PDA

View Full Version : Plea for 2 new forum rules.

Bejewled
08-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Its just so annoying how half the forums dont contain anything good anything anymore, so i propose 2 new rules.
You cant bump a thread unless you are actually adding something to the thread and
No duplicate threads E.g New Update comes out, dont make 50 threads or Wizard Staff, same thing, just keep it in one thread

Feedback?

SwafGaming
08-07-2015, 12:48 PM
they didnt listen to mods why would they listen to you? :crazy:

PannyFlan
08-07-2015, 12:55 PM
they didnt listen to mods why would they listen to you? :crazy:

Moderator thread : We should have a new forum rule, than everyone gonna reply as quickly as possible.

Normal Forumer : We should have a new forum rule, everyone ignore this.

Kk, now to the topic, I would say maybe 1 - 3 bumps is okay, but anything more than that need to be something added to your idea of thread.
You don't know when people gonna post at the same time though, and it will cost more clean up and perhaps infractions for duplication thread.

PolarisHD
08-07-2015, 12:56 PM
I agree with the "duplicate threads" rule, but not with the "bump" rule.

What if a thread had a potential for a discussion, but other people kept on replying to useless/spam threads, which leads to the thread getting completely ignored?

What about the Marketplace and the World Collab sub-forums? What are you going to do to keep your thread alive?

IMO, bumping is really helpful in keeping your thread alive and shouldn't be against the forum rules. A better suggestion would be the mods being (very) strict about the "No spam threads" rule and using the search bar before making a thread.

Bejewled
08-07-2015, 12:58 PM
I agree with the "duplicate threads" rule, but not with the "bump" rule.

What if a thread had a potential for a discussion, but other people kept on replying to useless/spam threads, which leads to the thread getting completely ignored?

What about the Marketplace and the World Collab sub-forums? What are you going to do to keep your thread alive?

IMO, bumping is really helpful in keeping your thread alive and shouldn't be against the forum rules. A better suggestion would be the mods being (very) strict about the "No spam threads" rule and using the search bar before making a thread.

Yeah i agree with the search bar, its just annoying when people cant take a hint that no one is interested after they bump the thread 12 times.
You should at least delete your last bump after every bump

GummiBear64
08-07-2015, 01:00 PM
Yeah i agree with the search bar, its just annoying when people cant take a hint that no one is interested after they bump the thread 12 times.
You should at least delete your last bump after every bump

But the post count be needing to rise.

Its ok, I delete my previous bump when I bump.

Christopher
08-07-2015, 05:36 PM
Waiting 120 seconds to make another post is already enough

Hans
08-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Its just so annoying how half the forums dont contain anything good anything anymore, so i propose 2 new rules.
You cant bump a thread unless you are actually adding something to the thread and
No duplicate threads E.g New Update comes out, dont make 50 threads or Wizard Staff, same thing, just keep it in one thread

Feedback?

I agree with the second one.

Other forums do not allow a thread of the same topic (unless it's a sub-thread of the certain topic), they only allow up until 5. Though, they won't listen because typical RTsoft people don't know the 'harsh' environment and embellish the RTsoft rules as 'strict'. lol no. Plus, they abuse freedom.

just one growtopian
08-07-2015, 06:15 PM
Bumping isn't bad if you don't do it like every 5 minutes.

DeathSkull
08-07-2015, 06:21 PM

Feedback?

You should only be able to bump a thread every 12 or 24 hours.

GummiBear64
08-07-2015, 11:33 PM
You should only be able to bump a thread every 12 or 24 hours.

That's kinda already a thing, however people bump it whenever they please.

Boomer
08-08-2015, 12:01 AM
That's kinda already a thing, however people bump it whenever they please.

I try to bump between 12-24 hours, but if my thread gets buried quickly Ill do it after 6.

raqk
08-08-2015, 03:21 AM
Bumps are ok, unless it's more than three or so. Also, duplicate threads could be difficult to manage, especially since, especially during updates, people rush to make threads and don't see those made by others.