PDA

View Full Version : Dang it!

Festivity
08-22-2015, 06:42 AM
First, I just cleaned my computer due to overheating issues.
Second, MY HDD IS FAILING
WTH WINDOWS
D:

Backing up is a pain in the neck. Plus I'm downloading a game which is at about 80 percent.
Seagate I blame you, I just bought this HDD 7 months ago D:

Comment
08-22-2015, 07:00 AM
I feel bad for you, aw.

na m8

peck
08-22-2015, 07:04 AM
First, I just cleaned my computer due to overheating issues.
Second, MY HDD IS FAILING
WTH WINDOWS
D:

Backing up is a pain in the neck. Plus I'm downloading a game which is at about 80 percent.
Seagate I blame you, I just bought this HDD 7 months ago D:

Yea your hdd failing and overheating is windows fault. I'd look into the newer SSD models that are estimated to last the human lifespan with no predicted failures.

Festivity
08-22-2015, 07:10 AM
Yea your hdd failing and overheating is windows fault. I'd look into the newer SSD models that are estimated to last the human lifespan with no predicted failures.

Next time, I'll buy Samsung SSD, for now I'll use Kingston, I heard it's cheap AND better than normal HDDs.

peck
08-22-2015, 07:12 AM
Don't tell me you walk around carrying the computer while it is turned on.
Or shifting the tower while it is turned on (When the hard disks are mounted vertically one small movement can cause a head crash).

Hitachi has never failed on me, and I heard Western Digital is better than Seagate.

He didn't say he did? Plus its kinda hard to carry a pc to a labor station when its plugged into the wall.

Festivity
08-22-2015, 07:12 AM
Don't tell me you walk around carrying the computer while it is turned on.
Or shifting the tower while it is turned on (When the hard disks are mounted vertically one small movement can cause a head crash).

My father uses helium filled HDDs that are supposed to resist head crashing.

I am currently backing up. I have 2774 Reallocated Sectors. Damn it, last time it was 2772, it's growing fast. Gotta go fast too then!

Festivity
08-22-2015, 07:16 AM
It could be a laptop, that isn't mentioned.

I'm using a desktop, what's the maximum of reallocated sectors? I feel like it's about to die within this day.

peck
08-22-2015, 07:26 AM
It could be a laptop, that isn't mentioned.

I generally don't find people referring to laptops as a tower. (When terms go as full tower- mid tower, micro tower, laptop not fitting in really)

Festivity
08-22-2015, 07:28 AM
So, guys, Mr. Hard Drive, is about to disappear, let us have a moment of silence. As this disease is incurable. May you rest in technology, Mr. Hard Drive, who only survived 6 months.

peck
08-22-2015, 07:34 AM
I was the one who mentioned tower :p

No wonder I could buy a 500GB seagate external drive for only $50 SGD (during a sale :rolleyes:)

- - - Updated - - -

Don't buy an SSD unless you want very good performance and plan to keep your computer over 15 years (and when you do go for a SLC SSD, not a MLC SSD)

Maybe its just me nitpicking, but it seemed as you were saying "dont tell me you were carrying the tower around" in which I responded the way I did ;p

Festivity
08-22-2015, 07:36 AM
I was the one who mentioned tower :p

No wonder I could buy a 500GB seagate external drive for only $50 SGD (during a sale :rolleyes:)

- - - Updated - - -

Don't buy an SSD unless you want very good performance and plan to keep your computer over 15 years (and when you do go for a SLC SSD, not a MLC SSD)

SLC SSDs are much cheaper, MLC SSDs have better life spans, but it's more expensive :c
Plus my parents won't buy me a Graphics Card, or anything related to components, unless I am the salutatorian, or valedictorian in class, which is hard since I have lots of rivals -.-

- - - Updated - - -

2780 REALLOCATED SECTORS, GOODBYE WORLD!!!

Festivity
08-22-2015, 07:39 AM
Nuu. MLC is cheaper and lasts much shorter.

Get a Hitachi or Western Digital HDD. Don't waste money on a SSD if you can't afford a bigger SLC, or plan to keep the computer for only 7-8 years before replacing the hard disk or buying another computer.

wait wat i got slc and mlc inverted
Anyways, I'll try. But I won't let me parents buy a CD-R King, I WILL REFUSE TO AFFORD IT.
I'll try to find one, but if not I'll have to buy a Seagate.... again -.-

Hans
08-22-2015, 07:43 AM
Its been 4 days since you were downloading hyperneptunia lmao

I couldve downloaded that within a day.

ILimeGreen
08-22-2015, 07:44 AM
I don't have comp ban anymoar! Lez play...

Festivity
08-22-2015, 07:46 AM
Its been 4 days since you were downloading hyperneptunia lmao

I couldve downloaded that within a day.

:P
I can't withstand boredom so I had to pause and play CS:GO
I can't play with over 200 ping.

Festivity
08-22-2015, 08:02 AM
Update, 33 dropped to 32... Gg, Bill Gates, gg.

ILimeGreen
08-22-2015, 08:05 AM
When can u play cs nub?

Hans
08-22-2015, 08:30 AM
:P
I can't withstand boredom so I had to pause and play CS:GO
I can't play with over 200 ping.

i can play until 400

not 500 pls i have witnessed what it can do