PDA

View Full Version : D-mod

05-12-2004, 12:12 AM
I downloaded the life of an SCV d-mod, bur it doesnt show up on the D-mod play thingy. DinkEnd or whatever...

Simeon
05-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Well, in case you've installed it correctly (D-Mod's files in a directory in C:/Program Files/Dink Smalllwood or where you installed the game), it'll appear in the FrontEnd. However, in case the D-Mod doesn't have a Dmod.diz file, DinkFrontEnd will simply show the directory name. Or, you're looking for the D-Mod but the name in the Dmod.diz file starts with a different character. The full name of the D-Mod is Adventures of Ed the SCV (The), so it could appear as (it'll only appear as one, I just don't have it here to check it myself):

The Adventures of Ed the SCV
Adventures of Ed the SCV (The)

Just look through the entire list to see if there isn't something with Ed the SCV in it, that should be the one.

In case it really isn't in the list, check if you've installed it correctly.

05-12-2004, 11:56 PM
umm, i only have the two origional games in it, so i dont think i cant find it...

Simeon
05-13-2004, 07:00 AM
Then you should check if you've installed it correctly. It's the first D-Mod you wanted to install, so it could be that it isn't installed correctly. You need to install D-Mod like the two other D-Mods (dink and mystery). To install a D-Mod, you should do it as follows (simply putting the zipfile in a directory won't work):

1) Download the D-Mod (duh)
2) Create a new directory in C:\Program Files\Dink Smallwood (or where you installed Dink Smallwood)
3) Unzip all the files in the zipfile in that directory
4) It'll appear in the DinkFrontEnd list, with either the name of the directory or the name of the D-Mod specified in the included Dmod.diz file.

This works for the D-Mod you downloaded in a zipfile (most of the downloadable D-Mods).

If you installed it correctly, you should have C:\Program Files\Dink Smallwood\scv (or whatever you name the directory) with the files of the D-Mod (a graphics dir, a sound dir and a story dir) and various other files. Then it should work.

madgamer
08-15-2004, 12:23 AM
i think mine doesn't work properly cause when i press space, everything freezes.

Kat
08-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Maybe you should re-install the dmod?