PDA

View Full Version : Things to do without the internet? - STRICT PARENTS

PannyFlan
08-08-2015, 12:18 AM
I have nothing to do, but the internet and it been like this ever since I got my first laptop.
My parents are strict, and here the list I can't do.
Here is als things I DON'T want you guys to suggest me.
- Games
- The Internet
Now here is things I can't do.
- Read : We don't have any good books, and I could only read things online...
- Study : It gonna be impossible to study with my siblings around, and I have no idea where to start studying since I never study before...
- Sleep : No.
- Play outside or take a walk : I can't go outside, my parents don't let me. They are overprotective.
- Go to friend house : Nope, my parents don't trust them.
- Craft, paint, draw : I can't craft and paint because my parents complain it get messy and it be a pain to clean up, when I can clean things up on my own but they don't trust me. I can't draw on paper, and I can't draw on my laptop because my nib is broken so I'm getting a new pen tomorrow.
- TV : We got no good channels.
- Eat : I'm on a diet.
- Cook or bake : I can only bake at other people houses or when my parents are cooking something big.
- Shop : Don't get me started on this.
- Experience new make up or hairstyles : My parents hate them, which is why I'm a plain girl.

Can't think anything else right now, but can anyone recommend me something to do?
I would also like to do something healthy aswell.

Bejewled
08-08-2015, 12:23 AM
You don't have offline games in case of emergency?

PannyFlan
08-08-2015, 12:24 AM

I don't wanna play games ._.

SpeedFreakz
08-08-2015, 12:25 AM
Thug lyfe.

Your parents are strict to you that's sad.

LolDawn
08-08-2015, 01:01 AM
Why can't you draw on paper? You don't have paper?
But overprotective parents are quite weird. Not much of an essence, because once you understand and induce maturity levels, you can handle things by yourself. It's nice to have parents, helping you and without them, you don't exist. Strict parents take this to the next level. I don't see why not having rules, you have freedom when you abide by them. All-in-all, I see where you're coming from, but to do what you like, just talk to them about it. If they yell at you, tell them sorry for bringing it up in the first place. Don't argue with them.

Carlo Miguel Velasco
08-08-2015, 01:04 AM
If you play any instruments, download some PDF files then try to play them. That usually kills me alot of time.

If there's really nothing to do, become crazy till your parents realize what internet has done to you and remove it completely. Lol.

GAMEFREAK
08-08-2015, 01:19 AM
You can always exercise/work out, that's something I do in the mornings and time flies man. You can try and get a six pack, it's really not that hard. :crazy:

SuperJ
08-08-2015, 01:23 AM
Here's what I would do.

I would ask my parents if I could talk to them and I would tell them exactly how I feel about them being over protective.

Don't worry, you're not the only one with over protective parents. I saw this 11 year old kid go to a play ground with a walky talky with his mom on the other line at home, making sure he was ok. His house is across the street.

mokky
08-08-2015, 01:26 AM
Play with yourself 🌚

Magicalfishy
08-08-2015, 01:34 AM
Buy a kindle and load it with Sherlock Holmes and manga like me. :p

MyLegGuy
08-08-2015, 01:43 AM
You should learn to program and then make games. That's super fun.

Fear not, you're not missing out on anything by not going outside. There's nothing to do outside anyway.
Studying is more boring than anything imagniable. One time I tried to study for a spanish test, I lasted for 5 minutes before I had to stop. It was to boring.

grapezzzz19
08-08-2015, 01:50 AM
makes some counterfeit pokemon cards and play with your siblings

ElectroDream
08-08-2015, 02:01 AM
Eh, if I were you I would mess the bathroom by shooting all the insects wandering by with my shower. :crazy:

It does kill my time if my wi-fi is dead.

VladmirTootn
08-08-2015, 02:04 AM
Jesus....

Do your parents wrap you up in bubble wrap so you don't get a scratch?

You need to talk to them because what hey are doing is plain stupid.

Refuz
08-08-2015, 02:19 AM
I have nothing to do, but the internet and it been like this ever since I got my first laptop.

- Study : It gonna be impossible to study with my siblings around, and I have no idea where to start studying since I never study before...
- Play outside or take a walk : I can't go outside, my parents don't let me. They are overprotective.
- Craft, paint, draw : I can't craft and paint because my parents complain it get messy and it be a pain to clean up, when I can clean things up on my own but they don't trust me. I can't draw on paper, and I can't draw on my laptop because my nib is broken so I'm getting a new pen tomorrow.
- Cook or bake : I can only bake at other people houses or when my parents are cooking something big.
- Experience new make up or hairstyles : My parents hate them, which is why I'm a plain girl.

Can't think anything else right now, but can anyone recommend me something to do?

we have the same parents, all of the stuff they allow and don't allow you to do is same like me, when o can't play I practice my table tennis stuff. :sweatdrop:

Devilrule
08-08-2015, 03:14 AM
Think About Growtopia.
Lol.
I Always Use That.
If You Are Famous Or Pro.

