PDA

View Full Version : Types of Forum Signatures

BioTestificate
07-17-2015, 08:43 AM
Bored, and noticed that sometimes, the content of your sig is loosely dependent on rank...

0. IDK How to Signature
This isn't really a type of signature, but I included it anyway. New people who doesn't know how to set-up a signature, but tries to imitate other people who has signatures by manually placing them at the end of their posts. Most people learns how to make a signature after a short amount of time (thanks to concerned forumers), but some just won't listen and keep doing this until they prematurely quit.
Commonly used by: forum noobs

1. The Growtopian Profile
These signatures are one of the common types: they give info about themselves (sometimes with their goals included), decent, and can be mix and matched with any signature types.
Commonly used by: most people of different personalities, origins, and ages

2. The "Helper" (not to be confused with The Helper, which is much better than this)
Sometimes referred to as "mini-mod signature", these signatures are filled with stuff most people already know ("d0rp gaemz r skem", "stey awey form d0rp gaemz"), links to their own/others' guides (the former is sometimes poorly made/copy-pasted from the wiki/an existing guide), and, adds "be a mod" in their goals.
Commonly used by: relatively new people who wanted to be a mod; mini-mods

3. A Picture
A simple picture. Can be a gif or a JPEG, small or big, a screenshot of their character or a relatively random image, this is used by most normal forumers -- socialize, ask questions, get included in morbid fanfics, or just make threads fun to read -- and is quite neat; they may get boring to scroll afterwards though...
Commonly used by: average forumers, some other people I don't know what to name ;-;

4. Hyperlinked Signatures
Leads you in their profile, damn counters, dragon eggs, or random, they are only noticed by the most curious people, or just someone who has time to check them out. Can be in a form of blue text, damn boxes, Steam profiles, or combination of these.
Commonly used by: anyone who follows bandwagons, has other games they play and wanna share to others, good guide-makers, people who also socializes in other sites, and trolls

5. BEST QUOTE EVAH GOTTA GO IN MY SIG
These signatures are by people who are fascinated by posts that are inspirational, cringe-worthy, or has a point. Some even fake mod quotes to praise themselves, or just make them look silly.
Commonly used by: people who are emotionally get carried away, people who lives dangerously, some others ;-;

6. No.
They hate fancy. Specifically, they hate everyone. Their signature are ONLY composed of some words, several lines of deep words that you can't understand their point, or ironic statements ("i have no signature"). They are often pessimistic.
Commonly used by: pessimists, people who keep telling "the end is neaaaaar", people who already quit

7. OMG FAMOUS
Just like hyperlinked signatures, except that the links usually bring you to their Twitter, IG, YouTube (+ their latest video), and/or other social networking sites. Some aren't really that famous though, but hey, he owns a Twitter account; I must follow him!
Commonly used by: [I don't know how to put these into words... ;-;] famous people, yeah...

---more to be added---

Meanwhile, why not suggest some more types of signatures and point out some mistakes? I'm pretty sure there are lots of undeveloped areas...

Gusto
07-17-2015, 08:49 AM
Truuuuuuuuu

Cocomonkey
07-17-2015, 08:51 AM
The accuracy of the last one though.

Cocomonkey
07-17-2015, 08:53 AM
What about me?

I guess im all hyperlinked :cool:

ianCSzz
07-17-2015, 08:53 AM
Hans is the 6th. :rolleyes:

I wonder where I fall in.

ianCSzz
07-17-2015, 08:56 AM
Suggestion :
7. No signature
Usually people who just joined the forums.
8. YouTuber
People who showcases their latest YouTube video, and sometimes a link to their channel.

BioTestificate
07-17-2015, 10:07 AM
Suggestion :
7. No signature
Usually people who just joined the forums.
8. YouTuber
People who showcases their latest YouTube video, and sometimes a link to their channel.

kk 'll add that...

Myrred
07-17-2015, 10:12 AM
How about the Undecided.
-Changes every dang day

Or the "Ironically Cool one"
-Gifs or pictures of guns, gangsters or anything metal

GummiBear64
07-17-2015, 10:12 AM
what bout me

Jaime12
07-17-2015, 10:15 AM
I guess I'm the third...

LittleSirP
07-17-2015, 10:17 AM
I'm the opposite of 6

PURPLE585
07-17-2015, 10:22 AM
THE END ISSSSSS NEEEEAR

RudyBan
07-17-2015, 10:42 AM
I'm not much of a pessimist, though?

Regardless, "No." is pretty much all me.

PolarisHD
07-17-2015, 10:59 AM
I guess I'm #3 and #4.

How can you forget those people with "Need help in Growtopia? PM me or email the Growtopia support!" in their signature.

Hans
07-17-2015, 11:05 AM
WHERE AM I DERRRRR

PLSSSSSSSSSS

- - - Updated - - -

Oh im 5 and 6

- - - Updated - - -

Hans is the 6th. :rolleyes:

I wonder where I fall in.

U guessed right kid

Want a cookie?

