PDA

View Full Version : You shouldn't care.

26FtW26
07-05-2015, 10:38 PM
You shouldn't care about what people think of you. You are your own person, and nobody can change who you are.
If you care about other people's opinions on you, you will have a crappy life. And nobody wants that.
Live your life, and don't let anyone lower your mood!

Hans
07-05-2015, 10:57 PM
You shouldn't care about what people think of you. You are your own person, and nobody can change who you are.
If you care about other people's opinions on you, you will have a crappy life. And nobody wants that.
Live your life, and don't let anyone lower your mood!

1/8 of my life's philosophy consists this. lol

Typical
07-06-2015, 01:24 AM
Sadly, in this day and age, many adolescents have the misconception that being themselves is a taboo if they want to 'fit in' or be a part of the majority. I wouldn't want to turn this into a debate thread, which I'm guessing you don't want to either (?). Good advice.

TheFanoftech
07-06-2015, 01:31 AM
Sadly, in this day and age, many adolescents have the misconception that being themselves is a taboo if they want to 'fit in' or be a part of the majority. I wouldn't want to turn this into a debate thread, which I'm guessing you don't want to either (?). Good advice.

Hasn't it always been this way?

Sidewynder
07-06-2015, 01:32 AM

Exactly. Thank you, sir.

TheFanoftech
07-06-2015, 01:36 AM
Exactly. Thank you, sir.

No problemo.

Typical
07-06-2015, 01:38 AM

It seems to be much more prominent in the modern age than in the past, especially with social media and the Internet present.

TheFanoftech
07-06-2015, 01:50 AM
It seems to be much more prominent in the modern age than in the past, especially with social media and the Internet present.

There is, I think, a fear that people have when they try to be independent. They are afraid that if they try to do something new they will fail. Many people cannot conquer this fear and just stick with the norm and try to be 'model citizens'

As the future grows, this fear will grow in millenials. With social media, they have a bigger audience, more people that they think will attempt to judge them. People are afraid of judgement.

Typical
07-06-2015, 02:10 AM
There is, I think, a fear that people have when they try to be independent. They are afraid that if they try to do something new they will fail. Many people cannot conquer this fear and just stick with the norm and try to be 'model citizens'

As the future grows, this fear will grow in millenials. With social media, they have a bigger audience, more people that they think will attempt to judge them. People are afraid of judgement.

In my opinion, overcoming that fear is one of the greatest lesson you could learn in life, which the OP explained perfectly.

Comment
07-06-2015, 02:12 AM
People always call me "ugly" and sort. And, people call me "Chinese kid" just because I am Asian. Also, i get bullied a lot because i tried to speak with girls. Only thing is, i have anger management.

TheFanoftech
07-06-2015, 02:18 AM
People always call me "ugly" and sort. And, people call me "Chinese kid" just because I am Asian. Also, i get bullied a lot because i tried to speak with girls. Only thing is, i have anger management.

This is probably unrelated but what state do you live in?

Comment
07-06-2015, 02:21 AM
This is probably unrelated but what state do you live in?Illinois. (10chars)

bigjohn
07-06-2015, 02:24 AM
To an extent, yes. But don't be so selfish that it hurts those around you, especially when it's the ones you love. That which benefits the self does not always benefit the whole; sacrifice. Goes along with empathy (a trait that, if exercised and taught could really make the world a better place). For example, this past school year, there was an extracurricular activity that I was very unhappy with near the end of the year. I wanted to get out really bad, but my mom expressed that she'd be extremely disappointed and saddened if I didn't go through the entire year. So I sacrificed for the sake of peace in the home and the overall good even though I very much wanted to get out. I do agree that you really have to be yourself (another thing I learned more this past year) but be mindful.

lukj2001
07-06-2015, 02:24 AM
Here is another part of my philosophy.

You shouldn't care about what people think of you. Yes, you are right. You are you but you are not completely you. The you right now is infested and corrupted by society, religion and culture. These are all useless things that will only blind your judgement. I only follow rules that I have to, or else my freedom would be removed. Culture is something that is corrupted by each passing generation. In the Chinese culture, children listen to adults. But why do children have to listen to adults? So adults could control and bend the child to their will? Quite right! Religion. Religion, religion, religion. Also the statement that children have to listen to adults. Now, society. Have you heard of those slutty trends? Yes, those corrupt you too. Peer pressure.

