PDA

View Full Version : I finished FO3

GummiBear64
07-24-2015, 11:32 PM
Yes, I finally finished the main storyline of Fallout 3 after 100 hours (I also did side quests but not all of them).
Now, I am going to replay it to get all the achievements but I need to make it fun, any ideas? Like, obviously I'll do a kill everything run to get all the bad karma achievements but any other ideas for runs?

|ThyLuigi|
07-25-2015, 12:41 AM
Yes, I finally finished the main storyline of Fallout 3 after 100 hours (I also did side quests but not all of them).
Now, I am going to replay it to get all the achievements but I need to make it fun, any ideas? Like, obviously I'll do a kill everything run to get all the bad karma achievements but any other ideas for runs?

I'll give you a challenge, when you level up, never pick a perk that gives you any direct advantage in combat (Such as "Gunslinger"), and do not give points to anything that isn't combat related (such as speech).

Juan Alfredo Guevara
07-25-2015, 12:50 AM
Man, I'm just about to finish my FO:NV run! I beat in 23 hours, and didn't do the DLCs (Wanted to go for the regular experience first). Legate is pretty easy, a few AMR explosive rounds and then finish him with the AP ones, but I always get killed by the remaining Legionaires. Any help?

Also, here's an idea: One weapon run. Pick a trusty gun, and go with it. You can use other weapons if you find them, but not far for when you found them, unless you are going to sell it. That's what I'm going to do in my next run, with the Mysterious Magnum.

|ThyLuigi|
07-25-2015, 01:12 AM
Man, I'm just about to finish my FO:NV run! I beat in 23 hours, and didn't do the DLCs (Wanted to go for the regular experience first). Legate is pretty easy, a few AMR explosive rounds and then finish him with the AP ones, but I always get killed by the remaining Legionaires. Any help?

Also, here's an idea: One weapon run. Pick a trusty gun, and go with it. You can use other weapons if you find them, but not far for when you found them, unless you are going to sell it. That's what I'm going to do in my next run, with the Mysterious Magnum.

That's not very good, considering the first weapon you get in fallout is a 10MM pistol.

GummiBear64
07-25-2015, 01:19 AM
I'll give you a challenge, when you level up, never pick a perk that gives you any direct advantage in combat (Such as "Gunslinger"), and do not give points to anything that isn't combat related (such as speech).
So, no perks that give me an advantage in combat and no points to skills that don't give me advantage in combat?

Please elaborate.

|ThyLuigi|
07-25-2015, 01:24 AM
So, no perks that give me an advantage in combat and no points to skills that don't give me advantage in combat?

Please elaborate.

Yep, I think it would be pretty hard, I'm not sure.

HerobrineFan
07-25-2015, 01:27 AM
Do the 'Kill alll Deathclaws you see' challenge

You'll loose.

NCR Trooper
07-25-2015, 02:54 AM

Use steady to become a sniping god and blast the legionaires heads off. You can also convince him to fight you alone if you have a speech level of 85, or you can make the Legate leave with a speech level of 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Unarmed weapons only run. It's fun.

GummiBear64
07-25-2015, 02:56 AM
Do the 'Kill alll Deathclaws you see' challenge

You'll loose.
Already killed them all.

Unarmed weapons only run. It's fun.

Such as power fists? Melee weapons?

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, I think it would be pretty hard, I'm not sure.

It doesn't really sound very hard.

NCR Trooper
07-25-2015, 02:57 AM
Already killed them all.

Such as power fists? Melee weapons?

- - - Updated - - -

Anything considered an unarmed weapon. Your bare fists, power fist, brass knuckles, etc.

GummiBear64
07-25-2015, 03:02 AM
Anything considered an unarmed weapon. Your bare fists, power fist, brass knuckles, etc.

Oh god...
I can just imagine how many times I'd die in the main storyline, let alone the security breach in Broken Steel.

|ThyLuigi|
07-25-2015, 03:05 AM

Okay, how about one where you can only use "Big weapons", such as the Fat Man and Flamer.

NCR Trooper
07-25-2015, 03:07 AM
Oh god...
I can just imagine how many times I'd die in the main storyline, let alone the security breach in Broken Steel.

Not really. I've done it. I've also heard of people doing runs with a noncombatant build, wearing clothes and trying to talk everything out. (Which is pretty ridiculous, considering how many quests require you to kill things.)

|ThyLuigi|
07-25-2015, 03:16 AM

Maybe that perks one should be tweaked. You are only allowed to pick non-combat perks, and you can only give points to Medicine, Small Guns, Speech, and Explosives.

GummiBear64
07-25-2015, 04:28 AM
Maybe that perks one should be tweaked. You are only allowed to pick non-combat perks, and you can only give points to Medicine, Small Guns, Speech, and Explosives.

