PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Tips

Tohru
07-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Hey guys! I'm making my own version of Fairy Tail (I'm sorry for this, but it seemed so much fun!) and I'm adding one of my own characters; Zeria Sakura!

I just need a few tips.

Arigato in advance!

HERE'S ANOTHER ONE: I was drawing the next scene to the chapter I read so far
The scene basically says: (WARNING: SPOILER)
when Natsu attacked Ms.Brand, she bought them some time to escape by raising her magic power to match the Spriggian twelve. Ms.Brand captured Zeira and she realizes that God Serena was her childhood friend, etc.

There's a bug with the below picture, it won't let me edit it out.

Tohru
07-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Heading for the bottom NUU y u do dis

Tohru
07-05-2015, 07:37 PM
Another bump I cri

Hans
07-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Use light pen for putting up shadows/ border fx, pastel color spread, then light colors 2nd border to pastel color, normal pencil shading (not too sharp, not too blunt), spread, make borders before drawing/coloring, make guide lines then erase, put up circles, then erase after, use sign pen to put up more fx (or a light marker would work but 2expensive4u) on each highlited parts, ask someone with a good penmanship to sign it.

Done.

CaveMan
07-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Hey guys! I'm making my own version of Fairy Tail (I'm sorry for this, but it seemed so much fun!) and I'm adding one of my own characters; Zeria Sakura!

I just need a few tips.

Arigato in advance!

Turn around your picture.

Tohru
07-05-2015, 08:30 PM
I was gonna sign it but I didn't want to put my IRL name there xD

Anyway, I did make my borders before drawing and coloring, and during the end I realized that the pencil lines looked too light and you couldn't see them, so I added the outline at the last minute.

EDIT: CaveMan, you click on it to see.

CaveMan
07-05-2015, 08:32 PM

Anyway, I did make my borders before drawing and coloring, and during the end I realized that the pencil lines looked too light and you couldn't see them, so I added the outline at the last minute.

I know I did bigger but it's still your picture is upside down.Btw,nice drawing!

Hans
07-05-2015, 08:34 PM

Which one do you need help with, anyways? Interface outlook, or the main that everyone would care to notice?

I'm gud at the fx thing cuz i like shadowing stuff thing color yas. Not too shabby when it comes to drawing the main, but I still kinda suck.

Tohru
07-05-2015, 08:53 PM
To CaveMan: It still shows right side up on mine. Well, I'll retake it later, lol. Thanks for the compliment!

To Hans: No, I realized my mistake in the outline. Thanks for helping and the tips anyhow.

Hans
07-05-2015, 09:00 PM
To CaveMan: It still shows right side up on mine. Well, I'll retake it later, lol. Thanks for the compliment!

To Hans: No, I realized my mistake in the outline. Thanks for helping and the tips anyhow.

Well, I'll be frank here, but I'll try to sugarcoat.

The out line has no border from each sides of the paper, could've used a decent design from 2-4 sides, color derrails from each line guides, try placing the main in the middle, so that the color shows symmetry and will look more decent. I can assure you that.

Oh, and you missed some coloring at the border, that's why you have to use (or not if you're really experienced) oil pastel to spread out, and light coloring pens/ pencils to balance the color of the spread. (You don't have to if it's intentional)

kthxbai dun get hurt pls

26FtW26
07-05-2015, 09:04 PM
doz diz mien u liek fair taiel? oimgfg

Tohru
07-05-2015, 09:13 PM
Ok fixing now.

To Hans: Arigato for being blunt. I don't really have the good art supplies, but I guess I'll manage.

To 26illoominati: Yas I like Fairy Tail. I read the whole manga so far so yeah.

Hans
07-05-2015, 09:16 PM
Ok fixing now.

To Hans: Arigato for being blunt. I don't really have the good art supplies, but I guess I'll manage.

To 26illoominati: Yas I like Fairy Tail. I read the whole manga so far so yeah.

U dun need the fancy pancy art materials, just color pen/pencils, light color markers, pencils, oil pastel, and a paper ofc

Others are optional

Tohru
07-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Hans, I don't even have the oil pastels, the pens, or the light markers D:

Hans
07-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Hans, I don't even have the oil pastels, the pens, or the light markers D:

Omg dun u have sckool?

Tohru
07-05-2015, 09:24 PM
We're not allowed to draw our on stuff in art with the tools; only on school projects. I cri at my lack of misfortune coming upon my empty hands of only paper, pencil, crayons, and colored pencils.

Hans
07-05-2015, 09:37 PM
We're not allowed to draw our on stuff in art with the tools; only on school projects. I cri at my lack of misfortune coming upon my empty hands of only paper, pencil, crayons, and colored pencils.

Its fine.

Naturally girls can improvise at stuff

GTLighty
07-05-2015, 09:41 PM
It looks great so far! What I'm suggesting is to shade a lot (so it looks like there are many many shades in one area), and improve on the body structure/make more different angles and poses.

Keep going, you're doing great! :o

Tohru
07-05-2015, 10:54 PM
I also have a question, I'm not sure how to draw hands correctly...

GTLighty
07-05-2015, 11:01 PM
I also have a question, I'm not sure how to draw hands correctly...

(credits to whomever made it)

This really helped me.

Tohru
07-05-2015, 11:05 PM
I found that method on YouTube but the fingers I drew were always too chubby, lol. I guess I'll try again.

Comment
07-05-2015, 11:05 PM
Nice hand writing, though.

Tohru
07-05-2015, 11:06 PM
Thank you so much! I practiced a lot when I was little, so it paid off.

J0etopia
07-05-2015, 11:06 PM
Great drawings, keep up the good work!

Tohru
07-05-2015, 11:08 PM
Thank you so much! I practiced a lot and looked at the Fairy Tail manga, lol. :P

Tohru
07-06-2015, 12:01 PM
This thread shall rise.

L3thalHunter
07-06-2015, 12:09 PM
My tips.
Quit drawing
Get a corn dog
Check forums
Don't kill me

- - - Updated - - -

My tips.
Quit drawing
Get a corn dog
Check forums
Don't kill me

SRYSLY THO NICE DWAAAAWINGS.

BioTestificate
07-06-2015, 02:31 PM

I was using my internet alter ego's signature IRL since January, heh (signatures doesn't need to bear your real name in any way, I believe in myself)...

And yeah, when you're quite happy in the pencil outline, start overlaying it with anything thick before coloring, maybe. I am the type of person who hates dealing with colors; can't really good advice since I just observe it from my classmates.

ezereal
07-06-2015, 02:34 PM
How u could improve is make the chine a little more flat, your chin is too sharp, make your eyes a little smaller, more reflection doesn't mean better, if u need a good artist search this guy called mark crilley, he is good in anime style and he have tutorials on YouTube, which may help you:wave: let's see this in fairy tail 3 years time

ianCSzz
07-06-2015, 03:07 PM
I can't notice the elbow.
The feet are kinda unnatural.
The eyes are weird coloured.

I think there is more, but yeah... good job.

Tohru
07-06-2015, 03:10 PM
How u could improve is make the chine a little more flat, your chin is too sharp, make your eyes a little smaller, more reflection doesn't mean better, if u need a good artist search this guy called mark crilley, he is good in anime style and he have tutorials on YouTube, which may help you:wave: let's see this in fairy tail 3 years time

I know, markcriley's style is a bit harder for me. I looked at the first few chapters and the chin was that sharp. The big eyes were on purpose.

EDIT: The feet were boots; the little rounded thing was because it looked like that in the front. The eyes weren't weird-colored, it was pencil but the light from the carpet made it look like that. Sorry.

lukj2001
07-06-2015, 03:13 PM
3 words:

Watch Code Geass

ezereal
07-06-2015, 03:19 PM
I know, markcriley's style is a bit harder for me. I looked at the first few chapters and the chin was that sharp. The big eyes were on purpose.

EDIT: The feet were boots; the little rounded thing was because it looked like that in the front. The eyes weren't weird-colored, it was pencil but the light from the carpet made it look like that. Sorry.

I will draw your character head again, this time using my style...

Tohru
07-06-2015, 06:02 PM
Looking forward to it!

Tohru
07-07-2015, 12:25 AM
This thread shall rise; I'll update the thread with another drawing with exclusive small hands.

Tohru
07-07-2015, 01:11 PM
Bump again yay

Tohru
07-07-2015, 03:55 PM
New drawing: SITUATION CONTAINS SPOILER!

Tohru
07-07-2015, 11:42 PM
Last bump of the day *fp*