View Full Version : *sigh*

craft3d
08-05-2015, 12:10 AM
I just scrolled through General Chat...about 80% of the threads were either
A) Scams
B) How to stay away from scams
C) Dumb questions
D) Quitting

And the rest were just random threads that were slightly better. I honestly cannot deal with the influx of new forumers.

Bejewled
08-05-2015, 12:11 AM
I feel ya man

Vallvina
08-05-2015, 12:14 AM
A) Scams
C) Dumb questions
D) Quitting

And the rest were just random threads that were slightly better. I honestly cannot deal with the influx of new forumers.

Where in the hell did you get quitting from?

Besides, isn't that what general chat is for?
For Growtopia chat, and questions?

craft3d
08-05-2015, 03:12 AM
Where in the hell did you get quitting from?

Besides, isn't that what general chat is for?
For Growtopia chat, and questions?

I expected a person from 2015 to reply here.

It's the fact that the newer players are spamming it with the same repetitive bullshit that makes this thread.

Growtopia Chat is for Growtopia Chat, not questions about Growtopia. That's where the Bugs Sub-Forum comes into play.

Vallvina
08-05-2015, 03:34 AM

It's the fact that the newer players are spamming it with the same repetitive bullshit that makes this thread.

Growtopia Chat is for Growtopia Chat, not questions about Growtopia. That's where the Bugs Sub-Forum comes into play.

The bugs sub-forum is for bugs, reports, and problems with the game, dillweed.

Any questions about the game belong in the GENERAL (of, relating to, or affecting all the people or things in a group : involving or including many or most people) chat.

Repetitive bullshit? Oh please, some of you old forumers are starting to look like egotistical brats who whine and complain about the newbies.

syrup
08-05-2015, 03:35 AM
where's my chipotle

Vallvina
08-05-2015, 03:38 AM
A) Scams
C) Dumb questions
D) Quitting

http://itsfunny.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/How-guys-should-open-doors-for-girls.jpg

Rockytop
08-05-2015, 03:39 AM
Yep, these threads are getting pointless..

..AGAIN :mad:

MyLegGuy
08-05-2015, 03:39 AM
Well, I think Growtopia is mostly populated by 8 year olds.

Vallvina
08-05-2015, 03:40 AM
Isn't that what the forums are for? Doesn't matter whether people are continuously making drama, farewell, or any other threads. Some people don't extend to the intelligence level that we wish them to, they ask stupid questions, so what? Simply ignore the thread and go onto looking for better ones.

The forums are for people to post what they wish to. Why do you think Seth and Hamumu made sub forums? For people to discuss anything they wish to, if you don't like that the forums don't have positive posts, simply ignore the negative ones, and move onto the positive.

If I'm correct, many others complain about what these forums contain nowadays, so you're just doing the exact same thing you wish many other forums not to do. Ironic isn't it? If you don't find these forums as a place for you, you can simply leave. Good day. :hat:

ty baeeeee <3

You said it better than I did, stole my thoughts, even.

Rockytop
08-05-2015, 03:41 AM
Well, I think Growtopia is mostly populated by 8 year olds.

I discovered most forumers are actually in there early 10's and some in their late 10's. Weird..

Vallvina
08-05-2015, 03:43 AM
Beat me to it.

Nah man, you said it better.

iCashGT
08-05-2015, 03:48 AM
That's why I left, lmao.

Those who joined at about March 2015 and above are just making this place spoiled

Vallvina
08-05-2015, 03:49 AM
That's why I left, lmao.

Those who joined at about March 2015 and above are just making this place spoiled
LMFAO ^^^^

I'm sorry Grow Nightmare, I wanna resist but I'll try though.

craft3d
08-05-2015, 05:08 AM
Isn't that what the forums are for? Doesn't matter whether people are continuously making drama, farewell, or any other threads. Some people don't extend to the intelligence level that we wish them to, they ask stupid questions, so what? Simply ignore the thread and go onto looking for better ones.

The forums are for people to post what they wish to. Why do you think Seth and Hamumu made sub forums? For people to discuss anything they wish to, if you don't like that the forums don't have positive posts, simply ignore the negative ones, and move onto the positive.

