PDA

View Full Version : Why do do moderators close/delete your threads without telling you?

Berenice
07-17-2015, 07:48 PM
Just a question, I swear if this thread gets deleted I quit .-.

Why do they delete your threads without telling you the reason?

http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?223579-WHAT-HAPPENED-TO-THIS-THREAD-!-Omg-WHAT-! It was already on page 2 when it got deleted, why not just let it die?

Jack Bowe
07-17-2015, 07:53 PM
If it gets closed then there must be a reason, one that's evident and one that doesn't need to be mentioned - the moderators only close threads that aren't conforming to the forum rules and expectations (unless there's power abuse, but I've never heard about power abuse on the forums); if you would like to know why a thread had been deleted, then you'd have to ask the specific moderator, however, you don't really know who that is - which is another possible reason why not to mention it, as it could start a negative relationship between the original poster and the specific moderator (if the original poster is too immature to handle the forum rules).

I don't think moderators close these sorts of threads unless they have reference to the original thread thus counteracting the purpose of deleting it/removing it in the first place. :p

Note: I personally don't think they need a reason, if you want to make a thread that doesn't conform to the rules and regulations of the forums then you should find a tolerant forum.

Note: your thread had reference to a thread that was deleted/closed, therefore it's only sparking and negating the effects of that action, and therefore should be closed.

Berenice
07-17-2015, 07:57 PM
If it gets closed then there must be a reason, one that's evident and one that doesn't need to be mentioned - the moderators only close threads that aren't conforming to the forum rules and expectations (unless there's power abuse, but I've never heard about power abuse on the forums); if you would like to know why a thread had been deleted, then you'd have to ask the specific moderator, however, you don't really know who that is - which is another possible reason why not to mention it, as it could start a negative relationship between the original poster and the specific moderator (if the original poster is too immature to handle the forum rules).

I don't think moderators close these sorts of threads unless they have reference to the original thread thus counteracting the purpose of deleting it/removing it in the first place. :p

Note: I personally don't think they need a reason, if you want to make a thread that doesn't conform to the rules and regulations of the forums then you should find a tolerant forum.

Note: your thread had reference to a thread that was deleted/closed, therefore it's only sparking and negating the effects of that action, and therefore should be closed.
It'd be really helpful of moderators to tell the OP why theirs thread got closed so they don't make the same mistake

Oh and thank you for the note in blue

|ThyLuigi|
07-17-2015, 08:55 PM
Just a question, I swear if this thread gets deleted I quit .-.

Why do they delete your threads without telling you the reason?

http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?223579-WHAT-HAPPENED-TO-THIS-THREAD-!-Omg-WHAT-! It was already on page 2 when it got deleted, why not just let it die?

It's kinda annoying, especially when you sit there for 10 minutes trying to figure out what happened.

PolarisHD
07-17-2015, 10:23 PM
Different mods have different rules. Some deletes the thread, some closes the thread, and some just dgaf.

The mod probably PMed the OP the reason why the thread got deleted or if the mod thinks you're an experienced forumer, he/she will just assume that you know the reason why. But then again, different mods have different rules.

Anulot
07-17-2015, 11:46 PM
Posting in the wrong subforum or making a spammy post can result in your thread being deleted or locked without warning. We try and keep the general chat and other subs as clean as possible.

And yes, in some cases we contact the original poster telling them why their thread was taken care of to prevent them from making the same mistake. We do expect the older forumers, however, to understand the forums rules.

Simplify_
07-17-2015, 11:59 PM
Posting in the wrong subforum or making a spammy post can result in your thread being deleted or locked without warning. We try and keep the general chat and other subs as clean as possible.

And yes, in some cases we contact the original poster telling them why their thread was taken care of to prevent them from making the same mistake. We do expect the older forumers, however, to understand the forums rules.

Oh ok, I remember getting my thread deleted and never getting an answer but I didn't want to make a thread asking "why was my thread deleted' I just ignored it