PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone ever experience lymph node removal/surgery?

PannyFlan
08-24-2015, 11:33 PM
I'm sorry if it sorta werid to you guys, since it mostly kids on the fourm.
I have a lump under my earlobe, and the doctor told me I will have to get surgery if it grew any bigger, and it did... I'm going to the doctor again this Friday to see what lymph node I have...
I heard some lymph node are cancer, or one is painless...
I'm sorta scared about the surgery, and my mom told me I WILL have to get surgey...
I'm asking anyone if they ever experience this during the surgery, so I will have some questions.
- Did it hurt during the surgery?
- How long did it took? You can estimate the time.
- What kind of lymph node did you have?
- Where did you have the lymph node?
- Did you have any side effects when the lymph node was big? For ex. Sweating at night, weight lost with no reason, etc.

Thanks for those who answered and shared their experience. I tried to ask anyone on Yahoo answer, but no one really replied, and none of my releatives or friends never have lymph node nor they don't even know about them.

craft3d
08-24-2015, 11:42 PM
I have a lump under my earlobe, and the doctor told me I will have to get surgery if it grew any bigger, and it did... I'm going to the doctor again this Friday to see what lymph node I have...
I'm sorta scared about the surgery, and my mom told me I WILL have to get surgey...
I'm asking anyone if they ever experience this during the surgery, so I will have some questions.
- Did you have any side effects when the lymph node was big? For ex. Sweating at night, weight lost with no reason, etc.

Thanks for those who answered and shared their experience. I tried to ask anyone on Yahoo answer, but no one really replied, and none of my releatives or friends never have lymph node nor they don't even know about them.

I've heard about lymph nodes and them getting relatively bigger. They can be very serious if not treated quickly. I don't have much info to offer on them, but I do know that if they are removed quickly, you won't have much issues.

I hope you're OK after the surgery.

PannyFlan
08-24-2015, 11:53 PM
I've heard about lymph nodes and them getting relatively bigger. They can be very serious if not treated quickly. I don't have much info to offer on them, but I do know that if they are removed quickly, you won't have much issues.

I hope you're OK after the surgery.

Yeah, I know they get bigger and cause bigger issues later. I had it for around 2 - 3 years? It was a bit bumpy, than get to a pea size for around 2 years, till suddenly I checked the doctor 2 months ago, and she warn me if it get worst I will have to get appointment and MAYBE surgery if it get bigger, swells, etc.
I could choose to have the surgery early, but I was too afraid and it got worst... biggest mistake in my life...
It now a size of a nickel, when last time it was just a tiny pea. Gonna hear what kind of lymph node I have on Friday..

Thanks.

Liammagoo
08-25-2015, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I know they get bigger and cause bigger issues later. I had it for around 2 - 3 years? It was a bit bumpy, than get to a pea size for around 2 years, till suddenly I checked the doctor 2 months ago, and she warn me if it get worst I will have to get appointment and MAYBE surgery if it get bigger, swells, etc.
I could choose to have the surgery early, but I was too afraid and it got worst... biggest mistake in my life...
It now a size of a nickel, when last time it was just a tiny pea. Gonna hear what kind of lymph node I have on Friday..

Thanks.

Leaving it to get worse? It's not just you. I had an infected thumb, and it swelled up massivley to the point I was told they had to 'Lance' it out, which was just as painful as it sounded (3 jabs of stinging anaesthetic to the thumb, followed by an incision and draining the... I'll stop there).
Now, a lymph node is far from an infected thumb, but I can definitely guarantee that there will be quite a bit of discomfort, and more often than not pain, even if it's just a bit. Anyway, you'll have to get it done sooner or later, and we forumers wish you luck! :hug:

PannyFlan
08-25-2015, 12:07 AM
Leaving it to get worse? It's not just you. I had an infected thumb, and it swelled up massivley to the point I was told they had to 'Lance' it out, which was just as painful as it sounded (3 jabs of stinging anaesthetic to the thumb, followed by an incision and draining the... I'll stop there).
Now, a lymph node is far from an infected thumb, but I can definitely guarantee that there will be quite a bit of discomfort, and more often than not pain, even if it's just a bit. Anyway, you'll have to get it done sooner or later, and we forumers wish you luck! :hug:

Thank you.
I hope it won't be that painful, since I never ever had surgery, not even a fracture... so it be first experience to be in a surgery.