If I'm correct, many others complain about what these forums contain nowadays, so you're just doing the exact same thing you wish many other forumers not to do. Ironic isn't it? If you don't find these forums as a place for you, you can simply leave. Good day. :hat:

I am arguing with each paragraph starting with 1.

Okay, ignoring the thread is one thing, but when you post a thread and it gets bumped down by a bunch of other dumb questions that could be answered by reading the rules, is that still count as ignoring it?

2. I don't really understand what you meant here. I wasn't talking about postitve/negative factor here, I was talking about spammy posts. Also, suppose I answer your question with a question:Why did Seth and Hamumu make the rules stickies?

3.Errm, about 20%< of the threads in a day actually contain complaining about the forums so I don't know where you got that from. And I'll stay here, because I have tolerated it now, and I will continue doing so.

- - - Updated - - -

The bugs sub-forum is for bugs, reports, and problems with the game, dillweed.

Any questions about the game belong in the GENERAL (of, relating to, or affecting all the people or things in a group : involving or including many or most people) chat.

Repetitive bullshit? Oh please, some of you old forumers are starting to look like egotistical brats who whine and complain about the newbies.

Did you seriously call me a dillweed? What the actual ****, lol?

Yes, I agree that those are general topics but my point is that these have been already answered, no one can help for the scams, and it is pointless.

Again, you have been here for a month so you haven't seen the past of the forums.

raqk
08-05-2015, 05:09 AM

Yup, people can hate on me for saying this (mainly people joining in 2015), but I tend to have a lesser opinion of the person right of the bat after seeing their join date. Don't get me wrong, there are some great people from 2015, it's just that majority.

Vallvina
08-05-2015, 05:13 AM

Okay, ignoring the thread is one thing, but when you post a thread and it gets bumped down by a bunch of other dumb questions that could be answered by reading the rules, is that still count as ignoring it?

2. I don't really understand what you meant here. I wasn't talking about postitve/negative factor here, I was talking about spammy posts. Also, suppose I answer your question with a question:Why did Seth and Hamumu make the rules stickies?

3.Errm, about 20%< of the threads in a day actually contain complaining about the forums so I don't know where you got that from. And I'll stay here, because I have tolerated it now, and I will continue doing so.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I agree that those are general topics but my point is that these have been already answered, no one can help for the scams, and it is pointless.

Again, you have been here for a month so you haven't seen the past of the forums.

Lol.

Yeah, I did.

Oh I've seen the past of the forums, I've lurked these forums for a while now (2 years lol).
Up until I made this account.

craft3d
08-05-2015, 07:59 AM
Lol.

Yeah, I did.

Oh I've seen the past of the forums, I've lurked these forums for a while now (2 years lol).
Up until I made this account.

Doesn't everyone say they lurk around for 2 years then coincedentally join now?

VladmirTootn
08-05-2015, 08:03 AM
Add this to the list.

E) People complaining about threads.

26FtW26
08-05-2015, 11:59 AM
+1 to OP

I completely agree with craft3d.
The idiots who can't read the stickies should be banned, but I guess Sethmumu want liberty above all to -7 year olds.

Why would a person complain about this? Because the people who makes those sh*tty excuses for threads are massacring the threads that are actually worth reading.

craft3d
08-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Add this to the list.

E) People complaining about threads.

Yes because I go into General Chat, see 1 complaining thread, and automatically it's a significant amount?

Vallvina
08-05-2015, 10:06 PM
Doesn't everyone say they lurk around for 2 years then coincedentally join now?

Where in the hell did you get 'everyone' from?

Besides, it's no coincidence, how in the hell would it even be one?

- - - Updated - - -

+1 to OP

I completely agree with craft3d.
The idiots who can't read the stickies should be banned, but I guess Sethmumu want liberty above all to -7 year olds.

Why would a person complain about this? Because the people who makes those sh*tty excuses for threads are massacring the threads that are actually worth reading.

^^LOL

This is the epitome of all grumpy, and snotty forumers.

craft3d
08-05-2015, 10:19 PM
Where in the hell did you get 'everyone' from?

