PDA

View Full Version : Help

ParkourDevil
07-30-2015, 12:48 PM
I'm afraid that i have a virus in my PC, and i don't know how to remove it.
-My PC backround is solid black
-That board underneath your screen (Not sure what it is called) stops responding after i exit a game
-My PC is running more slowly

-I'm using Win.8.1

ParkourDevil
07-30-2015, 01:01 PM
what did u download

My brother tried to jailbreak his phone with some thing called itunes helper, which installed some kind of xBox thing too. Both of them are removed from my PC but will both be activated at the time my PC is turned on

ScptrX
07-30-2015, 01:03 PM
Run a full virus scan on your computer.

ParkourDevil
07-30-2015, 01:04 PM
Run a full virus scan on your computer.

Would take a really long time since i have hundreds of gigabytes of games downloaded from Steam but lets just do that

Festivity
07-30-2015, 01:14 PM
My brother tried to jailbreak his phone with some thing called itunes helper, which installed some kind of xBox thing too. Both of them are removed from my PC but will both be activated at the time my PC is turned on

Bascially Google "msconfig how to use" or "How to disable Startup Items", that way you could delete them bad boys. :crazy:

Or, just boot in safe mode and just delete them, booooooooommmmm.

peck
07-30-2015, 02:14 PM
-That board underneath your screen (Not sure what it is called) stops responding after i exit a game

-I'm using Win.8.1

The pinbar and start button often becomes unresponsive after long periods of time to many copies of windows 8 (including mine). Your pc background being solid black is also another bug that can happen, right click and click the 'set themes' or whatever it says, and reselect your (likely) unsaved theme. Depending on what you tell me about your PC running slow, the more your hard drive is filled up, the slower it is to startup and read/write (unless you have an SSD of course, all of such is minimized), I would use windows tools to defrag your hard drive (if any needed).

If you are getting paranoid of this 'virus' take a screenshot of your task manager (CPU ascending order and descending), and a screenshot of all your installed programs and PM them to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Would take a really long time since i have hundreds of gigabytes of games downloaded from Steam but lets just do that

Oh dang I guessed it.

- - - Updated - - -

If he had ios 8. anything you're at risk as Tang- something was reported by a couple people they got trojans (suprise suprise). If "itunes helper" installed anything other than what it's intended for, likely there can be more than just some xBox thing.

craft3d
07-30-2015, 04:31 PM

-I'm using Win.8.1

This happens to me sometimes, although the background is solid purple. Does everything on screen disappear for a moment then reappear because that is what happens to me after I exit a game. If that is the cause and it is running slowly, then try doing a system restore to the time before this started happening. If that doesn't work, it may just be slow processing times and you may have to give it time. It is probably your hard drive running slowly because it's 1) Low RPM drive 2) Lot's of stuff on it. If the second one is your issue, just delete games you never play and it should run way better.

hodotd
07-30-2015, 05:04 PM
apparently neuber.com tried to help us but the users saying that it's safe are completely stupid