SwafGaming
08-25-2015, 12:15 AM
I didn't really experiment any surgery ( I think )

But a while ago I cutted my hand ( not a big cut but like uhmmm like this ------- )and they put something to not make me feel the pain and started doing what ever they did ( yes I cried because it's the first time this happened and I was scared and closed my eyes trying to sleep ) but then when i opened I saw it done and It didn't feel to painful

Liammagoo
08-25-2015, 12:16 AM
Thank you.
I hope it won't be that painful, since I never ever had surgery, not even a fracture... so it be first experience to be in a surgery.

Experiences tend to differ depending on how severe the surgery is. Seeing your case is to grab something out of the ear, I can see you being awake during the process. Yes, it will sting at least a little, if so. However, if they're knocking you out for the surgery, you shouldn't feel any pain, only the after effects.

Surgery is a scary thing, yes. We're programmed to want to avoid people tampering with our bodies, but you'll be in the right hands, and you shouldn't be afraid of anything.

smartsmile
08-25-2015, 03:04 AM
oh god I hate reading this kind of stuff cause I immediately start to worry about my self anyways they will probably give you numbness injections and you will feel slight discomfort just don't research on the internet I'm being serious.

craft3d
08-25-2015, 04:16 AM

By the way, you can message me on forums if you want to talk about it, I'll be here.

Dodo Wizard
08-25-2015, 06:31 AM
One time I almost broke my back on a zipline at my friend's house. Bruised for weeks. Another time I walked around with an open wound in my foot for days. Wasn't bleeding much or anything, but I made no effort to clean it except some spit, which stung. You'll be fine.

dov36Kaizo
08-25-2015, 07:04 AM
Don't worry, you'll live. Well, that if the surgeon didnt take the "Surgery Now" games as a guide.

- - - Updated - - -

One time I almost broke my back on a zipline at my friend's house. Bruised for weeks. Another time I walked around with an open wound in my foot for days. Wasn't bleeding much or anything, but I made no effort to clean it except some spit, which stung. You'll be fine.

There are ziplines on houses?! I'm coming over.

IShutter
08-25-2015, 08:52 AM
*gets paranoid* *checks for a lump under ear lobe*

PannyFlan
08-25-2015, 01:22 PM
*gets paranoid* *checks for a lump under ear lobe*

Lymph node could be on your groin, neck, near the armpit, back, etc.

ILimeGreen
08-25-2015, 01:24 PM
Surgery shouldn't hurt since they should put you to sleep.

PannyFlan
08-25-2015, 01:26 PM
Surgery shouldn't hurt since they should put you to sleep.

That what everyone said, but the reason I'm afraid is what if I woke up in the middle the sugery? What if the doctor killed me by a dumb mistake? I'm also afraid hearing the cutting aswell...

ILimeGreen
08-25-2015, 01:29 PM
That what everyone said, but the reason I'm afraid is what if I woke up in the middle the sugery? What if the doctor killed me by a dumb mistake? I'm also afraid hearing the cutting aswell...

They'll instantly put you back under sleep and usually doctors don't make such mistakes on easy surgeries.

dov36Kaizo
08-25-2015, 01:29 PM

Anesthesia makes you sleep longer than usual afaik. There's no way you will wake up in 2 hours. And if something goes wrong, well, you might make it on a "Worst surgery mistakes" list, but let's hope nobody does.

26FtW26
08-25-2015, 01:32 PM

I have never had a surgery, but I don't see why people worry about it.

There's probably a bigger chance of you dying in a car crash than in a surgery.

Conan
08-25-2015, 01:33 PM
You should be awake.

Unless they give you general anesthesia. (Which isn't good since it will increase forgetfulness)

Everyone has lymph nodes though :p

PannyFlan
08-25-2015, 01:35 PM
You should be awake.

Unless they give you general anesthesia. (Which isn't good since it will increase forgetfulness)

My parents and the doctor told me I will be put to sleep in order to do the surgery??...
I don't know how this will work, since I don't know what kind of lymph node I have, but give more information on Friday.

dov36Kaizo
08-25-2015, 01:35 PM
You should be awake.

Forgetful, paranoid. Forgetful, paranoid... you know, I'd rather go with forgetful than paranoid for life. Cause you know, I wouldn't wanna want to blow my brains out every day.

Conan
08-25-2015, 01:38 PM
My parents and the doctor told me I will be put to sleep in order to do the surgery??...
I don't know how this will work, since I don't know what kind of lymph node I have, but give more information on Friday.

I never had a surgery.

