PDA

View Full Version : Birth of an Otaku

LittleSirP
08-01-2015, 03:46 PM
I've been stressed with school lately with it's crap and I need new procrastinating material. My English teacher introduced the class to Parasyte, and I was quite intrigued. I've watched the first episode yesterday and just finished the series a few minutes ago. I've really been hooked, and I've gotten really messed up hours ago because of the teenage hormones and the feels. I can't get closure, the ending was beautiful as is, the storyline was amazing, but I crave for more. I don't know what to do, should I keep watching other anime or keep waiting for the day season 2 comes out (although Wikipedia said the manga was made around 20 years ago so I highly doubt it'll come back but ;_; )? What animes should I watch that have the same quality as this? Urg, I hate and love being addicted to something again besides gaming.

Oh and also, I have a computer video I have to produce and an AV script I have to write. I'm not done with the script and I haven't started with the video. To top it all off, I have a 7 page science homework and a Chinese write-up.

Send help.

BioTestificate
08-01-2015, 03:49 PM
I've been stressed with school lately with it's crap and I need new procrastinating material. My English teacher introduced the class to Parasyte, and I was quite intrigued. I've watched the first episode yesterday and just finished the series a few minutes ago. I've really been hooked, and I've gotten really messed up hours ago because of the teenage hormones and the feels. I can't get closure, the ending was beautiful as is, the storyline was amazing, but I crave for more. I don't know what to do, should I keep watching other anime or keep waiting for the day season 2 comes out (although Wikipedia said the manga was made around 20 years ago so I highly doubt it'll come back but ;_; )? What animes should I watch that have the same quality as this? Urg, I hate and love being addicted to something again besides gaming.

Oh and also, I have a computer video I have to produce and an AV script I have to write. I'm not done with the script and I haven't started with the video. To top it all off, I have a 7 page science homework and a Chinese write-up.

Send help.

Declare that the most attractive character you've seen will become your official waifu if you finished all those stuff...

69% guaranteed

26FtW26
08-01-2015, 04:30 PM
Declare that the most attractive character you've seen will become your official waifu if you finished all those stuff...

69% guaranteed

69% is good enough for me.
Boys, it's time to get to work.

PolarisHD
08-01-2015, 04:36 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/658/928/c29.gif

I know how you feel. You can either try watching more anime or reading the manga or just do both.

Fatbro
08-01-2015, 04:37 PM
welcome to anime
we have cookies.

Tempting
08-01-2015, 11:40 PM
Hmm. If you like that genre, 'Another' is a must see. It's I think 12 or 13 episodes about a classroom with a curse, in which there are a lot of fatalities. There's also a mysterious girl named 'Misaki' who wears an eyepatch. No spoilers

An even better horror anime is Deadman Wonderland. Deadman Wonderland is about a boy named Ganta Igarashi, who is accused of massacre of his whole classroom, which was actually caused by someone he calls the 'Red Man'. He's sent to Deadman Wonderland where you participate in attractions to get candy, in which you must eat every 3 days or die. He meets someone named Shiro (In my signature and profile picture) Who's an albino (People with pure white skin and hair because of lack of pigment) girl, that becomes EXTREMELY important later on. There will be no season 2, but the manga is finished, so when you finish the anime, I think it leaves off at chapter 13 in the manga. You might need to read it all though because the manga is slightly different.

If you're speaking in terms of quality, say DanMachi is good too. It's really recent, and season 2 is likely. If you can't find it by searching DanMachi, the full name is 'Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon'