PDA

View Full Version : I need serious help...

Elusive
07-07-2015, 07:25 AM
Well to start off, my life is a huge mess.. my grades are really bad and i don't think i can graduate in time. I have 9 siblings and all 9 have graduated from highschool and i'm the only one left home with my parents other than my brother and his girlfriend to take care of my parents and it's an arguing day everyday with my parents and me. My dad already tried to kick me out of the house once already, i went to live with my sister for a couple days then came back. Just last year, my sophomore year my girlfriend died from a car accident and my grades went straight down from there, before i knew it a year has already past and i'm still crying over it. I played games and listened to music everyday. Now that i noticed it, i even changed my homepage from facebook to another game forums. My grades were never that good anyways though. The same year i stayed home a lot of days and when i did go to school my friends would tell me that i should tell my teachers about it so they can take it easy on my homework but i never did, now that it's too late i was sent to a continuation highschool to catch up on credits.

I'm going to become a senior next year, i'll be 18 on the 23rd this month and i'm 100% positive my dad is going to kick me out on that day. I've tried applying for jobs already, haven't gotten any replies yet. What am i going to do..

|ThyLuigi|
07-07-2015, 07:29 AM
Well to start off, my life is a huge mess.. my grades are really bad and i don't think i can graduate in time. I have 9 siblings and all 9 have graduated from highschool and i'm the only one left home with my parents other than my brother and his girlfriend to take care of my parents and it's an arguing day everyday with my parents and me. My dad already tried to kick me out of the house once already, i went to live with my sister for a couple days then came back. Just last year, my sophomore year my girlfriend died from a car accident and my grades went straight down from there, before i knew it a year has already past and i'm still crying over it. I played games and listened to music everyday. Now that i noticed it, i even changed my homepage from facebook to another game forums. My grades were never that good anyways though. The same year i stayed home a lot of days and when i did go to school my friends would tell me that i should tell my teachers about it so they can take it easy on my homework but i never did, now that it's too late i was sent to a continuation highschool to catch up on credits.

I'm going to become a senior next year, i'll be 18 on the 23rd this month and i'm 100% positive my dad is going to kick me out on that day. I've tried applying for jobs already, haven't gotten any replies yet. What am i going to do..

I'm going to tell you what your friends have said, talk to your teachers and/or counselor to talk about this, as well as your parents. Try taking a break from games and such to focus in life and do better in school.

Joshyeh
07-07-2015, 07:31 AM
Holy crap you hav a rally hard life huh... dude idk what u should do except try harder... Hopefully ur dad doesn't kick u out and I feel sad for ur gf. Thats a rally hard time to be going through with grades and stuff but theres nothing we can do except encourage you... Go find a job that you like!

PotatoMarco
07-07-2015, 07:32 AM
Go to the continuation high school thing, I dont really know what that means but if it can help you graduate, you need to do it. Also drop your games. Trust me, if you dont finish high school, your games wont help you. If you are still having trouble understanding stuff try to find some time to consult your teachers about the lessons so they can help you understand it.

Edwardson97
07-07-2015, 07:33 AM

Continue trying.
I as well becoming a senior this year. I've also had a loved one lost as well. My grandma, she meant the world to me. That happened at the start of my junior year. Yes I cried for a week strait, but I came to the conclusion that she wasn't comming back and all I could do is go forward, also sorry you lost. You've got to start pulling yourself back together, before its to late.

Also stop playing games for a while, it helped me a hole lot when I was failing all 8 classes o was in. That was the moment when i needed to change. So I'm sure you can do it to.

ZeroRarity
07-07-2015, 07:37 AM
Be positive. Be confident. I'm sure it's hard to live having losing somebody, but that's how life is. Life is come and go, and we should accept that. Bro, this time, don't just live for yourself, live for your girlfriend as well. Struggles are just part of the game, you will never lose if you never give up, opportunities will come.

PonyGarYelow
07-07-2015, 07:57 AM
Your education is way more important than any games or social media. Take a hiatus from the internet, and work on your studies. Spend this summer to catch up on things you think you may need to know next school year. As for jobs, browse the various job opportunities around you, and see what skills they require. Linkedin is a great site for job research. Then, spend the summer learning the various skills required for the job.

As for your emotional state, the loss of a loved one can be traumatizing. I've have so many close friends come and go, and so many things I regret I did, or didn't do before they left. You see, life goes by in the blink of an eye, and people are going to come and go. You have to handle that, and once you can do that, life will get better. I understand your mourning, but nothing good will come out of it. Try to pick yourself up, and change your mindset. At this stage, talking to a trusted adult or therapist can help dramatically. Set up some goals, and try to score with a positive attitude.

I'm sure your girlfriend is watching you from the skies. Like ZeroStratos said, don't just do it for yourself, but for your girlfriend too. Live a life that she could never live, and a life that she would want both you and her would live.

Also, for your dad, try to reason with him. Maybe try to find out what he likes to do, and try to bond with him a bit. If that does not work, start doing contracts with him. For example, let him stay in the house to study, and within a certain amount of time, if you get a job, you can stay, or something like that. Father and son bonding would be a better alternative though.

Elusive
07-07-2015, 07:58 AM
I'm going to tell you what your friends have said, talk to your teachers and/or counselor to talk about this, as well as your parents. Try taking a break from games and such to focus in life and do better in school.

It's really tough talking to my dad when i'm sure he doesn't want me in the house anymore.. Some people will say wait till the situation cools off but i'm pretty certain it won't.. especially when there's only 2 weeks left.

