PDA

View Full Version : Newbies guide on how to become a moderator!

SuperJ
07-17-2013, 05:16 PM
INTRO:
Hi there newbies, and welcome to my guide on how to become a moderator! This will help you out if you WANT to be one, so listen closely!

What is a moderator?:
A moderator is a responsible and respectful person who moderates the game for scammers, and bad people, but what do moderators do to the bad people? Well, mods have special powers and items that a normal Growtopian doesn’t have; here are some of the moderator’s powers,
Duct tape: The duct tape, an item that a moderator uses to tape people that were being a little bit bad so, this item can muffle your speech for a limited time, it’s possible for a normal Growtopian to have this item, but you need to give ALOT of stuff to get it!
Muting: The power of muting, this power is NOT an item, so a normal Growtopian cannot use it, so this power can MUTE a person for a limited time, so you won’t be able to speak, and that is NOT fun!
Cursing: You have to be pretty bad to get cursed! So what this power does is it can curse you to a special world the administrators made for BAD people, HELL, but the nasty part about this power is that you can’t escape the world for a limited time, so if you get muted AND cursed then you are NOT going to have a fun time!
Ban: Ok, you have to be like EXTREMELY bad to get banned from the game! This special power a moderator will use RARLY but in some cases when you were giving out people’s passwords for their account or hacking people’s accounts, then you will get BANNED from the game! And there is a limited time ban, but I have seen people get banned for three years, and that is a LONG time......
So a mod can do allot of things that normal people can’t do, like walk through blocks and other amazing things, so now that you know what a moderator is, let’s move on to how to BECOME one!
How to become a moderator:
Well it is REALLY hard to become one, but if you REALLY want to become one then listen closely! As I said in Chapter one to become a mod responsibility, respect, kindness, and trust is needed! But asking the administrators to BECOME a mod will actually LOWER your chances of becoming one! Why you may ask, well the administrators won’t just give you all that responsibility and trust like that, you have to earn all that stuff by showing them you are worthy! By, helping people out when they get scammed, acting responsible, kind, and help newbies out by teaching them what to do in this game! And hopefully the administrators will notice you and grant you with the powers of a mod! But if you act the OPPISITE of that you will just get banned or cursed instead......... So if you think being a moderator is just a walk in the park, then you are EXTREMLY incorrect! Being a mod is really hard and really frustrating sometimes! Because you have all these people messaging you saying, “Oh come to my world I want to have chat!” And that is really hard to handle, because you have more important things to do right? So now you know being a moderator is NOT easy!

How do you know who is a moderator?:
It is really easy to tell the difference, because most moderators have clear skin and they have an @ in front of their names, and their names are different colours then ours!
What are the current moderators?:
Growtopia has allot of responsible people, but these are the people who are the MOST responsible!
@LOKSTER
@Tony26
@meow
@Play
@Seil
@useruser3
@Solorien
@Redbone
@Jens
The administrators:
These are the creators of the game, @Hamumu and @seth, and they can do WAY more than a mod can, but let’s not get off topic!
CONCLUSION:
Well this was MY guide on how to become a moderator, so if you guys need ANY more info on how to become a moderator, just comment down here, and I will tell you the answers! Thanks for reading, and I hope my guide helped!:D

Morphieus
07-17-2013, 05:28 PM
INTRO:
Hi there newbies, and welcome to my guide on how to become a moderator! This will help you out if you WANT to be one, so listen closely!

