PDA

View Full Version : Help in PC!

Festivity
07-13-2015, 10:27 AM
Guys! Yesterday, I have gotten weird stuff in my PC, it randomly freezes, and then turns off, and it also repeats a certain sound. Like: ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. Well, I don't know, but I think my GPU is failing, can't open it cause my dad won't, duh. And I'm pretty bad at opening stuff. I highly think it's my RAM though, cause it's when I play a memory-intensive game, it does that. CONAN HELP ME, I'M JUST A POOR LITTLE GUY WHO DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT COMPUTERS

Conan
07-13-2015, 10:29 AM
Overheat? lol

Wuts ur computer model/make and brand and wuts ur bios? ALso record it. those beeps are diagnostic errors.

Festivity
07-13-2015, 10:48 AM
Overheat? lol

Wuts ur computer model/make and brand and wuts ur bios? ALso record it. those beeps are diagnostic errors.

i don't think so, lemme check mah bios, too lazy :crazy:

Festivity
07-13-2015, 11:11 AM
Most computers beep when overheating. What is your CPU? (Not your computer but stuff like Pentium 4, Cretin, i5 etc)

I recently encountered failing RAM, there will be random BSODs if that happens. And random computer lockups too. Checking RAM on an older laptop is easy with the screwdriver. There will be an openable cover. Push open the two sides holding the RAM and remove all but one. Burn Hiren's boot CD and run memtest86+. By the way, how old is your computer? I notice laptop hard drives fail past 6 years of usage but desktops have never failed on me even past 12 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Does it come to a black screen with text like "Press F1 to continue"?

Nope it doesn't come, and BEST OF ALL, IT'S A ONE YEAR OLD BABY, HOW COULD HE DIE? He's mah baby ;-;

BlaZinG
07-13-2015, 11:46 AM
Buy a new computer.

Done.

Festivity
07-13-2015, 11:48 AM
My first suggestion is to make sure everything is seated correctly in your machine

Push all the cards into the slots and make sure they are in there nice and snug
do the same with the memory and do this with all the cables

Over time you can get chip creep the heat from the pc will slowly push out the components causing problems.

If this does not help i would unplug your hdd's and just leave the ssd plugged in and see what your pc does and if it crashes or hangs

We have to isolate the problem if your pc does well with just the solid state then go ahead and plug in one of your hdd's and see what happens

Then i would swap out that hdd with your second hdd and see how that works

If everything works fine up to that point connect everything back up and test the whole machine again maybe your having some problems with the read/ write 3gbs/6gbs between ur hdd's which may make them hate each other lol

Let me know how things go

DUDE, I CANT OPEN MY CPU, oh, and TL;DR version please? :crazy:

- - - Updated - - -

Buy a new computer.

Done.

Meh, I won't, ;-;
I like my PC, with all the 8 gb ram and stuff, well, the GPU is Geforce 210, which is a bad butt graphics card

Conan
07-13-2015, 11:51 AM
Did you get any BSOD?
If yes what was the error and stack trace? (like 0x0000000)

I also think that its overheating. Does it still bootup? if not whre does it stop booting? or is just black and clicking power doesnt turn it on

XDCorez
07-13-2015, 12:28 PM
DUDE, I CANT OPEN MY CPU, oh, and TL;DR version please? :crazy:

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, I won't, ;-;
I like my PC, with all the 8 gb ram and stuff, well, the GPU is Geforce 210, which is a bad butt graphics card

Omg lullll i need dat 8gb ram to plaey minecraft pc at smooth fps.

P.s my ram is 3 gb. Yus, minecraft lags. Criii

Festivity
07-13-2015, 12:38 PM
Did you get any BSOD?
If yes what was the error and stack trace? (like 0x0000000)

I also think that its overheating. Does it still bootup? if not whre does it stop booting? or is just black and clicking power doesnt turn it on

It doesn't get a BSoD, it still boots up, can play games fine, but if I play a FPS game, oh no.

XDCorez
07-13-2015, 12:39 PM
It doesn't get a BSoD, it still boots up, can play games fine, but if I play a FPS game, oh no.

Like CSGO, TF2?
Try performing checks at your hard drives.

ASAD
07-13-2015, 02:28 PM
Email support duh.

But srsly go to a computer doctor or a computer repair shop.

XDCorez
07-13-2015, 02:29 PM
Eamil support duh.

Lolwut:crazy:

GIGeo
07-13-2015, 02:31 PM
It is likely overheating. My compute was an ancienct xp that beeped. But the ttttttttttttttttt sound probably means its done for.

My computer made a tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt (carried away)ttttttttttttttttttttt sound and now it rests in a pile of junk in the garage. It wouldn't turn on it was just dead:)

XDCorez
07-13-2015, 02:33 PM
It is likely overheating. My compute was an ancienct xp that beeped. But the ttttttttttttttttt sound probably means its done for.

My computer made a tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt (carried away)ttttttttttttttttttttt sound and now it rests in a pile of junk in the garage. It wouldn't turn on it was just dead:)
RIP GIGeo's pc ????-2015

GIGeo
07-13-2015, 03:00 PM
RIP GIGeo's pc ????-2015

1098 B.C.

(xp) /fp

peck
07-13-2015, 11:19 PM
Omg lullll i need dat 8gb ram to plaey minecraft pc at smooth fps.

P.s my ram is 3 gb. Yus, minecraft lags. Criii

You need 2 gigs to play minecrap and RAM doesn't have anything to do with sp
nahh forget it.

Guys! Yesterday, I have gotten weird stuff in my PC, it randomly freezes, and then turns off, and it also repeats a certain sound. Like: ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. Well, I don't know, but I think my GPU is failing, can't open it cause my dad won't, duh. And I'm pretty bad at opening stuff. I highly think it's my RAM though, cause it's when I play a memory-intensive game, it does that. CONAN HELP ME, I'M JUST A POOR LITTLE GUY WHO DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT COMPUTERS
If it makes a loud noise it usually has to be moving. It's your hard drive or any sort of fan you have in there. What sort of memory intensive game do you play that uses up more than 6 gigs of ram and is playable with a 210? Do you render movies as a game?

I don't think you're going to get a solution unless you skype someone or something because it sounds like you have a couple more problems that can be fixed with a slow Q&A session.

Also post a real diagnostic log. My recommendation is speccy (https://www.piriform.com/speccy)

Conan
07-13-2015, 11:34 PM
It happened when I put my arm on my keyboard on a Pentium 4 1.7 ghz box.

That happens during bootup since keyboard input delays the bootup process.

My laptop had a stuck key and becomes noisy when i start it before. (Fixed it though)

- - - Updated - - -

If it makes a loud noise it usually has to be moving. It's your hard drive or any sort of fan you have in there.

I don't think you're going to get a solution unless you skype someone or something because it sounds like you have a couple more problems that can be fixed with a slow Q&A session.

I think its the beeps he is talking about
But yeah. Record the sounds and let him post it.

festivity, clean the insides of you computer. Better do a total clean like I did with my pcs last year

craft3d
07-13-2015, 11:38 PM
If it is a desktop and there is a fan on the CPU, remove it and check if there is thin silver lining on the CPU. That is thermal paste, and it helps keep your fan transfer heat from the CPU. If there is none, apply some.

If it is a laptop....well I don't know about that.

Also, can you give us exact specifications of RAM, CPU, and Motherboard, if you can.