PDA

View Full Version : Teach me IT senpai

ASAD
07-10-2015, 11:45 PM
Could anyone give me links and websites to learn about IT like information about ips servers etc to know more about them. I want to learn more.
And what is a packet loss?
And could anyone explain in brief what a programming language is? Whats the easiest one?

Conan pls.

GIGeo
07-10-2015, 11:51 PM
Could anyone give me links and websites to learn about IT like information about ips servers etc to know more about them. I want to learn more.
And what is a packet loss?
And could anyone explain in brief what a programming language is? Whats the easiest one?

Conan pls.

I don't test my code...But when I do I DO IT IN PRODUCTION.

:p conan

Conan
07-10-2015, 11:54 PM
Google is your friend.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't test my code...But when I do I DO IT IN PRODUCTION.

:p conan

I have a second server for testing scripts and server configs

s1.1conan.com
s2.1conan.com

a simple DNS query would reveal the DNS name and ips of my servers lol

PonyGarYelow
07-10-2015, 11:55 PM
I couldn't find anything on the internet about learning IT, but I can answer the next 2 questions.

A packet is basically a package of data that is sent from one network to the other. Packet loss occurs when one or more packets traveling to their destination don't reach it. It's usually caused by network congestion. Network congestion occurs when the packets arrive at the network faster than the network can send the packets. It's like in Growtopia, when you accidentally open a house entrance, and a bunch of people run through. You aren't fast enough to kick them all, since they will just run and go through the house entrance again. If you close the house entrance, that takes time, and the growtopians can then run to your item. So, you ban the growtopians 1 by 1. The same goes for packets, if too many arrive, and the network is not fast enough to send them, then they have to drop packets. That results in packet loss.

A programming language is a formal language used to communicate instructions to a machine. That's all there is to it. The easiest programming languages are Perl, Ruby, Python, Powershell according to the internet. However, if that's a bit too complicated, you can always use this (https://scratch.mit.edu/).

Google is your friend...next time, just google it. You can find all this information there.

Conan
07-11-2015, 12:00 AM
I couldn't find anything on the internet about learning IT, but I can answer the next 2 questions.

A packet is basically a package of data that is sent from one network to the other. Packet loss occurs when one or more packets traveling to their destination don't reach it. It's usually caused by network congestion. Network congestion occurs when the packets arrive at the network faster than the network can send the packets. It's like in Growtopia, when you accidentally open a house entrance, and a bunch of people run through. You aren't fast enough to kick them all, since they will just run and go through the house entrance again. If you close the house entrance, that takes time, and the growtopians can then run to your item. So, you ban the growtopians 1 by 1. The same goes for packets, if too many arrive, and the network is not fast enough to send them, then they have to drop packets. That results in packet loss.

A programming language is a formal language used to communicate instructions to a machine. That's all there is to it. The easiest programming languages are Perl, Ruby, Python, Powershell according to the internet. However, if that's a bit too complicated, you can always use this (https://scratch.mit.edu/).

Google is your friend...next time, just google it. You can find all this information there.

A packet is like a mail lol imagine it as a mail and you would understand it quickly
packet loss isnt just by network congestion. its also by the latency. Also by the route the packets go thru, some may get lost on its way.

Easiest is actually python.
Programming is a language understandable by humans that will be converted to bytecode that is understandable by computers

Boomer
07-11-2015, 12:01 AM
You should ask my dad; he used to do that stuff.

ASAD
07-11-2015, 12:11 AM
*googles python*

Ty skrebs jk thanks everyone

Eh 1 more question whats the different between easy Program languages than hard ones?