What is a moderator?:
A moderator is a responsible and respectful person who moderates the game for scammers, and bad people, but what do moderators do to the bad people? Well, mods have special powers and items that a normal Growtopian doesnít have; here are some of the moderatorís powers,
Duct tape: The duct tape, an item that a moderator uses to tape people that were being a little bit bad so, this item can muffle your speech for a limited time, itís possible for a normal Growtopian to have this item, but you need to give ALOT of stuff to get it!
Muting: The power of muting, this power is NOT an item, so a normal Growtopian cannot use it, so this power can MUTE a person for a limited time, so you wonít be able to speak, and that is NOT fun!
Cursing: You have to be pretty bad to get cursed! So what this power does is it can curse you to a special world the administrators made for BAD people, HELL, but the nasty part about this power is that you canít escape the world for a limited time, so if you get muted AND cursed then you are NOT going to have a fun time!
Ban: Ok, you have to be like EXTREMELY bad to get banned from the game! This special power a moderator will use RARLY but in some cases when you were giving out peopleís passwords for their account or hacking peopleís accounts, then you will get BANNED from the game! And there is a limited time ban, but I have seen people get banned for three years, and that is a LONG time......
So a mod can do allot of things that normal people canít do, like walk through blocks and other amazing things, so now that you know what a moderator is, letís move on to how to BECOME one!
Well it is REALLY hard to become one, but if you REALLY want to become one then listen closely! As I said in Chapter one to become a mod responsibility, respect, kindness, and trust is needed! But asking the administrators to BECOME a mod will actually LOWER your chances of becoming one! Why you may ask, well the administrators wonít just give you all that responsibility and trust like that, you have to earn all that stuff by showing them you are worthy! By, helping people out when they get scammed, acting responsible, kind, and help newbies out by teaching them what to do in this game! And hopefully the administrators will notice you and grant you with the powers of a mod! But if you act the OPPISITE of that you will just get banned or cursed instead......... So if you think being a moderator is just a walk in the park, then you are EXTREMLY incorrect! Being a mod is really hard and really frustrating sometimes! Because you have all these people messaging you saying, ďOh come to my world I want to have chat!Ē And that is really hard to handle, because you have more important things to do right? So now you know being a moderator is NOT easy!

It is really easy to tell the difference, because most moderators have clear skin and they have an @ in front of their names, and their names are different colours then ours!
Growtopia has allot of responsible people, but these are the people who are the MOST responsible!
@LOKSTER
@Tony26
@meow
@Play
@Seil
@useruser3
@Solorien
@Redbone
@Jens
The administrators:
These are the creators of the game, @Hamumu and @seth, and they can do WAY more than a mod can, but letís not get off topic!
CONCLUSION:
Well this was MY guide on how to become a moderator, so if you guys need ANY more info on how to become a moderator, just comment down here, and I will tell you the answers! Thanks for reading, and I hope my guide helped!:D

Your not even a Moderator....

SuperJ
07-17-2013, 05:52 PM
Your not even a Moderator....
So, did I post I was? I just tried making my own guide:(

Morphieus
07-18-2013, 05:47 AM
So, did I post I was? I just tried making my own guide:(

Im just saying its better that you make a guide on something youve done before so people trust that you know what your talking about

mowgli
07-18-2013, 12:40 PM
It's nice of you to spread your knowledge :), but there's quite a bit of things you need to fix up on this guide.

First of all, you do not need to write introduction and conclusion, we know it is one. :) It's more professional and neat.

What is a moderator?:
A moderator is a responsible and respectful person who moderates the game for scammers, and bad people, but what do moderators do to the bad people?

"Bad people" isn't a good way to describe someone. It can also describe someone who is greedy, rude, selfish...ect. I recommend you use "rule breakers".

You're including unnecessary information about moderator powers, and personally it's sounding like all modship is about. Power over others. Your main idea is to focus on HOW to become a *GOOD moderator, not about what moderators own, how much their items cost and how you get punished by those. If you want to include it, briefly explain what it is, not how you can get punished about it.

You need evidence. Quotes are the best things to support your guide. Most of the information you described is quite inaccurate and/or not very clear.

*A good moderator is a good person, who doesn't fake their kindness to get their own gain. Here's a simple way to feel like a moderator (you can do the acts of a moderator without being one):

- Helping newbies
- Holding giveaways
- Helping others by answering questions, telling their mistakes, standing up for someone.
- Spreading awareness and how to prevent Growtopians from being scammed
- Being nice, kind, respectful
- Stopping scams
- Doing the right thing, following the rules.
- *Insert of bunch of other acts*

Remember, do it because you want to, not because you want modship. Don't hide who you are, because the truth will always come out.

