lot of expectations.

BLYoshi
07-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Always take honors classes.

PotatoMarco
07-03-2015, 07:12 PM
i actually dk what an honor class is

Hans
07-03-2015, 07:16 PM
School = tedious.

Pls.

Conan
07-03-2015, 08:04 PM
So you can take advanced lessons?
I envy you .-.

My school literally sucks.
Especially the teachers.
My business math teacher lowered my grade for CORRECTING his mistake. (He was teaching wrong stuff and I told him in a nice way that it's wrong)
Crap they teach are lessons for lower grade levels at my previous school. (That's why im bored asf in my classes)

Don't forget the favoritism in class LOL

My school is so left behind in lessons .-. and they call themselves a private school .-. (The reason I'll still go there this year is because they moved the start of classes to august from june. :crazy: Longer Vacation FTW)

matchamoo
07-03-2015, 08:16 PM
if i were you i would take earth science, i find that subject very interesting and pretty easy
what kinds of math are you doing?

It's like advanced algebra.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I did 7th grade:

-Advanced literature
-Advanced history
-Advanced science
-Advanced math (qualified for 9th grade math but didn't fit schedule :()

I'm going into 8th grade too, so I bet it's okay. Science isn't hard, but it's meh. You have to get every single detail written down or you lose points. We're also very paced and we don't have a lot of homework, but a lot of expectations.

Unfortunately my school only has honors science and math I love ELA and Social Studies and I wish they had advanced classes for those.

Hans
07-03-2015, 08:16 PM
So you can take advanced lessons?
I envy you .-.

My school literally sucks.
Especially the teachers.
My business math teacher lowered my grade for CORRECTING his mistake. (He was teaching wrong stuff and I told him in a nice way that it's wrong)
Crap they teach are lessons for lower grade levels at my previous school. (That's why im bored asf in my classes)

Don't forget the favoritism in class LOL

My school is so left behind in lessons .-. and they call themselves a private school .-. (The reason I'll still go there this year is because they moved the start of classes to august from june. :crazy: Longer Vacation FTW)

Proves as much that school sucks.

bigjohn
07-03-2015, 11:51 PM
I always did all AP/honors and never had much difficulty, so I'd say go for it.

JOSHIE63
07-04-2015, 04:48 AM
AP classes are easy for me (besides English, but that's just the teacher) so I'd advise trying it. I'm not sure about your school, but in our middle school, we can ask to be placed in other classes (with parental permissions) even if we started the course. While I absolutely hate most of earth science, certain topics are interesting. Those include just about everything besides a whole two months spent on studying the types of rivers. Only test I've ever received a D on. I'm going into ninth grade — have fun learning about rivers. :crazy:

matchamoo
07-04-2015, 05:39 PM
Thanks guys you're more inspirational then Shia Labeouf :yeah: