PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth to play pokemon?

Indicative
08-22-2015, 07:56 AM
I just downloaded GBA emulator on my PC.

I found out that Pokemon is the top rated game for GBA. Is it worth to download it? If yes, which version should I play?

atwistoffate
08-22-2015, 07:57 AM
League, just play League

Indicative
08-22-2015, 08:04 AM
League, just play League

League? Do you mean Pokemon Puzzle League (http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Puzzle_League)?

BioTestificate
08-22-2015, 08:18 AM
League? Do you mean Pokemon Puzzle League (http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Puzzle_League)?

He means this game (http://leagueoflegends.com/), I think.

Areodax
08-22-2015, 08:43 AM
As a 3rd Gen person, I'd play Emerald, or any Pokemon hacks out there. All of them are fun.

IceKane
08-22-2015, 11:39 AM

I found out that Pokemon is the top rated game for GBA. Is it worth to download it? If yes, which version should I play?

You've never played Pokemon before? Good thing you're getting a life. Just kidding.

Anyway, just as Aerodax said, Generation 3 is the best IMO. It has the best story among the games. Lol, this makes me want to play the remake Omega Ruby.

GummiBear64
08-22-2015, 12:20 PM
Stop! You're making the biggest mistake of your life. What you have to do is delete everything off of your laptop except Steam. Now, log on to Steam and search up Fallout 3. Buy it. Now search Skyrim. Buy it. Heck, while you're at it, pre order Fallout 4.
Now, close your curtains, shut the door, turn the lights off, only leave your room for food and hygenic purposes. Say farewell to your life because you'll be busy for the next few years.

Jeremy012
08-22-2015, 12:25 PM
Stop! You're making the biggest mistake of your life. What you have to do is delete everything off of your laptop except Steam. Now, log on to Steam and search up Fallout 3. Buy it. Now search Skyrim. Buy it. Heck, while you're at it, pre order Fallout 4.
Now, close your curtains, shut the door, turn the lights off, only leave your room for food and hygenic purposes. Say farewell to your life because you'll be busy for the next few years.

What?! Give Indicative a real game like AC unity, Watch dogs, or Sonic BOOM.

Not this.. Fallout or whatever they call it.

no hate pls

GummiBear64
08-22-2015, 12:35 PM
What?! Give Indicative a real game like AC unity, Watch dogs, or Sonic BOOM.

Not this.. Fallout or whatever they call it.

no hate pls

Watchdogs is classified as a game?

All you need is games from Bethesda, Lionhead Studios and Square Enix and your life is complete.

Fallout, Skyrim, Dishonored, Fable, Tomb Raider, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy.

dorie2739
08-22-2015, 12:44 PM
Lol guys. Why you became like staffs from IGN. Pokemon is 11/10 - ign GG

- - - Updated - - -

All you need is games from Bethesda, Lionhead Studios and Square Enix and your life is complete.

And Watchdogs is really good too. Has a nice story. Online? that's a different story. Everyone has different tastes on games.

Jeremy012
08-22-2015, 01:01 PM

...I like watch dogs

*puts up shield*

Lol guys. Why you became like staffs from IGN. Pokemon is 11/10 - ign GG

- - - Updated - - -

And Watchdogs is really good too. Has a nice story. Online? that's a different story. Everyone has different tastes on games.

i liked the 'invading' thing, pretty damn awesome and thrilling.

Juan Alfredo Guevara
08-22-2015, 04:05 PM
Alright, move along. I've been playing Pokémon since I was 4.

Generation 3 is easily on of the best, fairly behind Generation 5 and just behind generation IV. However, it is still trash, and it's only 2nd best because it started what we have now. It was the first with easily understandable graphics, and the first with cutscenes too. However, there is ONE and only ONE major problem.

It has 31-based IV's. It has EV training. That's great. But it still lack the major thing that leaves it behind those 2 generations is the Physical Special Split. That doesn't matter now, but will throw you out of a loop when you go into the next generations, or ifyou come from those into the newer ones.

Practically, the PS Split means that specific types will always use either on of those. For example, Electric types will use your Special Attack stat and the foe's Sp Defense. Even if the move is, say, Volt Tackle, wich one would suppose is a Physical attack.

OVer all, if you are going to emulate, Generation III is where it's at. However, remember that if you are moving on to Generation IV, V and VI.

Good luck!

Dodecagon
08-22-2015, 04:10 PM
Go play fire emblem 6/7/8 on your GBA it's really good. (if you're into strategy)

Juan Alfredo Guevara
08-22-2015, 04:13 PM
Go play fire emblem 6/7/8 on your GBA it's really good. (if you're into strategy)

I wouldn't do that if I were you. Sure, the games are pretty good, but recently they've started killing the franchise with muh waifu stuff. So you'll be dissappointed when you don't have the same stuff.

Also, obligatory stuff I forgot

EMULATION OF VIDEOGAMES YOU DO NOT HAVE IS ILLEGAL.

Good luck tho, they won't do a thing anyways.

Aram Sevag
08-22-2015, 04:16 PM
4th gen is the best IMO.

HGSS was indeed very good.

Gen 5 was decent.

I never played gen 6, but it looks pretty... bad.

I wouldn't do that if I were you. Sure, the games are pretty good, but recently they've started killing the franchise with muh waifu stuff. So you'll be dissappointed when you don't have the same stuff.

Also, obligatory stuff I forgot

EMULATION OF VIDEOGAMES YOU DO NOT HAVE IS ILLEGAL.

Good luck tho, they won't do a thing anyways.

I played a few hundred DS games on ROMs, it's ok.

Juan Alfredo Guevara
08-22-2015, 04:25 PM
4th gen is the best IMO.

HGSS was indeed very good.

Gen 5 was decent.

I never played gen 6, but it looks pretty... bad.

I played a few hundred DS games on ROMs, it's ok.

It is OK, but it's illegal nonetheless. Again, the won't do a thing about it, but have the piece of mind. I myself am nuzlocking a randomized emerald, then again I do have emerald of real.

And what are you talking about. Gen IV was good and all with the Sinnoh lore and the little things in HGSS but BW/2 takes the cake if you have both games. The storytelling is top tier.

Aram Sevag
08-22-2015, 04:30 PM
It is OK, but it's illegal nonetheless. Again, the won't do a thing about it, but have the piece of mind. I myself am nuzlocking a randomized emerald, then again I do have emerald of real.

And what are you talking about. Gen IV was good and all with the Sinnoh lore and the little things in HGSS but BW/2 takes the cake if you have both games. The storytelling is top tier.

Well, you have a point.

I didn't like BW really much, but BW2 made me change my mind because of the Pokewood and the tons of other fun activities to do. (forgot about Bw2)

I tried to play Ranger games, but it sucked bad on PC. Nothing is more precious than a classic R4 card :p

Hans
08-22-2015, 04:39 PM
Get yourself a GBA and PSP, man.

And a 3DS to play pokemon. It's real simple.

Juan Alfredo Guevara
08-22-2015, 04:47 PM
Get yourself a GBA and PSP, man.

And a 3DS to play pokemon. It's real simple.

GBAs are rare as hell, and so are the cartdriges. PSP sucks and it's only use it playing Patapon. 3DS aren't cheap and neither are the games.

Hans
08-22-2015, 05:32 PM
GBAs are rare as hell, and so are the cartdriges. PSP sucks and it's only use it playing Patapon. 3DS aren't cheap and neither are the games.

i still have GBA

and i still got like 100 of the orignial cartdriges

i has 6 pokemon cartridges too

and other based-pack all in 1 pick a game cartridges that have random games in them

i got PSP that has all patapon series some monster hunter games, tekken, more random games, this old naruto game and save data of games i have recently deleted that are near in the end-game so when i decide to download them again, i still have my progress.

and my 3ds have fery few games which i play only 3 in.

i dont have the connector so i can download games through my laptop. bad luck men

yea i was a real loner back then

i left my PSP and GBA in philippines tho and only got my 3ds here rite now cuz y not.

now i regret not bringing both of them

Juan Alfredo Guevara
08-22-2015, 05:42 PM
i still have GBA

and i still got like 100 of the orignial cartdriges

i has 6 pokemon cartridges too

and other based-pack all in 1 pick a game cartridges that have random games in them

i got PSP that has all patapon series some monster hunter games, tekken, more random games, this old naruto game and save data of games i have recently deleted that are near in the end-game so when i decide to download them again, i still have my progress.

and my 3ds have fery few games which i play only 3 in.

i dont have the connector so i can download games through my laptop. bad luck men

yea i was a real loner back then

i left my PSP and GBA in philippines tho and only got my 3ds here rite now cuz y not.

now i regret not bringing both of them

Yeah, if you had them when they came out those were dirt cheap. Just like when SNES cartridges came out they were cheap and they are now 100 bucks each, or when HGSS came out and it's now 130 bucks on eBay.

YOu don't find them anymore. They are either expensive or broken.

Hans
08-22-2015, 05:57 PM
tfw fallout

pokemon is boring af too much walking and pressing buttons in all the right places ok no

HESBACK

THE ONE IS BACK

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, if you had them when they came out those were dirt cheap. Just like when SNES cartridges came out they were cheap and they are now 100 bucks each, or when HGSS came out and it's now 130 bucks on eBay.

YOu don't find them anymore. They are either expensive or broken.

Wait, those things are that expensive?

Wow. Tough luck I couldn't see my precious for a year.

IceKane
08-22-2015, 05:57 PM
HESBACK

THE ONE IS BACK

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, those things are that expensive?

Wow. Tough luck I couldn't see my precious for a year.

Hans, http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?246017-OMG-Hamumu-is-a-scammer&p=1759060#post1759060

Them alibis doe...

Hans
08-22-2015, 05:59 PM
Who are you talking about lol

- - - Updated - - -

Do you even know what alibi means

YOU CANNOT HIDE FROM YOUR SERVANT.

Hans
08-22-2015, 06:01 PM
DAMN YOU I DONT KNOW WHO YOU ARE

I MUST REPORT THIS PHENOMENON TO JOSHIE!!11!!!1

Juan Alfredo Guevara
08-22-2015, 06:14 PM
tfw fallout

pokemon is boring af too much walking and pressing buttons in all the right places ok no

It is boring until you get into competitive gameplay. Then it's even more boring to breed for 6IV with specific abilities and natures 6 times for each team you make, and you need a few.

Then you acutally start playing and thinking for real, using moves that cover or add power to your attacks and your weaknesses.

It's really fun.

HerobrineFan
08-22-2015, 06:41 PM
Emerald and Minish Cap.

Pikasack
08-22-2015, 06:57 PM
Use PkHex on Gen 6 with TDVS and you're good to go.
(Once it all gets released of course)

Play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, it's fun.

Juan Alfredo Guevara
08-22-2015, 07:04 PM
Use PkHex on Gen 6 with TDVS and you're good to go.
(Once it all gets released of course)

Play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, it's fun.

Why would you inject? It's borderline useless. Just breed it.

Also, he can't do it anymore, unless he has the Youtube app, and even then, he would have to give up the store and the Youtube app for it if he didn't have IronHax.

Tech
08-22-2015, 07:18 PM
You've never played Pokemon before? Good thing you're getting a life. Just kidding.

Anyway, just as Aerodax said, Generation 3 is the best IMO. It has the best story among the games. Lol, this makes me want to play the remake Omega Ruby.

Drought, you scary. Omega Ruby, you make it scarier.

Juan Alfredo Guevara
08-22-2015, 07:27 PM
Drought, you scary. Omega Ruby, you make it scarier.

ORAS sucks tho. A few crappy megas, Flygon didn't even get one, no Battle Frontier, it doesn't have the Emerald plot and is pretty bland overall.

If you are getting a Gen VI game, get XY, which are still crap, or wait until the next game in about 2 years.

Feint
08-22-2015, 07:36 PM
Get yourself a 3DS or just a DS.

Download a bunch of dating sims and eroge games

farewell social life

SageDeoxys
08-22-2015, 09:29 PM

WHY WOULD YOU EVER ASK THAT QUESTION? Yes! Play it. The main series games are very fun and entertaining. I also recommend some fan games such as Pokemon: Insurgence, Pokemon: Zeta and Omicron and Pokemon: Sweet.

iHateThis
08-22-2015, 09:35 PM
ORAS sucks tho. A few crappy megas, Flygon didn't even get one, no Battle Frontier, it doesn't have the Emerald plot and is pretty bland overall.

If you are getting a Gen VI game, get XY, which are still crap, or wait until the next game in about 2 years.

Yes, but:

*Blissey farms make it easy to get lvl 100's
*TONS of more legendarys.
*Support for the mystery gifts.
*Poke radar, for finding rare Pokemon WAY easier.

I will admit though, Delta episode was crap.

And all that did was make me hat Zinna.

Aram Sevag
08-22-2015, 10:03 PM

And Mega Rayquaza is extremely OP.

Juan Alfredo Guevara
08-22-2015, 10:21 PM
Yes, but:

*Blissey farms make it easy to get lvl 100's
*TONS of more legendarys.
*Support for the mystery gifts.
*Poke radar, for finding rare Pokemon WAY easier.

I will admit though, Delta episode was crap.

And all that did was make me hat Zinna.

Buddy what.

It didn't add any legends. I have a box of Rayquazas Kyogres and Groudons in Pokemon Black, plus the fact you can catch the trio on HGSS. Level 100 is piss easy on XY too, go to Le Woah with ExpPower 3 on Rotation/Triple. Easy.

XY also has support for Gifts, but they keep trying to push on ORAS instead so people buy it.

The PokéNav is crap, even shiny hunting is way easier with the Radar in XY/DPPt.

And delta was indeed trash.

iHateThis
08-22-2015, 10:24 PM
Buddy what.

It didn't add any legends. I have a box of Rayquazas Kyogres and Groudons in Pokemon Black, plus the fact you can catch the trio on HGSS. Level 100 is piss easy on XY too, go to Le Woah with ExpPower 3 on Rotation/Triple. Easy.

XY also has support for Gifts, but they keep trying to push on ORAS instead so people buy it.

The PokéNav is crap, even shiny hunting is way easier with the Radar in XY/DPPt.

And delta was indeed trash.

I meant you could catch more previous legendarys, than X and Y.

Plus, a legit Deoxys.

Delta just felt all together rushed, to give some extra story to post-elite four.

Juan Alfredo Guevara
08-22-2015, 10:32 PM
I meant you could catch more previous legendarys, than X and Y.

Plus, a legit Deoxys.

Delta just felt all together rushed, to give some extra story to post-elite four.

Why would you even want to catch the Legends on ORAS? They are even Shiny locked, so you can't get them shiny. Just get them all in gen III instead and have literally infinite shiny Rayquazas using the Battle Frontier cloning glitch. Deoxys was legit in RSE too, I had one.

iHateThis
08-22-2015, 10:33 PM
Why would you even want to catch the Legends on ORAS? They are even Shiny locked, so you can't get them shiny. Just get them all in gen III instead and have literally infinite shiny Rayquazas using the Battle Frontier cloning glitch. Deoxys was legit in RSE too, I had one.

I had no idea about the shiny lock thing.

Wasn't Deoxys an event though?

Juan Alfredo Guevara
08-22-2015, 10:41 PM
I had no idea about the shiny lock thing.

Wasn't Deoxys an event though?

Yeah, I had one. They also distributed them during Gen IV, I had 2 in HGSS but traded them for a Jap Arceus so I could do the Sinjoh ruins event. They practically took Deoxys' rarity away.

iHateThis
08-22-2015, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I had one. They also distributed them during Gen IV, I had 2 in HGSS but traded them for a Jap Arceus so I could do the Sinjoh ruins event. They practically took Deoxys' rarity away.

I'm still waiting for a Jirachi event.

I mean, a gen 3 remake with no Jirachi?

Juan Alfredo Guevara
08-22-2015, 10:45 PM
I'm still waiting for a Jirachi event.

I mean, a gen 3 remake with no Jirachi?

I have a Jirachi. It was an event, I traded one for a jap celebi for the Spiky Eared Pichu event. Again, it's on HGSS and I haven't gotten Bank yet.

ConveyedBee
08-23-2015, 12:41 AM

Play Pokémon 3th generation (Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald) or 4th generation (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum) or maybe 5th generation (White, black). I think that generations are the best for me.

Indicative
08-23-2015, 12:50 AM
I will download Emerald now.

I don't know why I got a lot of replies, huehue.

ConveyedBee
08-23-2015, 12:52 AM
I will download Emerald now.

I don't know why I got a lot of replies, huehue.

Good luck catching Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza :crazy:

Juan Alfredo Guevara
08-23-2015, 12:55 AM
Good luck catching Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza :crazy:

Catch them in Premier Balls. These are the only balls Legendaries should go in.