Besides, it's no coincidence, how in the hell would it even be one?

- - - Updated - - -

^^LOL

Sorry but saying hell twice is not insulting.

Well, I hear some of the new people say "I've been around for 1/2 years" or "I've been lurking around" so yeah.

I honestly have to say I don't know why I said that.

Vallvina
08-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Sorry but saying hell twice is not insulting.

Well, I hear some of the new people say "I've been around for 1/2 years" or "I've been lurking around" so yeah.

I honestly have to say I don't know why I said that.

And you're implying that I was trying to insult you, because?

What an idiotic, and horrible implication.

And, let me guess, you've only heard around 2 people say it, including me?

SCOOBYDOOFAN
08-05-2015, 10:24 PM
I really don't want to get into this thread but I'll state a couple of my thoughts. First to most of the 2015 members, you guys have no respect. You are supposed to respect the older forumers as we all did when we fist joined. Have you ever of the saying, "Respect your elders". Well we are all your elders so we should be respected. That being said we should also respect you. But when you make useless threads or ones that have been posted in the past it's hard to keep the respect at all times. See this may be a forums, but there is still rules. One is not to make useless and spammy threads, and this includes repeating threads that have been posted in the past. As well as posting scam threads, hacking threads, etc. if you have anymore questions about this specific issue click the link in my signature below.

I myself am not much of an old forumer, I came here September 2014. But I still understand a lot more then the 2015 members do. You see before 2015, things were different. Spammy threads were not as common, they were still there but just not as commonly seen. But as 2015 rolled around the spammy threads came up more and more. The old forumers just aren't used to the spammy threads because it's not how we grew up. The 2015 grew up with it, but the oldies just haven';t adjusted to us.

I don't think the old forumers should have to adjust it to it though. The new forumers should have to change their ways to follow the rules. If they change the forums becomes a better place, no more spam, no more arguments like this, etc. But the new forumers have become stubborn about this issue as well as the old forumers. We all have to work together to get back to how things should be, a forums without spam.

That's all I have to say at the moment.

26FtW26
08-05-2015, 10:25 PM
^^LOL

^^^

This is the epitome of all the morons who don't even themselves know, what they're trying to accomplish.
I've clearly won this argument. The moment that someone gives up and insults start to come up their sh**ter, that's when you know you've won.

I actually made a point. All you've done is *PROTECT* spammers and, for some insane reason, fail to understand that EVERYONE should read the stickies before attempting to do ANYTHING in GGC.

Why are you still trying to argue with common sense?

Vallvina
08-05-2015, 10:26 PM
I really don't want to get into this thread but I'll state a couple of my thoughts. First to most of the 2015 members, you guys have no respect. You are supposed to respect the older forumers as we all did when we fist joined. Have you ever of the saying, "Respect your elders". Well we are all your elders so we should be respected. That being said we should also respect you. But when you make useless threads or ones that have been posted in the past it's hard to keep the respect at all times. See this may be a forums, but there is still rules. One is not to make useless and spammy threads, and this includes repeating threads that have been posted in the past. As well as posting scam threads, hacking threads, etc. if you have anymore questions about this specific issue click the link in my signature below.

I myself am not much of an old forumer, I came here September 2014. But I still understand a lot more then the 2015 members do. You see before 2015, things were different. Spammy threads were not as common, they were still there but just not as commonly seen. But as 2015 rolled around the spammy threads came up more and more. The old forumers just aren't used to the spammy threads because it's not how we grew up. The 2015 grew up with it, but the oldies just haven';t adjusted to us.

I don't think the old forumers should have to adjust it to it though. The new forumers should have to change their ways to follow the rules. If they change the forums becomes a better place, no more spam, no more arguments like this, etc. But the new forumers have become stubborn about this issue as well as the old forumers. We all have to work together to get back to how things should be, a forums without spam.

I have plenty of respect, but no respect to any obnoxious, and snotty forumer.

SCOOBYDOOFAN
08-05-2015, 10:29 PM
I have plenty of respect, but no respect to any obnoxious, and snotty forumer.

