PDA

View Full Version : Ehhhh is it all a lie

Applez
08-04-2015, 01:27 AM
I watched this (http://youtu.be/Omx_iLtMjZA) video about gifted kids but a lot of this doesn't apply to me. (I'm in Gifted and Talented class)

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MEEE

Edit: maybe my talent is that my report cards so far (to 5th grade) have been all a's

iParadise
08-04-2015, 01:33 AM
I watched this (http://youtu.be/Omx_iLtMjZA) video about gifted kids but a lot of this doesn't apply to me. (I'm in Gifted and Talented class)

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MEEE

Edit: maybe my talent is that my report cards so far (to 5th grade) have been all a's

Im in gifted

Invalid
08-04-2015, 02:19 AM

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MEEE

I'm in gifted

uhsuybsbugbsugbus

Ritzy
08-04-2015, 02:24 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SCOOBYDOOFAN
08-04-2015, 02:24 AM
I'm gifted. I used to be able to go to a special class to do projects and solve word problems. I had the choice to go to a gifted high school but decided I wanted to stick with my friends and go to the high school closest to me.

Us forumers should make a gifted club where we do things, solve riddles, make fun projects, etc. or just hang out together.

craft3d
08-04-2015, 03:59 AM
Well if getting a Level Z (highest reading level) since Grade 4 and being on the honor roll 2 years in a row AND building a computer at 12 counts as gifted, then I am.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gifted. I used to be able to go to a special class to do projects and solve word problems. I had the choice to go to a gifted high school but decided I wanted to stick with my friends and go to the high school closest to me.

Us forumers should make a gifted club where we do things, solve riddles, make fun projects, etc. or just hang out together.

Oh god, not trying to be a mean little bastard, but if you went to my school, you would be bullied A LOT. The teenage boys at my school do weed, smokes, and drink tons of alcohol. Don't even get me started on grades.

SCOOBYDOOFAN
08-04-2015, 04:04 AM
Well if getting a Level Z (highest reading level) since Grade 4 and being on the honor roll 2 years in a row AND building a computer at 12 counts as gifted, then I am.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god, not trying to be a mean little bastard, but if you went to my school, you would be bullied A LOT. The teenage boys at my school do weed, smokes, and drink tons of alcohol. Don't even get me started on grades.

Your school doesn't sound so.... safe. Anyways I don't exactly have to worry about this problem as my high school no longer does the gifted program, so now I am gifted I just don't do the class. But you are a very smart guy, do the fellows there pick on you from time to time?

craft3d
08-04-2015, 04:08 AM
Your school doesn't sound so.... safe. Anyways I don't exactly have to worry about this problem as my high school no longer does the gifted program, so now I am gifted I just don't do the class. But you are a very smart guy, do the fellows there pick on you from time to time?

Yeah, my school isn't, errr, the best place but it has a good amount of nice people. And yeah, sometimes people pick on me, but that's more of the looks part, sometimes the academics part.

SCOOBYDOOFAN
08-04-2015, 04:11 AM
Yeah, my school isn't, errr, the best place but it has a good amount of nice people. And yeah, sometimes people pick on me, but that's more of the looks part, sometimes the academics part.

Hey atleast your smart and will get somewhere in life besides the guys who are doing drugs and stuff. They probably won't get a good job like you as a pilot. Anyways as long as their is good people their will always be good things that happen. Just don't fall into the drug crowd and you'll get the dream job in no time.

Pikasack
08-04-2015, 04:12 AM
I got the A honour roll, does that count as gifted?

craft3d
08-04-2015, 04:16 AM
Hey atleast your smart and will get somewhere in life besides the guys who are doing drugs and stuff. They probably won't get a good job like you as a pilot. Anyways as long as their is good people their will always be good things that happen. Just don't fall into the drug crowd and you'll get the dream job in no time.

Believe me, I don't want to think about it. My friend has already started thinking about smoking and drinking energy drinks/beer, and doing weed. Worst part is, he wants me to do it to. Thankfully, I said no, and he has forgot about it ever since but he will undoubtedly probably try it again.

dirknkobe
08-04-2015, 04:22 AM
Hate to say this but you probably won't get it till your older. The gifted and talented program may seem cool but it is a huge waste of time. I'd say I've surpassed 95% of kids that where in that program in education. The friends I had in it said that they learned nothing that would help them in the high school. Now I was sophomore in high school taking a couple college classes and I was talking to a professor and he said that the gifted and talented program was really only directed torwards people with creativity. So it is my opinion that only boosts students egos to think they are better than the rest which will slowly decrease your learning.

Also straight A's are good but don't go around thinking that an end goal. Always push yourself. Take classes that you might bet b's and have to work for that b.I took my classes and well it was the first time they pushed me mentally and it felt amazing.

Bizarro
08-04-2015, 04:27 AM
Believe me, I don't want to think about it. My friend has already started thinking about smoking and drinking energy drinks/beer, and doing weed. Worst part is, he wants me to do it to. Thankfully, I said no, and he has forgot about it ever since but he will undoubtedly probably try it again.

Energy aren't that bad, I only drink them when I'm pulling a day and a night shift, and I'm pretty healthy.

dirknkobe
08-04-2015, 04:32 AM

It so surprising in high school everyone you thought would never do drugs start to do them or at least try them. There is a lot of pressure in high school to do them but don't waver just think to your self do I want to peak at high school and be "cool" or do I want to have a better career outside of school.

Applez
08-04-2015, 04:32 AM
Hate to say this but you probably won't get it till your older. The gifted and talented program may seem cool but it is a huge waste of time. I'd say I've surpassed 95% of kids that where in that program in education. The friends I had in it said that they learned nothing that would help them in the high school. Now I was sophomore in high school taking a couple college classes and I was talking to a professor and he said that the gifted and talented program was really only directed torwards people with creativity. So it is my opinion that only boosts students egos to think they are better than the rest which will slowly decrease your learning.

Also straight A's are good but don't go around thinking that an end goal. Always push yourself. Take classes that you might bet b's and have to work for that b.I took my classes and well it was the first time they pushed me mentally and it felt amazing.

I was in it in 3rd 4th and 5th and I loved it.
Also I'm taking AP classes this year. I homeschooled half way through 5th grade because I wouldn't think. (The kids were bad). But now I'm going back to normal school for 6th grade.

dirknkobe
08-04-2015, 04:34 AM
Also I'm taking AP classes this year. I homeschooled half way through 5th grade because I wouldn't think. (The kids were bad). But now I'm going back to normal school for 6th grade.

Good luck glad you are getting back into normal school you get to interact more which will help down the line. Also hope you get a 5 on that all important ap test. When I got mine I felt so accomplished.

Bizarro
08-04-2015, 04:35 AM
It so surprising in high school everyone you thought would never do drugs start to do them or at least try them. There is a lot of pressure in high school to do them but don't waver just think to your self do I want to peak at high school and be "cool" or do I want to have a better career outside of school.

It's not really pressure imo it's more like it'll make you look cool, or maybe if I do this, this girl will like me, or you just do it because you like the feeling.

But eh it's not really worth my time, + plus when you get addicted you want more and more but you'll end up broke.

dirknkobe
08-04-2015, 04:38 AM
It's not really pressure imo it's more like it'll make you look cool, or maybe if I do this, this girl will like me, or you just do it because you like the feeling.

But eh it's not really worth my time, + plus when you get addicted you want more and more but you'll end up broke.

Exactly I was talking about the people who care what other think about them. They get pressured to be "cool" which is a huge joke because high school status means nothing in the real life

DahUnikorn
08-04-2015, 04:45 AM

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MEEE

I took a gifted test when I was in 3rd grade, at first it said it failed then they said it was a mistake. So I was gifted...

One of my teachers somehow always gets me ever since I started HS. He's always making the gifted kids do more homework and classwork. I have to try my best cause my parents and/or my entire family (they're Filipinos) is pushing me to have good grades, to get into Harvard Medical school since I got wait-listed... :crazy:

My parents are letting me have some free time for myself, and that's when I get to play GT and all that. I'm cherishing my summer break right now but I still take classes every Friday and Saturday at summer school.

#struggleisrealz :sweatdrop:

|ThyLuigi|
08-04-2015, 04:47 AM

Wut.
You're like the youngest forumer ever.

DahUnikorn
08-04-2015, 05:11 AM

I was homeschooled from 4th grade to 7th grade. I had a tutor for all subjects, for 7 hours a day (7:00 AM-2:00 PM). My parents decided to let me go back in 8th grade to learn about the birds and bees in Health if you know what I mean. Also for this big test you need in your report card to have a "reputation" to high school teachers my parents said. Being homeschooled may not have all the imformation you have get in normal/private schools, but I loved being homeschooled. I was bullied when I was gifted, and I was a young age. I really need the comfort of my parents and that's when the homeschooling started. After my scheduled "classes" my tutor had to text/call my parents giving me permission to play on my Ninentdo and Gameboy. Good times back then. :yeah: