PDA

View Full Version : Weird thing I've noticed about people...

26FtW26
07-23-2015, 06:14 PM
People tend to take 13 year olds MUCH MORE seriously than 12 year olds.
Anyone know why that's a thing that is?

GIGeo
07-23-2015, 06:16 PM

Its interesting.

It happens because of the growing up you do. When I hit 13 I got taller, stronger and more mature. I remember getting a lot more responsabilitys then.

PURPLE585
cuz 12 is overused liek idk 8 or stuff

so 13 sounds bettr

iElephantGT
I haven't seen this much, but maybe it has to do with the 13 year old being a teenager and the 12 year old not being one? Eh, I don't know.

26FtW26
07-23-2015, 06:18 PM
Because you actually mature when you hit 13

LMAO that is not a fact...

GTLighty
07-23-2015, 06:19 PM
Its interesting.

It happens because of the growing up you do. When I hit 13 I got taller, stronger and more mature. I remember getting a lot more responsabilitys then.

Same. I turned 13 less than 3 months ago and I've suddenly changed like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Not true. Not true at all m8.

GIGeo
07-23-2015, 06:22 PM
FALSE FALSE FALSE

LMAO that is not a fact...
TRUTH

Same. I turned 13 less than 3 months ago and I've suddenly changed like that.
Yep. I was really mature when I was 10+ so I always hung out with the adults and older people. I thought kids were so immature and annoying. I liked playing with them but I didn't trust them.

Now I like to listen to older folks tell stories of their life and I am really good with money too.

I used to teach and give suggestions to young adults about money...when I was 13.

When I turned 13 everything just got more serious and interesting.

GTLighty
07-23-2015, 06:24 PM
Yep. I was really mature when I was 10+ so I always hung out with the adults and older people. I thought kids were so immature and annoying. I liked playing with them but I didn't trust them.

Now I like to listen to older folks tell stories of their life and I am really good with money too.

I used to teach and give suggestions to young adults about money...when I was 13.

When I turned 13 everything just got more serious and interesting.

Exactly, I remember when I was 12 I always wanted to seem cool with people and act like a big kid. Now I just feel, meh. More intellectual in a way.

|ThyLuigi|
07-23-2015, 06:28 PM
It's pretty weird, I have the size, strength, and maturity of a 13 year old, but I'm 12.

peck
07-23-2015, 06:28 PM
I don't think anyone's mature until they hit 15 and get introduced to highschool, driving, basically early life.

26FtW26
07-23-2015, 06:30 PM
I don't think anyone's mature until they hit 15 and get introduced to highschool, driving, basically early life.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am not sure about other places, but in Estonia you officially start taking somewhat responsibilities in law and whatnot when you're 13, so that may be a part of the reason.

Tre
07-23-2015, 06:31 PM

Yes .

PannyFlan
07-23-2015, 06:45 PM
Will anyone teach me what will exactly happen when you turn 13? I'm turning 13 on November soon...
The only thing would change once I hit 13, would probably be much more responsibilities, because my siblings grow older, so I have to help around the house more...

All my friends, and most of the girls in my age already have periods expect me.

GTLighty
07-23-2015, 06:53 PM

I'm 13 and I'm technically in high school right now. But I do agree with the fact that when you start an early life and such you are an independent mature person.

Will anyone teach me what will exactly happen when you turn 13? I'm turning 13 on November soon...
The only thing would change once I hit 13, would probably be much more responsibilities, because my siblings grow older, so I have to help around the house more...

Believe me, you don't want it. (spoiler)

PannyFlan
07-23-2015, 06:55 PM
I'm 13 and I'm technically in high school right now. But I do agree with the fact that when you start an early life and such you are an independent mature person.

Believe me, you don't want it. (spoiler)
That what everyone says, my mom even prepare those pads incase '' the dun dun ''.
She still have it after 3 years, all started when my cousin got it at 10.

GTLighty
07-23-2015, 06:59 PM
That what everyone says, my mom even prepare those pads incase '' the dun dun ''.

Tbh I remember when I wanted to be mature bcus everyone had it and I was like 'um ._.' Now I regret everything I said about wanting to be mature in that way.

lukj2001
07-23-2015, 07:00 PM

Make sure you have them at the same day every month cuz thats a sign ur healthy, don't aask me how i know this huehuehue

GTLighty
07-23-2015, 07:06 PM
*deep, attention-attracting cough*
I think there are kids browsing this forum.

Yeah. Says someone with a name of 'BEEPYOU' as well.
+Saying attention-attracting attracts more attention which you obviously don't want me to do.
But yeah, lets move on from that subject.. :sweatdrop:

GingerSoup
07-23-2015, 07:11 PM
13 is thirteen, thir + teen. Teen = teenager.

26FtW26
07-23-2015, 07:18 PM
13 is thirteen, thir + teen. Teen = teenager.

But does it really matter if you're a teenager or not? Being one doesn't make you any more honest to people than you already are...

Luminesce
07-23-2015, 07:29 PM

It is quite strange. Nothing really happens on the exact moment you turn 13. I always used to think I'd feel different, instantly. Obviously throughout the next few years there are changes.

I find age, to be more of an average, annual, social statistic. I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense.

But what I mean, is:

We are all unique, we change at different times, puberty comes at different ages. Age is just a status. (Accurate, to measure time spent on earth).
But not a VERY accurate measurement to determine things such as maturity, and puberty.

And for the thread topic,

I'm not sure why people seem to treat a 13 year old individual, more seriously , than a 12 year old individual.
It may just be the age statistic I wrote about earlier. Subconsciously rating the persons maturity level with social age.

This is just my opinion though.

TL;DR
Age is a statistic. It doesn't measure maturity, but is often treated as such. Possibly Subconsciously, because age (And it's modern restrictions) has always been a part of our life.

26FtW26
07-23-2015, 07:33 PM
It is quite strange. Nothing really happens on the exact moment you turn 13. I always used to think I'd feel different, instantly. Obviously throughout the next few years there are changes.

I find age, to be more of an average, annual, social statistic. I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense.

But what I mean, is:

We are all unique, we change at different times, puberty comes at different ages. Age is just a status. (Accurate, to measure time spent on earth).
But not a VERY accurate measurement to determine things such as maturity, and puberty.

And for the thread topic,

I'm not sure why people seem to treat a 13 year old individual, more seriously , than a 12 year old individual.
It may just be the age statistic I wrote about earlier. Subconsciously rating the persons maturity level with social age.

This is just my opinion though.

TL;DR
Age is a statistic. It doesn't measure maturity, but is often treated as such. Possibly Subconsciously, because age has always been a part our our modern life.

Aging is like leveling up. You get more respect and therefore, more pros.
life is p2w af mehehehheheheh

Fatbro
07-23-2015, 07:39 PM
maybe its just a coincidence. I'm 12 years old and i happen to be more mature then much other 12 year olds so i am treated normally. maybe its cause of the stereotype that 12 year olds are dumb and immature, that people don't even bother to understand them.

GTLighty
07-23-2015, 07:41 PM
maybe its just a coincidence. I'm 12 years old and i happen to be more mature then much other 12 year olds so i am treated normally. maybe its cause of the stereotype that 12 year olds are dumb and immature, that people don't even bother to understand them.

Agreed. People see 12 year old and young children and just treat them like children. Then when they turn 13, just 'visualizing' that someone has turned 'teen' may have something to do with why people take 13 year olds more serious.

SuperJ
07-23-2015, 07:55 PM
I'm 12 but I get treated like I'm 15.