PDA

View Full Version : Advice for School Interview

KKcupcake
07-16-2015, 12:33 PM
okay, i have an interview for this IP secondary school, and i seriously need to get in, on monday.
i can't botch this interview, because its like impossible to get over 251, and my sa1 only got 251 when i calculated using the standard deviations.
if you want to ask my why not o-levels its because in IP you get a direct track to jc, and scgs o-levels is my second choice because cut off is 220.
any tips for the interview?
gnsksksksk help!
((it would also help greatly if you have been interviewed for scgs ip))

**this sounds so personal but i really need to pass this well.

Muscleman
07-16-2015, 12:50 PM
okay, i have an interview for this IP secondary school, and i seriously need to get in, on monday.
i can't botch this interview, because its like impossible to get over 251, and my sa1 only got 251 when i calculated using the standard deviations.
if you want to ask my why not o-levels its because in IP you get a direct track to jc, and scgs o-levels is my second choice because cut off is 220.
gnsksksksk help!

Speak confidently. That's the NUMBER ONE RULE for interviews.

^^Comes from personal experience.

ezereal
07-16-2015, 12:51 PM
gnsksksksk help!

Ip secondary? What school ( I sg)

Johncracker
07-16-2015, 12:59 PM
I'm in IP, so I don't really know what they will ask you. But I can roughly guess what you need to do and what they would ask.

Tips during the interview:
1. Stay calm at all times. Try not be nervous or panicky at any time.
2. Keep your mind clear during the interview. When you start thinking about things like "Am I doing well? What should I say?", that's when you -----------start to get nervous. Just relax.
3. Treat the interview like a casual discussion, just remember to keep your replies formal.
4. Always try to elaborate on what you are saying, do not give only a one sentence answer. Also, try to make your points logical and sensible.

Questions they might would ask:
1. Why do you want to join the IP Program?
2. What are your goals?
3. If you get into IP, what would you do?

I suggest that you do research on the IP Program in Singapore before going for the interview. As the questions they ask will always be related to the IP Program. Having knowledge about the IP Program will help you in answering the questions with ease before the interview.

Also, always remember that they are looking for Good Speakers and Sensible Scholars. Good Luck! :yeah::yeah::yeah:

KKcupcake
07-16-2015, 01:53 PM
I'm in IP, so I don't really know what they will ask you. But I can roughly guess what you need to do and what they would ask.

Tips during the interview:
1. Stay calm at all times. Try not be nervous or panicky at any time.
2. Keep your mind clear during the interview. When you start thinking about things like "Am I doing well? What should I say?", that's when you -----------start to get nervous. Just relax.
3. Treat the interview like a casual discussion, just remember to keep your replies formal.
4. Always try to elaborate on what you are saying, do not give only a one sentence answer. Also, try to make your points logical and sensible.

Questions they might would ask:
1. Why do you want to join the IP Program?
2. What are your goals?
3. If you get into IP, what would you do?

I suggest that you do research on the IP Program in Singapore before going for the interview. As the questions they ask will always be related to the IP Program. Having knowledge about the IP Program will help you in answering the questions with ease before the interview.

Also, always remember that they are looking for Good Speakers and Sensible Scholars. Good Luck! :yeah::yeah::yeah:
oh wow thank you so much! yes, i have done some research! i am sure this would help me a lot!

- - - Updated - - -

Ip secondary? What school ( I sg)

SCGS. (10chars)

BoredSozes
07-16-2015, 02:37 PM
gnsksksksk help!

1. I would say confidence in these types of interviews. The questions at this level are usually really predictable e.g why do you want to do IP, why SCGS, what are your talents. It would help if you are in a strong cca, like you're very good at music, or very good at sports then you would have something to say. Also, think of what are your favorite subjects and why.

Though im not an interview expert (i have failed most of my own lol), i would say that you should at least have a vague idea of what you want to say if they ask you general questions. Do not overprepare, or you might get thrown off-guard if they ask you creative questions.

2. Reconsider IP, i know it sounds good - top school, prestigious program, no o-levels. But as a former O'level student who have had many IP friends, i would tell you to reconsider because the O'level experience will develop you academically. At the end of it all, you will sit for the A'level exam and 6 years of not having a major exam can take its toll... You sit for the PSLE at 12 years old...and you only take the next major exam( A levels) at 18years old. That's a huge difference. O'level students are already used to exam rigor because they took the O'levels at 16 years old. The age gap is literally from a child, to a young adult.

3. Good luck and have faith okay :) Personally i have failed many interviews, but every one of them has been a learning experience and i dont regret trying. Be yourself

craft3d
07-16-2015, 03:22 PM
gnsksksksk help!

Just tell them the truth. Don't lie, keep it real, and don't stretch the truth.

Tell them your strengths and weaknesses. No need to lie.

KKcupcake
07-17-2015, 05:57 AM
bump+thanks for replies!
i have been to the talk about IP and have a few friends in it because i am in the primary division of scgs, it sounds very enriching to me.

BoredSozes
07-17-2015, 06:41 AM
bump+thanks for replies!
i have been to the talk about IP and have a few friends in it because i am in the primary division of scgs, it sounds very enriching to me.

It is enriching...but keep in mind that you should consistently study hard, or you will lose the exam feel.

Hans
07-17-2015, 06:44 AM
Nvm my reply ud sound like a nub

BlaZinG
07-17-2015, 06:48 AM
If they ask you questions like "do you do drugs?" and you really do, say no.

That's just an example.

ianCSzz
07-17-2015, 06:51 AM
Speak confidently and when the interview is finished, ask : Is there any reason you don't accept me?

If the interviewer says anything, then explain why you should be accepted, based off the reason the interviewer said.

iHateThis
07-17-2015, 06:53 AM
Always use a firm handshake. ALWAYS.

GTDanielD
1. Speaking Confidently- of course, this is very important. Speaking confidently shows your interviewer that you do NOT lack of self-confidence, and is truly worthy of receiving a high grade. Trust me, in a criteria, confidence mostly range from 30-55%. And by showing your confident, they might give you a high percentage in that part of the criteria!

2. Communication- the second most important thing that you SHOULD have during an interview. Communication. You can show that you are communicating with them by looking at them straight in the eye, and absolutely NOT looking anywhere else. Though, I'm not really sure if this is a part of your criteria, because the ones I teach has it. In a criteria, this usually range from 20-50%

3. Proper Attire- Obviously, you'll need to wear something very formal during your interview. Some people think that it only consist of a small portion for YOUR grade, but honestly, it really is. BUT, this is also the hardest part to perfect. Before I start an interview, I look at the student I'll be interviewing from head to toe. Smell them from far away with their perfume, and one bad smell/one mistake in their clothes, like stains or messy parts, I automatically give them 7-5% if the average range from 10-15%.

VladmirTootn
You know what to do ;)

GTDanielD
07-17-2015, 06:56 AM
You know what to do ;)

With that big fat butt! Wiggle wiggle wiggle!

BlaZinG
07-17-2015, 06:57 AM
With that big fat butt! Wiggle wiggle wiggle!

Ooh you touch my tralala

Mmm my ding ding dong

L3thalHunter
07-17-2015, 07:20 AM
Speak properly, use deep words as much as possible, smile and laugh once in a while makes you less tense ktnxbai