But you see this is the issue. You have to give a little to get a little. If you respect all forumers they respect you. Be the bigger man and take charge by respecting everyone. even if they are obnoxious. Not everyone's perfect some are nosy, snotty, annoying but they need to be respected. If you want people to respect you, you have to respect them.

Vallvina
08-05-2015, 10:32 PM
^^^

This is the epitome of all the morons who don't even themselves know, what they're trying to accomplish.
I've clearly won this argument. The moment that someone gives up and insults start to come up their sh**ter, that's when you know you've won.

I actually made a point. All you've done is *PROTECT* spammers and, for some insane reason, fail to understand that EVERYONE should read the stickies before attempting to do ANYTHING in GGC.

Why are you still trying to argue with common sense?
Oh please, I'm pretty sure I know myself better than some random idiot on the internet.

Also, way to make yourself sound like a complete idiot, steal my words, even.

And what argument have you won?

You're nothing but a baffoon, not a very successful one at that.
Please, all you're managing to accomplish is, implication, and implication.

Common sense? Who says I'm defending the spammers? That wasn't my point.

And if you don't get my point, then why even bother biting back like some type of butthurt 5 year old?

- - - Updated - - -

But you see this is the issue. You have to give a little to get a little. If you respect all forumers they respect you. Be the bigger man and take charge by respecting everyone. even if they are obnoxious. Not everyone's perfect some are nosy, snotty, annoying but they need to be respected. If you want people to respect you, you have to respect them.

I hear ya' man, I actually respect most forumers.

And I receive it back as well.

26FtW26
08-05-2015, 10:32 PM

Finally someone who is able to deliver the opposite point in a manner that contains sense.

While yes, I understand that it's important to respect the new users as they respect the "elders," I still don't get why such a huge portion of them never fail to disobey the rules of the forums...
There are 2-3(?; didnt check) stickies with points regarding to using the search bar so you don't clog up GGC.

The thing I don't understand, is why Sethmumu decide to just let the Growtopia sub-forums rot like that.
They could be telling mods to give the people who disobey the stickies warnings (not Infractions, warnings. There's a difference).
If you don't know, a warning is literally a warning. I once got a warning for making a joke about violence. Then, I knew that I shouldn't make jokes about violence.

Now, if the mods were giving out warnings for not using the search bar, I bet it'd make a huge difference.

*drops mic*

Vallvina
08-05-2015, 10:34 PM
Alright, to all of you who have been going back and forth with me.

I'm sorry I'm acting like such a dog, let's discuss this in a civilized manner, if you will.

Respect me, and I'll gladly respect you without a problem.

SCOOBYDOOFAN
08-05-2015, 10:36 PM

I'm sorry I'm acting like such a dog, let's discuss this in a civilized manner, if you will.

Yes I agree. There must be a way that we can discuss our opinion without going into a complete argument war.

Vallvina
08-05-2015, 10:36 PM
Yes I agree. There must be a way that we can discuss our opinion without going into a complete argument war.

Yep.

I can't stand anybody like this, but the least I'll do is respect em'.

Not really that hard to do atm.

26FtW26
08-05-2015, 10:37 PM
Oh please, I'm pretty sure I know myself better than some random idiot on the internet.

Also, way to make yourself sound like a complete idiot, steal my words, even.

And what argument have you won?

You're nothing but a baffoon, not a very successful one at that.
Please, all you're managing to accomplish is, implication, and implication.

Common sense? Who says I'm defending the spammers? That wasn't my point.

And if you don't get my point, then why even bother biting back like some type of butthurt 5 year old?

2.5/3 of your post was insults. Should I congratulate you? You just helped me.

Who says you're defending the spammers? Me, and my flawed but working logic.

What I am trying to make you understand here, is that there is a search bar that is free to use for all users. They don't have to make more threads that clog up the sub-forum.

SpeedFreakz
08-05-2015, 10:39 PM
Yea there is alot of annoying threads in general chat.

Vallvina
08-05-2015, 10:41 PM

What I am trying to make you understand here, is that there is a search bar that is free to use for all users. They don't have to make more threads that clog up the sub-forum.

