PDA

View Full Version : Dink Smallwood 2

Marcus
12-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Dink Smallwood is one of the best games I've ever played. It has a great story and a wonderful atmosphere...

Been waiting 10 years for Dink 2.

I'll wait 10 more if I have to.

Come on Seth, are you planning Dink 2 yet? :eek:

(bump this thread!)

Seth
12-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Hey Marcus,

I am interested in doing a Dink 2 and have completed a basic design for it, but.. there is this problem with timing... but someday. :)

Guyra
01-12-2009, 01:08 AM
Dink Smallwood 2 would be completely awesome!

Hey, Seth: If you decide to do it, and need some art stuff (http://guyra.deviantart.com/) done, I'll be more than happy to help out. ;)

Seth
01-13-2009, 02:12 AM
Nice art :)

Guyra
01-14-2009, 12:41 AM
Thanks. ;) In any case, I do hope you make a sequel. :D

Starclopsofish
02-12-2009, 03:33 AM
Hey Marcus,

I am interested in doing a Dink 2 and have completed a basic design for it, but.. there is this problem with timing... but someday. :)

Hmmm... design as in story or as in the engine? Either way, exciting :D

Seth
02-12-2009, 04:24 AM
The design is for both... the engine design may be bit outdated now though.. :sweatdrop:

Starclopsofish
02-13-2009, 06:11 AM
Have you thought about using Novashell?

Seth
02-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Assuming the designed stayed 2D, yeah I'd use Novashell for the base probably.

But full fledged RPG's are pretty draining to write, don't think I want to jump into that boat right now. :sweatdrop:

Starclopsofish
02-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Oh I don't blame ya, by all means take your time ;) But seriously Dink was one of my favorite games of all time. The community that developed around it was amazing. So many DMODs were made that basically embelished and further refined Dink as a character and established memes, etc. kind of like a Hivemind thing. It was great. A lot of creative people involved.

That's one reason I'm so excited about Novashell. If this community could be even a quarter of what the Dink community was, I'd be ecstatic. I even got into DMODing a bit myself, but never actually released anything. I spent a few months planning this huge turn-based RPG type adventure, but when I got into coding it....yeah it wasn't happening in the Dink Engine ;) Just initializing the character stats used up all my globals!

tl; dr

You're a great developer, and I hope you'll find the time to make a Dink 2 someday. Thanks for the hundreds of hours of fun I had!

BTW Guyra, those stills are great. What software do you use?

Guyra
02-18-2009, 03:13 PM
BTW Guyra, those stills are great. What software do you use?

Thank you! :) Basically, I paint most of my images in Photoshop. Using a Wacom Intuos 3, though I want to get me a Wacom Cintiq 12WX. ;)