I did ask my mom and my grandmother a few moments ago. (I'm talking to my mom on skype lol)

General Anesthesia is injected at the back.

Oh just remembered about this. My grandmother also had a lump on the back of her ear and she had general anesthesia before surgery.

She was asleep for like 5 hours .-.

dorie2739
08-25-2015, 01:40 PM

- Did it hurt during the surgery? No. I was put to sleep.
- How long did it took? You can estimate the time. Idk, maybe a maximum of 1 hour?
- What kind of lymph node did you have? Idk what its called but it doesnt hurt me. It was movable and shaped like a little ball.
- Where did you have the lymph node? On my shoulder and some small ones on my neck.
- Did you have any side effects when the lymph node was big? For ex. Sweating at night, weight lost with no reason, etc. None. It was just like there sitting in my shoulder *Hey bruh*

But ofc when my parents saw it. They got worried and decided to go to a doctor.

PannyFlan
08-25-2015, 01:44 PM
I never had a surgery.

I did ask my mom and my grandmother a few moments ago. (I'm talking to my mom on skype lol)

General Anesthesia is injected at the back.

Oh just remembered about this. My grandmother also had a lump on the back of her ear and she had general anesthesia before surgery.

She was asleep for like 5 hours .-.

5 hours... my dad finished his in 20 minutes on the back, but didn't gave me much information.
My mom told me it gonna be 5 minutes, when it sound like a lie. The doctor told me it could be from 30 minutes to a hour depending on the lump.

- - - Updated - - -

- Did it hurt during the surgery? No. I was put to sleep.
- How long did it took? You can estimate the time. Idk, maybe a maximum of 1 hour?
- What kind of lymph node did you have? Idk what its called but it doesnt hurt me. It was movable and shaped like a little ball.
- Where did you have the lymph node? On my shoulder and some small ones on my neck.
- Did you have any side effects when the lymph node was big? For ex. Sweating at night, weight lost with no reason, etc. None. It was just like there sitting in my shoulder *Hey bruh*

But ofc when my parents saw it. They got worried and decided to go to a doctor.

I think the lump you have had to start with a B.
Just hope the surgery won't be to painful, but a sting would be fine.

dorie2739
08-25-2015, 01:54 PM
5 hours... my dad finished his in 20 minutes on the back, but didn't gave me much information.
My mom told me it gonna be 5 minutes, when it sound like a lie. The doctor told me it could be from 30 minutes to a hour depending on the lump.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the lump you have had to start with a B.
Just hope the surgery won't be to painful, but a sting would be fine.

Oh yeah. I wasn't losing weight but I'm not getting fat. Now I'm getting fat >:(
If you were put to sleep I guarantee you won't feel anything on the surgery and when you wake up coz the anesthesia has still an effect idk after, it may differ on other people.

And the effect of the anesthesia to me was when I woke up I feel very weak. I can't even open my eyes and move a finger but I regained my strength back over time. But I may be different for you.

PannyFlan
08-25-2015, 10:11 PM
Yep, your tounge may dry and food tastes horrible, don't worry though as it is just a side effect of the anastethic (dryness goes away quickly)

Wait, so after the surgery, the tounge get dry and the food will taste yucky?
How did the anastethic made the food taste disgusting?

SuperJ
08-25-2015, 10:15 PM
I heard about this place called the internet.

I also heard it haz l0tz of info about lymph nodes.

Hope I helped.

PannyFlan
08-25-2015, 10:19 PM
I heard about this place called the internet.

I also heard it haz l0tz of info about lymph nodes.

Hope I helped.

I researched it on the internet already, but I still didn't understand most of them...

SuperJ
08-25-2015, 10:25 PM
I researched it on the internet already, but I still didn't understand most of them...Tehn search up lymph nodes for kidzzzz.

Palestinian
08-25-2015, 10:39 PM

Without a doubt, surgeries scare everyone. When its time for the doctor to perform the surgery, you will be anesthetized meaning that the pain will be mild and it will be difficult to even move your finger; Not very painful. Usually, the surgery takes about 1 hour or less depending on the size of the lymph node. Most likely, you will feel a little sore a few days after the surgery has been done. You may notice some fluid leaking and in rare cases minor bleeding from the area under your ear lobe. Don't worry though because most lymph nodes are cancer-free. Make sure after the surgery that you avoid moving a lot ; exercising and heavy lifting etc. Last thing, it would be a good time to pray. Source: What I learnt a while back; Myself. Best of luck :)