I guess only a shut-in like me would understand how much corruption there is in the world. I will never respect religion, culture, and society. That is a reason why I left the Christian faith. Corruption. Forcing the word on me. For you Christians out there, I know how much the bible and God mean to you. But I really can see how corrupted the bible is. What you call corruption is what I call evolution. What I call evolution you call corruption.

I will never be respected for my ideals. That is why I am a shut-in. Continuously inspecting the world is what I do.

Sidewynder
07-06-2015, 02:27 AM
Here is another part of my philosophy.

You shouldn't care about what people think of you. Yes, you are right. You are you but you are not completely you. The you right now is infested and corrupted by society, religion and culture. These are all useless things that will only blind your judgement. I only follow rules that I have to, or else my freedom would be removed. Culture is something that is corrupted by each passing generation. In the Chinese culture, children listen to adults. But why do children have to listen to adults? So adults could control and bend the child to their will? Quite right! Religion. Religion, religion, religion. Also the statement that children have to listen to adults. Now, society. Have you heard of those slutty trends? Yes, those corrupt you too. Peer pressure.

I guess only a shut-in like me would understand how much corruption there is in the world. I will never respect religion, culture, and society. That is a reason why I left the Christian faith. Corruption. Forcing the word on me. For you Christians out there, I know how much the bible and God mean to you. But I really can see how corrupted the bible is. What you call corruption is what I call evolution. What I call evolution you call corruption.

I will never be respected for my ideals. That is why I am a shut-in. Continuously inspecting the world is what I do.

Can you point out some corruption in the Bible?

lukj2001
07-06-2015, 02:42 AM
Can you point out some corruption in the Bible?

You won't call this corruption, but children listening to parents. Children respecting parents. Respecting elders overall.

Sidewynder
07-06-2015, 01:57 PM
You won't call this corruption, but children listening to parents. Children respecting parents. Respecting elders overall.

Lol what is corruptive about listening to the people who gave birth to you and respecting those who came before you? Those are just good manners dude.

Hans
07-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Lol what is corruptive about listening to the people who gave birth to you and respecting those who came before you? Those are just good manners dude.

I think he means people who over abuse that authority given to them. Well, maybe.

lukj2001
07-06-2015, 02:00 PM

Manners? Define good manners. Those are only "Good manners" taught to you by your ancestors. Manners are corrupt. Adults twist children to do their bidding, shape children the way they want...

Sidewynder
07-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Manners? Define good manners. Those are only "Good manners" taught to you by your ancestors. Manners are corrupt. Adults twist children to do their bidding, shape children the way they want...

The Bible didn't say any of that. It said obey your parents. It's up to the parents to train them right. Not the Bible. So that's not corruption. Fail #1.

lukj2001
07-06-2015, 03:12 PM
The Bible didn't say any of that. It said obey your parents. It's up to the parents to train them right. Not the Bible. So that's not corruption. Fail #1.

Exactly. The Bible says that children should obey their parents. Parents, however, are corrupted much more than children, as their exposure to culture, society, and religion are much more than a child. These parents teach their children "manners", which you are referring to as "Good manners".

Sidewynder
07-07-2015, 01:20 AM
Exactly. The Bible says that children should obey their parents. Parents, however, are corrupted much more than children, as their exposure to culture, society, and religion are much more than a child. These parents teach their children "manners", which you are referring to as "Good manners".

Okay I'm not talking to you. You're one of those ignorant people that over-analyze things. Bye lol. The idea is you respect authority no matter how corrupt. Just like how people obey police even though their corrupt. It's a sign of maturity and responsibility. So shut up. You over-analyze simple things. bye.

lukj2001
07-07-2015, 02:00 AM
Okay I'm not talking to you. You're one of those ignorant people that over-analyze things. Bye lol. The idea is you respect authority no matter how corrupt. Just like how people obey police even though their corrupt. It's a sign of maturity and responsibility. So shut up. You over-analyze simple things. bye.

Patience is a virtue. Know how much time I put into my ideals? A lot. That's why I'm a shut-in, away from life. I can't respect corrupt authority, I'm sorry. But I do love to take a step back and judge the world, even if its not my job to do so.