Aquarious
08-08-2015, 04:44 AM
Gosh, not being able to go outside or to a friends house? I can understand why your parents are doing this, but that's pretty harsh.
Like SuperJ said, you should try talking it over with your parents. Not in a rebellious sort of way, but try negotiating something that both your parents and you can agree on.

---
Some suggestions I have:

- Try learning a new language
- Work on handwriting (idk)
- Dance
- Sing
- Exercise
- Housework
- Sort/Rearrange your room (kinda a last resort thing)

Muscleman
08-08-2015, 04:53 AM
I go on frequent bike rides around town when I'm bored.

Joshua Tan
08-08-2015, 06:23 AM
All I do when theres no internet is I try to find a offline game in my device but if all of my offline games are boring I just lie down

Bob Will
08-08-2015, 07:33 AM
I understand where you are comming from, my parents were extreamly strict, especially my dad.
Him being a Police Officer, he knew the ugliness of the world.

All I can say, is keep dreaming and thinking of things, draw the ideas.

Expand on what is available around you, you may find something else you like.

Join some school clubs, if possible.

Try to find a Police stations Explorer program, keeps you busy with police stuff, and helps you develop leadership and social skills.
I am currently the oldest post member ( not by age,but by seniority)
http://www.goodyearaz.gov/government/police-department/community-services/explorer-program

Police stuff is kinda my lean back career wise, but this program could be very useful to you.
Just keep finding something that you really like to do, and learn how to use it to connect to people.

Maybe try developing your drawing skills and expand your styles if you have an interest in animation

I usually kept dreaming of things and imagining to pass the time. As you get older your parents will begin to realize that you are able to do things on your own.

Orrrrrr you can write them a note, or talk to them on how this is bothering you, on how they just wont let you breathe, and express yourself.

To be honest, talking with your parents wont hurt :P

TheWizard
08-08-2015, 07:39 AM
I think i'd buy a router

L3thalHunter
08-08-2015, 08:14 AM
Your parents dont trust your friends? Ouch.. Thats a life hard to live with?

Bruce Wayne
08-08-2015, 08:24 AM
Try to lick your elbow.

lukj2001
08-08-2015, 08:25 AM
get a boyfriend
get a job
Ef A Pe
think of crazy profit ideas

MagicDragon
08-08-2015, 11:44 AM
xD my parents let me go on the streets ( we have a supermarket a cross the street ) so i go there get some stuff spend about an hour there come back My life

Hans
08-08-2015, 12:12 PM
Strict parents abuse their privilege of being a parent.

They think all their judgements are correct and should be followed by their children, hence, causing the child to be in-secured and fettered by their own isolation to the world of freedom because of their conceited parents. These stereotypical parents often most act like we're some kind of "thing" that they have all the rights on. We should obey our parents for it is our privilege, but that's just plain abuse. Yes, I know we should be thankful, but they're acting like we have a debt for giving us lives when they wanted it.

I feel sorry for you, and other people that have strict parents. My parents taught me these through their actions and sayings giving us freedom, thus, we do everything for them out of love - not out of toil.

ianCSzz
08-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Strict parents abuse their privilege of being a parent.

They think all their judgements are correct and should be followed by their children, hence, causing the child to be in-secured and fettered by their own isolation to the world of freedom because of their conceited parents. These stereotypical parents often most act like we're some kind of "thing" that they have all the rights on. We should obey our parents for it is our privilege, but that's just plain abuse. Yes, I know we should be thankful, but they're acting like we have a debt for giving us lives when they wanted it.

I feel sorry for you, and other people that have strict parents. My parents taught me these through their actions and sayings giving us freedom, thus, we do everything for them out of love - not out of toil.
What I thought when I read the OP, but in better wordings.

So yeah, I'd suggest, talk to your parents about those. Or you know, grab a paper and draw things or write a letter about how you feel.

PannyFlan
08-08-2015, 12:47 PM
I did that 2 years ago, and they pretty much read it and threw the paper away.
I tried talking to them, but they won't listen soooo...

Applez
08-08-2015, 12:50 PM
Convince your parents to buy a parenting book

ianCSzz
08-08-2015, 12:51 PM
What what what what whaaaaaaaaaaa--

I feel sorry about that. Have you tried talking to other family members, like uncles, grandmothers, or so? Maybe they could help you out.

Areodax
08-08-2015, 12:52 PM

There's no harm in trying anyways...

PannyFlan
08-08-2015, 12:54 PM
Okay, here is some things I might do to kill some free time.
- Learn a new language.
- Exercise ( Mght not do this since I'm lazy )
- Practice handwriting...
- Memorize recipes...
- I want more ._.
I also don't want game suggestion please...