Most of all a (good) person or more specifically a moderator<<-->>"they don't look for credits, and always keep their good deeds/gentle actions quiet....":prophet: (Thats my opinion....:sweatdrop:)

I-Am-Legend
07-18-2013, 02:11 PM
INTRO:

What is a moderator?:
A moderator is a responsible and respectful person who moderates the game for scammers, and bad people, but what do moderators do to the bad people? Well, mods have special powers and items that a normal Growtopian doesn’t have; here are some of the moderator’s powers,
Duct tape: The duct tape, an item that a moderator uses to tape people that were being a little bit bad so, this item can muffle your speech for a limited time, it’s possible for a normal Growtopian to have this item, but you need to give ALOT of stuff to get it!
Muting: The power of muting, this power is NOT an item, so a normal Growtopian cannot use it, so this power can MUTE a person for a limited time, so you won’t be able to speak, and that is NOT fun!
Cursing: You have to be pretty bad to get cursed! So what this power does is it can curse you to a special world the administrators made for BAD people, HELL, but the nasty part about this power is that you can’t escape the world for a limited time, so if you get muted AND cursed then you are NOT going to have a fun time!
Ban: Ok, you have to be like EXTREMELY bad to get banned from the game! This special power a moderator will use RARLY but in some cases when you were giving out people’s passwords for their account or hacking people’s accounts, then you will get BANNED from the game! And there is a limited time ban, but I have seen people get banned for three years, and that is a LONG time......
So a mod can do allot of things that normal people can’t do, like walk through blocks and other amazing things, so now that you know what a moderator is, let’s move on to how to BECOME one!
Well it is REALLY hard to become one, but if you REALLY want to become one then listen closely! As I said in Chapter one to become a mod responsibility, respect, kindness, and trust is needed! But asking the administrators to BECOME a mod will actually LOWER your chances of becoming one! Why you may ask, well the administrators won’t just give you all that responsibility and trust like that, you have to earn all that stuff by showing them you are worthy! By, helping people out when they get scammed, acting responsible, kind, and help newbies out by teaching them what to do in this game! And hopefully the administrators will notice you and grant you with the powers of a mod! But if you act the OPPISITE of that you will just get banned or cursed instead......... So if you think being a moderator is just a walk in the park, then you are EXTREMLY incorrect! Being a mod is really hard and really frustrating sometimes! Because you have all these people messaging you saying, “Oh come to my world I want to have chat!” And that is really hard to handle, because you have more important things to do right? So now you know being a moderator is NOT easy!

@LOKSTER
@Tony26
@meow
@Play
@Seil
@useruser3
@Solorien
@Redbone
@Jens
The administrators:
These are the creators of the game, @Hamumu and @seth, and they can do WAY more than a mod can, but let’s not get off topic!
CONCLUSION:
There are plenty of other moderators you didn't mention. There are also moderators on Tanked.

SuperJ
07-18-2013, 02:16 PM
There are plenty of other moderators you didn't mention. There are also moderators on Tanked.
I am talking about the moderators on GROWTOPIA

NinjaPRO
07-18-2013, 10:42 PM
This belongs in the Growtopia General Chat.