Lockpick, Science and Repair are bae.

|ThyLuigi|
07-25-2015, 04:51 AM
Lockpick, Science and Repair are bae.

Hrm, okay, I think I have this challenge idea set. You can only pick 4 different perks of your choice, and 2 skills to give points to.

GummiBear64
07-25-2015, 04:55 AM
Hrm, okay, I think I have this challenge idea set. You can only pick 4 different perks of your choice, and 2 skills to give points to.

But every time I level up, I have to distribute my skill points and choose a perk. I cannot skip that.

Juan Alfredo Guevara
07-25-2015, 07:33 PM
Not really. I've done it. I've also heard of people doing runs with a noncombatant build, wearing clothes and trying to talk everything out. (Which is pretty ridiculous, considering how many quests require you to kill things.)

You can actually do a no kill run FO:NV. I'm not going to do that, because that seems pretty boring, but it's interesting.

|ThyLuigi|
07-25-2015, 07:36 PM
But every time I level up, I have to distribute my skill points and choose a perk. I cannot skip that.

You can use those perks an unlimited amount of times, and give points to those skills an unlimited amount of times. Also, once you max out a skill, you can pick another in it's place.

Juan Alfredo Guevara
07-25-2015, 07:52 PM
You can use those perks an unlimited amount of times, and give points to those skills an unlimited amount of times. Also, once you max out a skill, you can pick another in it's place.

Not all perks have different levels. i.e. Cannibalism has 1 level and the Dine and Dash challenge.

I think a better challenge would be to pick offensive/deffensive perks only. Bloody Mess, Finesse, etc. and raise only offensive/deffensive skills, like Guns, Explosives or Melee.

GummiBear64
07-25-2015, 10:31 PM

Not all perks have a lot of levels, some only have one, some two and some five.

|ThyLuigi|
07-25-2015, 10:42 PM
Not all perks have a lot of levels, some only have one, some two and some five.

I think the perks will go by either not picking any combat related perks, or only picking combat related perks as I first siggested.

PURPLE585
07-25-2015, 11:11 PM
play fallout shelter

|ThyLuigi|
07-25-2015, 11:13 PM
play fallout shelter

I do, I suck at it.

Juan Alfredo Guevara
07-25-2015, 11:14 PM
play fallout shelter

It sucks tho.

WARMAKER
07-25-2015, 11:32 PM
play fallout shelter

I got 200 Dwellers and every room in the game on my first day. ( Go to device settings while in airplane mode and set your time forward 1 hour, and re-load the app. Collect, Breed, Repeat. 200 Dwellers in no time. ) Just make sure that you always have enough food and water or they take way too much HP Damage. took me like 4 days of pumping out tons of Stim's to heal them all back to full hp.

GummiBear64
07-26-2015, 12:44 AM
play fallout shelter

I do.
I am not very good at it.

PURPLE585
07-26-2015, 01:15 AM
I got 200 Dwellers and every room in the game on my first day. ( Go to device settings while in airplane mode and set your time forward 1 hour, and re-load the app. Collect, Breed, Repeat. 200 Dwellers in no time. ) Just make sure that you always have enough food and water or they take way too much HP Damage. took me like 4 days of pumping out tons of Stim's to heal them all back to full hp.

when i got to a point where i actually needed to worry about health i was liek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWLqqswCcyE

GummiBear64
07-26-2015, 07:11 AM
Vault 106 is going to give me nightmares. :cry:

GummiBear64
07-27-2015, 12:58 PM
Any more brilliant ideas?
I'm almost going to start the next play through.

GummiBear64
07-29-2015, 11:05 AM
52/72 Achievements.
Mainly, the karma related achievements and the bobbleheads with a few dlc achievements.
Shall do them all on my second playthrough.

I am also thinking of doing a You Only Live Once playthrough where I cannot heal at all and when I do it's game over (got the idea from Many A True Nerd). Does it sound any good?

|ThyLuigi|
07-29-2015, 02:06 PM
52/72 Achievements.
Mainly, the karma related achievements and the bobbleheads with a few dlc achievements.
Shall do them all on my second playthrough.

I am also thinking of doing a You Only Live Once playthrough where I cannot heal at all and when I do it's game over (got the idea from Many A True Nerd). Does it sound any good?

What are you going to do for the achievements where you need to reach level 20 with neutral, evil, or good karma?

|9Life
07-29-2015, 02:11 PM
Fallout sucks

GummiBear64
07-29-2015, 11:19 PM
What are you going to do for the achievements where you need to reach level 20 with neutral, evil, or good karma?

Just play through it again with different types of playthroughs as mentioned earlier in the thread.

GummiBear64
08-01-2015, 12:08 PM
I have 60/72 achievements.
It's only the hardest of them left, really.