- - - Updated - - -

What what what what whaaaaaaaaaaa--

I feel sorry about that. Have you tried talking to other family members, like uncles, grandmothers, or so? Maybe they could help you out.

I already did that too...
I'm not really asking this kind of question, I'm just asking what to do without the internet.

Applez
08-08-2015, 12:55 PM
Okay, here is some things I might do to kill some free time.
- Learn a new language.
- Exercise ( Mght not do this since I'm lazy )
- Practice handwriting...
- Memorize recipes...
- I want more ._.
I also don't want game suggestion please...

- - - Updated - - -

I already did that too...
I'm not really asking this kind of question, I'm just asking what to do without the internet.

Go to a place with internet and use it

PannyFlan
08-08-2015, 12:56 PM
Go to a place with internet and use it

I don't wanna be on the Internet, since I'm on it everyday.

Applez
08-08-2015, 12:57 PM
I don't wanna be on the Internet, since I'm on it everyday.

Then watch the news
Its more fun than you think

Or go out and buy Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

PannyFlan
08-08-2015, 12:58 PM
Then watch the news
Its more fun than you think

Or go out and buy Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

I know, expect I don't even think we got a news Channel and I don't wanna search the news on the Internet.
I also can't shop -3-

Applez
08-08-2015, 01:01 PM
I know, expect I don't even think we got a news Channel and I don't wanna search the news on the Internet.
I also can't shop -3-

Smash random things

DJSummertimes
08-08-2015, 01:02 PM
- Games
- The Internet

Become an engineer and try to find the problem with a broken item or toy around the house. Also you can open a toy or gadget you have no use for anymore and see how it works! :wave:

-DJSummertime :hat:

ianCSzz
08-08-2015, 01:02 PM
I also can't shop -3-
Make a masterpiece (or two) using Microsoft Paint.

PannyFlan
08-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Become an engineer and try to find the problem with a broken item or toy around the house. Also you can open a toy or gadget you have no use for anymore and see how it works! :wave:

-DJSummertime :hat:

Not gonna do toys, especially the one that my sister have... the creepy baby doll with broke voice.
Apparently my sister put red nail polish on the stomach and it look like the baby been stabbed.
Gadgets? I don't think there is anything broken or things we don't have in use in the house .-.
I would do this though, it sound fun and I can figure out new things.

WaterNice
08-08-2015, 01:06 PM
I Feel You Gurl T_T

BioTestificate
08-08-2015, 01:19 PM
Write a 49-chapter novel about your OTPs in the same universe/dystopian tragedies/forumer misadventures.
Clean up any clutter in your PC. Delete any old documents you might find in there (all the time, they blame me if I break any devices when it's their leftover junk that clearly breaks it down).
Learn HTML/CSS. You might own a domain name to post all your stuff.

Mossey822
08-08-2015, 01:24 PM
Wow, my parents are strict....But not THAT strict.

Hans
08-08-2015, 01:25 PM
Spend time being delusional, read books about anything you find interest in, make illogical equation nobody can answer and claim that it's the equation for time traveling?

I do this a lot. Especially being delusional and making the equation with no based experience lol.

smartsmile
08-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Spend time being delusional, read books about anything you find interest in, make illogical equation nobody can answer and claim that it's the equation for time traveling?

I do this a lot. Especially being delusional and making the equation with no based experience lol.

okay im guna maek equations kk

0/0*tk69=420

equtioan to find wiard travel

pls

Kranken
08-08-2015, 07:02 PM
Work out. kk

Trollrage
08-08-2015, 07:07 PM
My parents FORCE me to go outside. ._.

JokersEnigma
08-08-2015, 09:35 PM

0/0*tk69=420

pls

Er me Gerd u r geneeyus whare hef u ben :crazy:

- - - Updated - - -

Not gonna do toys, especially the one that my sister have... the creepy baby doll with broke voice.
Apparently my sister put red nail polish on the stomach and it look like the baby been stabbed.
Gadgets? I don't think there is anything broken or things we don't have in use in the house .-.
I would do this though, it sound fun and I can figure out new things.

How about collecting weird things you find around your house?
or if you're really bored how about playing a board game
or should i say bored games :crazy: badum tsss......

MyLegGuy
08-08-2015, 09:46 PM

0/0*tk69=420

pls

Err - Divide by 0

Boomer
08-08-2015, 09:48 PM
Exterminate your parents. :cool:

meowza
08-08-2015, 10:02 PM
- Games
- The Internet

SAME! I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I just beg my parents to take me to the movies or something lol

ASAD
08-08-2015, 10:03 PM

I sometimes do that and share these stuff with my Siblings and my grandfather, they think I'm stupid and say that I'm never gonna progress in life : (
And some of these are even logical.

wooper_gt
08-08-2015, 10:18 PM

Daydream, its so fun.:hat::crazy:

PannyFlan
08-09-2015, 01:15 PM
Daydream, its so fun.:hat::crazy:

I only do that when I want to sleep.