Popokpoke
07-19-2013, 10:16 AM
INTRO:

What is a moderator?:
A moderator is a responsible and respectful person who moderates the game for scammers, and bad people, but what do moderators do to the bad people? Well, mods have special powers and items that a normal Growtopian doesnít have; here are some of the moderatorís powers,
Duct tape: The duct tape, an item that a moderator uses to tape people that were being a little bit bad so, this item can muffle your speech for a limited time, itís possible for a normal Growtopian to have this item, but you need to give ALOT of stuff to get it!
Muting: The power of muting, this power is NOT an item, so a normal Growtopian cannot use it, so this power can MUTE a person for a limited time, so you wonít be able to speak, and that is NOT fun!
Cursing: You have to be pretty bad to get cursed! So what this power does is it can curse you to a special world the administrators made for BAD people, HELL, but the nasty part about this power is that you canít escape the world for a limited time, so if you get muted AND cursed then you are NOT going to have a fun time!
Ban: Ok, you have to be like EXTREMELY bad to get banned from the game! This special power a moderator will use RARLY but in some cases when you were giving out peopleís passwords for their account or hacking peopleís accounts, then you will get BANNED from the game! And there is a limited time ban, but I have seen people get banned for three years, and that is a LONG time......
So a mod can do allot of things that normal people canít do, like walk through blocks and other amazing things, so now that you know what a moderator is, letís move on to how to BECOME one!
Well it is REALLY hard to become one, but if you REALLY want to become one then listen closely! As I said in Chapter one to become a mod responsibility, respect, kindness, and trust is needed! But asking the administrators to BECOME a mod will actually LOWER your chances of becoming one! Why you may ask, well the administrators wonít just give you all that responsibility and trust like that, you have to earn all that stuff by showing them you are worthy! By, helping people out when they get scammed, acting responsible, kind, and help newbies out by teaching them what to do in this game! And hopefully the administrators will notice you and grant you with the powers of a mod! But if you act the OPPISITE of that you will just get banned or cursed instead......... So if you think being a moderator is just a walk in the park, then you are EXTREMLY incorrect! Being a mod is really hard and really frustrating sometimes! Because you have all these people messaging you saying, ďOh come to my world I want to have chat!Ē And that is really hard to handle, because you have more important things to do right? So now you know being a moderator is NOT easy!

@LOKSTER
@Tony26
@meow
@Play
@Seil
@useruser3
@Solorien
@Redbone
@Jens
The administrators:
These are the creators of the game, @Hamumu and @seth, and they can do WAY more than a mod can, but letís not get off topic!
CONCLUSION:

COOL BUT SHOULDNT THIS GOTO THE GROWTOPIAN THINGS?
P.S YOU FORGOT JUNIOR AND GOD IF YOU ARE DOING IT TO THE TANKED PEOPLE AND GT...

Wolfz
07-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Your not even a Moderator.... Morphieus he didn't say he was a moderator and don't be mean like that he's trying to help! I therefor think he's a great guy helping out newbies creating a guide for them! I don't see Morphieus doing that which is quite funny because Morphieus thinks he's the boss and the tuff guy so he can go along and say you're not a moderator so you can't do this! He's helping people! Leave him alone Morphieus ok!

Morphieus
07-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Morphieus he didn't say he was a moderator and don't be mean like that he's trying to help! I therefor think he's a great guy helping out newbies creating a guide for them! I don't see Morphieus doing that which is quite funny because Morphieus thinks he's the boss and the tuff guy so he can go along and say you're not a moderator so you can't do this! He's helping people! Leave him alone Morphieus ok!

I was not trying to be mean at all you thiink that just because I only put that I was being short and rude with him, I was just in a hurry. But honestly in my opinion its a very bad idea to make a guide on anything that you have not done your self I mean honestly just say that to yourself for a minute. Someone has never done something but they make a guide on how to do it? You wont even know all about what your talking about

mowgli
07-26-2013, 01:34 PM
I was not trying to be mean at all you thiink that just because I only put that I was being short and rude with him, I was just in a hurry. But honestly in my opinion its a very bad idea to make a guide on anything that you have not done your self I mean honestly just say that to yourself for a minute. Someone has never done something but they make a guide on how to do it? You wont even know all about what your talking about

morphieus got a very good point, he thinks out of the box:excl:
The problem is you can't know how he meant it, because these are only words. And we already have plenty of mods guide some even made by the mods themself! Just a matter of 'click and search";)