MySuperCookie
07-17-2015, 11:39 AM
I dont find my signature there

L3thalHunter
07-17-2015, 11:56 AM
I'm NUMBER 5

BioTestificate
07-17-2015, 12:01 PM
I'm not much of a pessimist, though?

Regardless, "No." is pretty much all me.
Yeah, might.remove that bit of info if I find it false.

I guess I'm #3 and #4.

How can you forget those people with "Need help in Growtopia? PM me or email the Growtopia support!" in their signature.
Will add later, I'm kinda having a hard time fixing things here...

I dont find my signature there

1 and.3, hehehe...

MySuperCookie
07-17-2015, 12:05 PM
Yeah, might.remove that bit of info if I find it false.

Will add later, I'm kinda having a hard time fixing things here...

1 and.3, hehehe...

I dun have only a pic...

And I barely have stats of me...

XDCorez
07-17-2015, 12:30 PM
IM NUMBER 9 GOT A PROBLEM??? :crazy:

GummiBear64
07-17-2015, 12:43 PM
which one am I????

BioTestificate
07-17-2015, 03:09 PM
which one am I????

3 and 4, I guess...

26FtW26
07-17-2015, 03:16 PM
"No", for me probably.
Or picture.1

Conan
07-17-2015, 03:22 PM
Im on number 69

craft3d
07-17-2015, 06:47 PM
THE END ISSSSSS NEEEEAR

cover your butts

GTLighty
07-17-2015, 06:51 PM
Yee I wanted to change my signature. Too lazy to do so. :sweatdrop:

Pikasack
07-17-2015, 06:55 PM
I have a lot of things in my signature...

Wronix
07-17-2015, 07:26 PM
I don't know what to put in my signature.. Still trying to figure it.

hodotd
07-17-2015, 07:35 PM
i wonder what number i am :/

Aquarious
07-17-2015, 07:36 PM
I have a mixed signature. :sweatdrop:
(gif, social media links, words)

Berenice
07-17-2015, 07:42 PM
Bored, and noticed that sometimes, the content of your sig is loosely dependent on rank...

0. IDK How to Signature
This isn't really a type of signature, but I included it anyway. New people who doesn't know how to set-up a signature, but tries to imitate other people who has signatures by manually placing them at the end of their posts. Most people learns how to make a signature after a short amount of time (thanks to concerned forumers), but some just won't listen and keep doing this until they prematurely quit.
Commonly used by: forum noobs

1. The Growtopian Profile
These signatures are one of the common types: they give info about themselves (sometimes with their goals included), decent, and can be mix and matched with any signature types.
Commonly used by: most people of different personalities, origins, and ages

2. The "Helper" (not to be confused with The Helper, which is much better than this)
Sometimes referred to as "mini-mod signature", these signatures are filled with stuff most people already know ("d0rp gaemz r skem", "stey awey form d0rp gaemz"), links to their own/others' guides (the former is sometimes poorly made/copy-pasted from the wiki/an existing guide), and, adds "be a mod" in their goals.
Commonly used by: relatively new people who wanted to be a mod; mini-mods

3. A Picture
A simple picture. Can be a gif or a JPEG, small or big, a screenshot of their character or a relatively random image, this is used by most normal forumers -- socialize, ask questions, get included in morbid fanfics, or just make threads fun to read -- and is quite neat; they may get boring to scroll afterwards though...
Commonly used by: average forumers, some other people I don't know what to name ;-;

Leads you in their profile, damn counters, dragon eggs, or random, they are only noticed by the most curious people, or just someone who has time to check them out. Can be in a form of blue text, damn boxes, Steam profiles, or combination of these.
Commonly used by: anyone who follows bandwagons, has other games they play and wanna share to others, good guide-makers, people who also socializes in other sites, and trolls

5. BEST QUOTE EVAH GOTTA GO IN MY SIG
These signatures are by people who are fascinated by posts that are inspirational, cringe-worthy, or has a point. Some even fake mod quotes to praise themselves, or just make them look silly.
Commonly used by: people who are emotionally get carried away, people who lives dangerously, some others ;-;

6. No.
They hate fancy. Specifically, they hate everyone. Their signature are ONLY composed of some words, several lines of deep words that you can't understand their point, or ironic statements ("i have no signature"). They are often pessimistic.
Commonly used by: pessimists, people who keep telling "the end is neaaaaar", people who already quit

7. OMG FAMOUS
Just like hyperlinked signatures, except that the links usually bring you to their Twitter, IG, YouTube (+ their latest video), and/or other social networking sites. Some aren't really that famous though, but hey, he owns a Twitter account; I must follow him!
Commonly used by: [I don't know how to put these into words... ;-;] famous people, yeah...

---more to be added---

Meanwhile, why not suggest some more types of signatures and point out some mistakes? I'm pretty sure there are lots of undeveloped areas...

Number 5. XD :panic:

|ThyLuigi|
07-17-2015, 09:08 PM
I feel like my siggy is a weird mix match of the helper and the quote one.

JOSHIE63
07-17-2015, 09:14 PM
When I changed my signature last night, I may have created a new category.