07-12-2015, 01:37 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-distance_relationship

MyLegGuy
07-12-2015, 02:01 PM
Why do people date in game when you live in other contries

I find it a bit stupid

But hey that is just my opinion

:hat:

Because they're all eight year olds. Go on Growtopia, go to lovedating, and wait for people to say their ages. Usually 7-10.

Tempting
07-12-2015, 04:26 PM
I think legitimate online dating for adults is fine if you live fairly close. If you're 12 year olds pretending to date on an MMO, then it's pointless..

DeathSkull
07-12-2015, 05:03 PM
I date and I am 17....Hah GOT EMMMMMMMM

Pfft its pointless.....

Spork
07-12-2015, 05:04 PM
Just kids having fun, or adults who have no game in real life, pity them my friend.

Freckle
07-13-2015, 04:13 AM
I think legitimate online dating for adults is fine if you live fairly close. If you're 12 year olds pretending to date on an MMO, then it's pointless..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aquarious
07-13-2015, 04:23 AM
Eh, most people just do it for roleplaying/fun.

Matthewswag
07-13-2015, 04:27 AM

I find it a bit stupid

Lmao tru:poop:

PannyFlan
07-13-2015, 05:54 AM
I actually tried dating online on a virtual kid game.
Apparently, it NEVER real love, and they chest right away.
I caught him right handed the second he said '' I gtg '', and pretend to log off, and go to another sever.
I stalked him and caught him cheating :ninja:

Chelia
07-13-2015, 06:15 AM
No not really the age range has gone up and on the growtopia app it says 13+

abram123
07-13-2015, 06:26 AM
I date and I am 17....Hah GOT EMMMMMMMM

Pfft its pointless.....

Did you really have to do that? :scratch::poop:

Pyroworld
07-13-2015, 06:28 AM
Did you really have to do that? :scratch::poop:

I stalk abram on Instagram haha. I think u got mad because u date a girl on ig, right?

PS sorry if u didn't want anyone to know

PotatoMarco
07-13-2015, 06:29 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-distance_relationship

MY thoughts exactly

Also, random story in growtopia. I was being friends with this girl with pigtails and a lovely pink dress. Then she invited me to the side of the world without much people, and then she removed the Lovely Pink Dress and said “I put my boob on your head ” and like what.

Chelia
07-13-2015, 06:31 AM
LOLAGE,WHO WAS SHE??

Freckle
07-13-2015, 07:28 AM
MY thoughts exactly

Also, random story in growtopia. I was being friends with this girl with pigtails and a lovely pink dress. Then she invited me to the side of the world without much people, and then she removed the Lovely Pink Dress and said “I put my boob on your head ” and like what.

Hahahaha lol wot

atwistoffate
07-13-2015, 07:38 AM
I found my true love in Growtopia

#Dontgiveup

#Followyourdreams

#Firstlove

#Loveatfirstsight

abram123
07-13-2015, 10:43 PM
I stalk abram on Instagram haha. I think u got mad because u date a girl on ig, right?

PS sorry if u didn't want anyone to know

It's not om IG. It's irl lol.

GingerSoup
07-13-2015, 10:46 PM
Kk, dating... but ADOPTING... -.- Seriously?????????????????

GingerSoup
07-16-2015, 04:16 PM
One story about dating... My 2 friends in game, who didn't meed in some dating world, but they started chating in facebook and even met irl, they live in same country, now they are dating IRL...

Pikasack
07-16-2015, 04:22 PM
As long as it's kept in dating worlds, i think it's all under control.

Hercule
07-16-2015, 04:35 PM

I find it a bit stupid

I think it's just a waste of time, usually when youngs dates in games, the relation ship can never be honest, and this dating here shouldn't happen at all as It leads to a bad behavior sometimes, we're meant to have fun ingame and unleash our creations without thousand of people around the world, finding friends from other cultures is way better than dating as it learns you more things about the world.

BoredSozes
07-16-2015, 04:38 PM
It's possible if you both are serious about it.... but on a kids game its unlikely. Maybe on an older site. Im very sure that a lot of couples and marriages started off online. It is the internet age and a globalised world now.

http://news.uchicago.edu/article/2013/06/03/meeting-online-leads-happier-more-enduring-marriages

According to this article (university of Chicago):

More than a third of marriages between 2005 and 2012 began online, according to new research at the University of Chicago, which also found that online couples have happier, longer marriages.

Meeting online has become an increasingly common way to find a partner, with opportunities arising through social networks, exchanges of email, instant messages, multi-player games and virtual worlds, in which people "live" on the site through avatars. The research shows that couples who met online were more likely to have higher marital satisfaction and lower rates of marital breakups than relationships that began in face-to-face meetings.

Site does not say the reasons why, but i think that its because online communication is done via written words. IRL the first thing you see is the physical attractiveness, before you delve into the emotional aspects & personality of the person. Online it's the opposite! You get to get a sense of the person's personality before the physical looks and social traits.