PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly Knives...

26FtW26
07-18-2015, 06:00 PM
Anyone else like the look and style of them?
http://i.gyazo.com/c326645e01cb2dc9cf1cbe0161fc6b53.gif

just one growtopian
07-18-2015, 06:25 PM
I don't like them until they have butterfly pictures on them.

Hans
07-18-2015, 06:25 PM
yes

i liek dem

Boomer
07-18-2015, 06:31 PM
Looks more like he's trying to play with nunchucks than a knife...I think I'll stick with my Benchmade.

26FtW26
07-18-2015, 06:34 PM
Looks more like he's trying to play with nunchucks than a knife...I think I'll stick with my Benchmade.

LMAO yeah, the gif is kinda bad but thats the best quality one I could find.
I can't seem to find a Benchmade anywhere... actually, I can't seem to find any REALLY good bfly knives anywhere in Estonia.

craft3d
07-18-2015, 06:43 PM
Anyone else like the look and style of them?
http://i.gyazo.com/c326645e01cb2dc9cf1cbe0161fc6b53.gif

Yes, but they are illegal now in most of the world.

26FtW26
07-18-2015, 06:51 PM
Yes, but they are illegal now in most of the world.

There really is no reason for them to be illegal, though. :/
Why do so many countries make it illegal? Because people are scared? No. Because idiots can hurt themselves with them? No. Idiots can hurt themselves with anything.
These knives are no more lethal than a kitchen knife, maybe even less so. If I was a criminal, I'd rather just get something cheap and unsuspicious like a kitchen knife if I am going to kill someone, wouldn't I? XD

In Estonia, they are legal as long as they aren't more than 8.5cm in length. AKA if it isn't a sword, it's fine.

Dinosaur
07-18-2015, 06:53 PM
There really is no reason for them to be illegal, though. :/
Why do so many countries make it illegal? Because people are scared? No. Because idiots can hurt themselves with them? No. Idiots can hurt themselves with anything.
These knives are no more lethal than a kitchen knife, maybe even less so. If I was a criminal, I'd rather just get something cheap and unsuspicious like a kitchen knife if I am going to kill someone, wouldn't I? XD

In Estonia, they are legal as long as they aren't more than 8.5cm in length. AKA if it isn't a sword, it's fine.

Agreed, it doesn't make sense to make something like that illegal. It's just a knife that has an awesome style.

26FtW26
07-18-2015, 06:55 PM
Agreed, it doesn't make sense to make something like that illegal. It's just a knife that has an awesome style.

Some idiots say that it's illegal because it's easily concealable, but they are idiots as always.
If I wanted to conceal a weapon, I'd just put a kitchen knife up my sleeve or something, since a lot of people will probably already know what a butterfly knife looks like when closed.

voidgaming
07-18-2015, 07:06 PM
Some idiots say that it's illegal because it's easily concealable, but they are idiots as always.
If I wanted to conceal a weapon, I'd just put a kitchen knife up my sleeve or something, since a lot of people will probably already know what a butterfly knife looks like when closed.

Butterfly knife, illegal.
Katana, can be putten in the guest room and show off.

SuperJ
07-18-2015, 07:10 PM
They are really cool. :cool:

Hans
07-18-2015, 07:32 PM

Human logic

/yes

I don't even see how you could hurt yourself with that if you choose to hold it in the rear end or just the middle and spin it quite a few times. Possibly if you spin it too fast you'll pinch yourself.

Dodo Wizard
07-18-2015, 07:37 PM
I am going to cut you, like a cornish game hen.

peck
07-18-2015, 07:39 PM
I'll be honest, you were probably the top of the list of those who annoyed me on these forums until this thread. I have a collection of seven butterfly knives, worth around $900 all together. Of course I would never flip them, but their handle style is nice. No cheap UV rainbow ones either haha. I stay away from benchmade as many of theirs own 440A blade dulls so fast.. Generally showing off a zen rollover makes you look like a master despite it being so much easier than it looks. A fun thing to do while idle/pacing around the room

- - - Updated - - -

Actually legal in many states since 2013 (including texas)

26FtW26
07-18-2015, 07:43 PM
I'll be honest, you were probably the top of the list of those who annoyed me on these forums until this thread. I have a collection of seven butterfly knives, worth around $900 all together. Of course I would never flip them, but their handle style is nice. No cheap UV rainbow ones either haha

- - - Updated - - -

Actually legal in many states since 2013 (including texas)

Worth around $900 together? Nice!
BTW, that is just a random gif I made using Gyazo.

Can you list the ones you have?

And yeah, I can be really annoying to a certain group of people.

peck
07-18-2015, 07:54 PM
Worth around $900 together? Nice!
BTW, that is just a random gif I made using Gyazo.

Can you list the ones you have?

And yeah, I can be really annoying to a certain group of people.

Some aren't really branded as I get them from a special place.
Full damascus (dark tint)
Carbon fiber with a reddish topaz bird on the handle (most expensive one)
Bear OPS Blue raindrop
2x Tanto blackwash
2x handle-bend karambit style (one green other red)
and of course a cheapo trainer to practice

I also got a bunch of cheapo $12 440 tacticals that looked cool from bladeplay.com, but they're not worth anything mentionable.

26FtW26
07-18-2015, 07:58 PM
Some aren't really branded as I get them from a special place.
Full damascus (dark tint)
Carbon fiber with a reddish topaz bird on the handle (most expensive one)
Bear OPS Blue raindrop
2x Tanto blackwash
2x handle-bend karambit style (one green other red)
and of course a cheapo trainer to practice

I also got a bunch of cheapo $12 440 tacticals that looked cool from bladeplay.com, but they're not worth anything mentionable.

mkay, thas kewl

peck
07-18-2015, 08:43 PM
mkay, thas kewl

The one in that gif you put is maybe $20-$40.
Butterfly knives are illegal because they're (today) are often bought to play with. Which isn't good combination with knives on the safety side (and handed to inexperienced friends who want to try it out). But being illegal along with gravity knives, their standards were all wrong so it was put back into market in many places of USA.

Kranken
07-18-2015, 09:35 PM
I got one, not too good one tho. I personally love them! I got a machete and some other stuff like that (african spears, guns, knives etc) But butterfly knives are my favourite!

peck
07-18-2015, 09:43 PM
I got one, not too good one tho. I personally love them! I got a machete and some other stuff like that (african spears, guns, knives etc) But butterfly knives are my favourite!

oooo guns. Derailing isn't too horrible: share your collection. I don't own any, but i'm related to one who deals them, though his modern items have scopes more expensive than the gun itself (eliminator 3 automatic scope :cool:).

Kranken
07-18-2015, 10:32 PM
oooo guns. Derailing isn't too horrible: share your collection. I don't own any, but i'm related to one who deals them, though his modern items have scopes more expensive than the gun itself (eliminator 3 automatic scope :cool:).

Well some handguns, some air guns,and stuff like that. I'm actually more of the person who's equipment is worth more than the item itself too haha