Yeah, refer to the post I made not long ago.

Sure, there may be a search bar.

But what is wrong with asking questions on the forums?

Are you upset that it isn't all happy-nappy as it used to be?

Man, change occurs all the time. Whether you like it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

And no I'm not defending the spammers, your logic is not right, man.

So what you're saying is that just because I dislike these types of forumers, I automatically defend the spammers?

RexStar
08-05-2015, 10:43 PM
Well thare is a question I've been meaning to ask for a long time...
What does actually go in general chat?

SCOOBYDOOFAN
08-05-2015, 10:44 PM
Can we please not continue on this argument, we just ended it. I'll end it now (hopefully), the search bar is to search for previously posted threads. You can post a thread similar to one that has been posted in the past but by posting numerous of the same thread it gets out of hand. Now for the second part, change always happen. But this change is not for the best, it's turning in the wrong direction.

Let's end this now, and move on with our lives.

Vallvina
08-05-2015, 10:45 PM
Can we please not continue on this argument, we just ended it. I'll end it now (hopefully), the search bar is to search for previously posted threads. You can post a thread similar to one that has been posted in the past but by posting numerous of the same thread it gets out of hand. Now for the second part, change always happen. But this change is not for the best, it's turning in the wrong direction.

Let's end this now, and move on with our lives.

Well, alright lmfao.

26FtW26
08-05-2015, 10:50 PM
Yeah, refer to the post I made not long ago.

Sure, there may be a search bar.

But what is wrong with asking questions on the forums?

Are you upset that it isn't all happy-nappy as it used to be?

Man, change occurs all the time. Whether you like it or not.

And no I'm not defending the spammers, your logic is not right, man.

So what you're saying is that just because I dislike these types of forumers, I automatically defend the spammers?

1. What's so wrong about asking questions? Well, the fact that you are pushing down threads that are actually worth reading to the average non-minimod forumer.

2. Of course change occurs. More people join the forum every week. But, the thing that hasn't changed is the rules, and that's what really matters.

3. Okay, maybe I said it incorrectly. Maybe you aren't defending the spammers. Rather, you just look at it from a different angle so you don't understand what I am trying to point out.

If you want to, we can end the argument here.

Vallvina
08-05-2015, 10:53 PM
1. What's so wrong about asking questions? Well, the fact that you are pushing down threads that are actually worth reading to the average non-minimod forumer.

2. Of course change occurs. More people join the forum every week. But, the thing that hasn't changed is the rules, and that's what really matters.

3. Okay, maybe I said it incorrectly. Maybe you aren't defending the spammers. Rather, you just look at it from a different angle so you don't understand what I am trying to point out.

If you want to, we can end the argument here.

1. Well, it happens. And there's no way to deal with it atm.
So I guess, deal with it? Or you can just request a rule change, or start a forum petition? I don't know..

2. Agreed.

3. I think we may be on completely different pages here, you have a different angle of my point.
And so do I.

craft3d
08-05-2015, 10:59 PM

I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have made this because I'm complaining about a useless matter. I will try hard to respect you, but I can only tolerate so much.

Vallvina
08-05-2015, 11:00 PM
I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have made this because I'm complaining about a useless matter. I will try hard to respect you, but I can only tolerate so much.

It's all good bro, it happens, right?

craft3d
08-05-2015, 11:35 PM
It's all good bro, it happens, right?

Yeah .

Refuz
08-05-2015, 11:54 PM

- - - Updated - - -

me watching these fights and arguements

http://i.imgur.com/DKJhx9l.gif

fiona
08-06-2015, 12:03 AM
I don't even look at the sub-forums lol.
I just go to new posts.

Ritzy
08-06-2015, 12:06 AM
Well Im a 2015 former and Im proud..... I dont care if people hate on 2015 formers, Im proud of the things Ive done for the community.

I do understand why many people dont like the new formers, many of them just are desperate to become or meet a mod....

- - - Updated - - -

I don't even look at the sub-forums lol.
I just go to new posts.

Haha, Ik. The only time I go to a sub forum is when Im making a thread, I usually dont make threads because I dont usually have much to say about my own problems...