Holy crap you hav a rally hard life huh... dude idk what u should do except try harder... Hopefully ur dad doesn't kick u out and I feel sad for ur gf. Thats a rally hard time to be going through with grades and stuff but theres nothing we can do except encourage you... Go find a job that you like!

It's kind of hard to find a job i like when i don't even have a highschool diploma.

Go to the continuation high school thing, I dont really know what that means but if it can help you graduate, you need to do it. Also drop your games. Trust me, if you dont finish high school, your games wont help you. If you are still having trouble understanding stuff try to find some time to consult your teachers about the lessons so they can help you understand it.

I'm already going to the continuation school , it didn't help out. I just finished my 11th year and i still have 2 years and worth of classes to take. With hard work and dedication it's possible to graduate in time but i won't be graduating back at my old school.. I'll be graduating with kids that are behind in credits and kids that get in fights everyday. At this point i'm not even sure it's worth trying.

Continue trying.
I as well becoming a senior this year. I've also had a loved one lost as well. My grandma, she meant the world to me. That happened at the start of my junior year. Yes I cried for a week strait, but I came to the conclusion that she wasn't comming back and all I could do is go forward, also sorry you lost. You've got to start pulling yourself back together, before its to late.

Also stop playing games for a while, it helped me a hole lot when I was failing all 8 classes o was in. That was the moment when i needed to change. So I'm sure you can do it to.

I'm sorry for your lost too, it's so hard just to lose someone, i lost a church friend in my youth group not long ago too. But my girlfrend it felt like i could've prevented it.. This song explains everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB3fw8D3y_g&index=25&list=RDaOTa3CKZhbA

Be positive. Be confident. I'm sure it's hard to live having losing somebody, but that's how life is. Life is come and go, and we should accept that. Bro, this time, don't just live for yourself, live for your girlfriend as well. Struggles are just part of the game, you will never lose if you never give up, opportunities will come.

Yep, if only i knew that back then.

----
Also a note to those that know Tifa ...ugh where do i start.. i never told anyone that she past away. I kept the account so that i could be reminded of her. I played this game for her. I told everyone we broke up and that she quit and gave me this account because well she did. Then as time goes by, i knew it was really weird to be playing the as her.. and changed my name.

You guys can call me crazy or wierd idc.

VladmirTootn
07-07-2015, 08:02 AM
Bro that sounds real bad. Cant believe your dad is kicking you out of the house at 18

Elusive
07-07-2015, 08:02 AM
Stop using the internet/forums and go study, ask help from your classmates if u don't know.

School is already over for me, It's summer break right now. In the United States school years end on June.

Edwardson97
07-07-2015, 08:05 AM
You've got to let go of it though. It will be hard, but you've got this. I'm here with you.

- - - Updated - - -

School is already over for me, It's summer break right now. In the United States school years end on June.

Mine ends on early may. Cause we get 3-4 months of summer.

lukj2001
07-07-2015, 08:06 AM
Kill your emotions. Leave greed and patience. Those are the only two you need.

The best thing I can offer.

Aly
07-07-2015, 08:07 AM
9 SIBLINGS?! YOU HAVE oNE BIG FAMILY!

Elusive
07-07-2015, 08:13 AM
Bro that sounds real bad. Cant believe your dad is kicking you out of the house at 18

Yea and he already understands my situation yet he still doesn't care. It has nothing to do with my girlfriend either. She got along just fine with my family, my dad shouldn't have had nothing against her. I think the thing is that we're an Asian family and i am a disgrace for not graduating highschool, laugh or not, this is actually true or at least it could be.

- - - Updated - - -

Kill your emotions. Leave greed and patience. Those are the only two you need.

The best thing I can offer.

Are you talking about how i might be able to talk to my dad if i changed the environment we are in right now? Or how i can't get over my girlfriend?

- - - Updated - - -

9 SIBLINGS?! YOU HAVE oNE BIG FAMILY!

Yup i had that much support to help me graduate, one of my sister and his husband even told me that he would buy me a brand new car if i graduated highschool. This makes me cry so much even more. I can't even graduate highschool to make my brother-in-law proud of me, he wanted me to graduate maybe because his son looks up to me.

lukj2001
07-07-2015, 08:16 AM
Are you talking about how i might be able to talk to my dad if i changed the environment we are in right now? Or how i can't get over my girlfriend?

Both.

Killing emotions such as grief for your girlfriend

Being greedy for knowledge and a good life.

Patience to control greed.

You have to wake up man.

GIGeo
07-07-2015, 08:22 AM
Yea and he already understands my situation yet he still doesn't care. It has nothing to do with my girlfriend either. She got along just fine with my family, my dad shouldn't have had nothing against her. I think the thing is that we're an Asian family and i am a disgrace for not graduating highschool, laugh or not, this is actually true or at least it could be.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yup i had that much support to help me graduate, one of my sister and his husband even told me that he would buy me a brand new car if i graduated highschool. This makes me cry so much even more. I can't even graduate highschool to make my brother-in-law proud of me, he wanted me to graduate maybe because his son looks up to me.
That's your main thing going for you. If you drop out your a bad example. Talk to this nephew or whatever and explain what not to do like you did. Work on being the good example. Play games to a minimum just as a short escape.

Mark Chong
07-07-2015, 08:49 AM
become a prostitute..

Thought u were kidding doe its a little offensive even if its a joke
Went to ur profile to check ur posts,it was :poop:

Now GTFO

Elusive
07-09-2015, 10:16 PM
Watari .