PDA

View Full Version : The future of PC Gaming industry

ParkourDevil
08-29-2015, 04:16 PM
Well it has been confirmed that the Windows 10 is the last Windows.
Windows 7 Support will drop out on 14.1.2020
Windows 8/8.1 will drop out on 2023
Windows 10 will drop out on 2025

Does this mean that we need to buy ourselves the Steam machines within the next 10 years?

Akame
08-29-2015, 04:17 PM
Omfg nu. I use Windows 7, DAMN U SOCIETY.
Lol i'm gonna start learning about computers for the next 5 years.

ASAD
08-29-2015, 05:33 PM
Really? No windows 11?

Juan Alfredo Guevara
08-29-2015, 06:10 PM
Nice way to only read the title of the article.

Windows versions are going away, but it's going to be a service instead, because paying once won't do anymore for them.

And what if they lose support? I used Windows XP until last year, long after it lost support. Hell, I never even used support.

ParkourDevil
08-29-2015, 06:24 PM
Really? No windows 11?

No, sadly .

- - - Updated - - -

Windows versions are going away, but it's going to be a service instead, because paying once won't do anymore for them.

And what if they lose support? I used Windows XP until last year, long after it lost support. Hell, I never even used support.

Yes but after some years it will limit your accessability a lot. For example, you can't connect to the net anymore

Hans
08-29-2015, 06:26 PM

Does this mean that we need to buy ourselves the Steam machines within the next 10 years?

OH DAMN NO.

NO

NO

NO

NO

5 YEARS AND I WONT BE ABLE TO USE THIS THING.

CRAP NO.

ParkourDevil
08-29-2015, 06:30 PM
OH DAMN NO.

NO

NO

NO

NO

5 YEARS AND I WONT BE ABLE TO USE THIS THING.

CRAP NO.

Doesn't mean that you can't use it. It just means that your PC becomes much more easily infected.

Conan
08-29-2015, 06:31 PM

By support, they mean updates. Keep using that vulnerable OS. It has a lot of security holes right now.

Windows 10 will be indeed the last. They are scheming a new scheme to earn money. Why? They lose money due to pirates. (Like me hueheuheuheu)

PRobably

Juan Alfredo Guevara
08-29-2015, 06:59 PM
Yes but after some years it will limit your accessability a lot. For example, you can't connect to the net anymore

Yeah, that's why my school's Windows 97 PC can still connect to the internet.

By support, they mean updates. Keep using that vulnerable OS. It has a lot of security holes right now.

Windows 10 will be indeed the last. They are scheming a new scheme to earn money. Why? They lose money due to pirates. (Like me hueheuheuheu)

PRobably

I love how you think I care about my "vulnerable OS". All you have to do is not be an idiot while browsing, and before you say "haxurs", nobody gives a damn about my school homework, or about the new game that I pirated.

Seriously, nobody will happen when it loses support. Hell, I hate that Windows 8 keeps pushing updates like I want them.

Hans
08-29-2015, 07:01 PM

I love how you think I care about my "vulnerable OS". All you have to do is not be an idiot while browsing, and before you say "haxurs", nobody gives a damn about my school homework, or about the new game that I pirated.

Seriously, nobody will happen when it loses support. Hell, I hate that Windows 8 keeps pushing updates like I want them.

"Nobody will happen"

sryy i just had to

Juan Alfredo Guevara
08-29-2015, 07:07 PM
"Nobody will happen"

sryy i just had to

Ahh, Damn it.

I was writing in spanish just mintues before that post, tends to mess with my english.

ParkourDevil
08-29-2015, 07:32 PM

It'll take many years for that to happen though
Btw, did you mean 95 or 98?

craft3d
08-29-2015, 07:33 PM
Well by then, hopefully Ubuntu will have some new game engine support and will get new AAA titles moved over.

If not, **** it, I'll keep Windows

Brys
08-29-2015, 10:10 PM
And Im sitting back on a Mac.

Magicalfishy
08-29-2015, 10:21 PM
This is why consoles are supreme. :p

But I love my PC and I don't wanna be hacked. D:

Derpyderp
08-29-2015, 10:32 PM
This is why consoles are supreme. :p

But I love my PC and I don't wanna be hacked. D:

consoles supreme?! hAHHAHA what next? The next game coming out is next gen and I have to shell out more money for another brick soon to be outclassed by its next?

TheSphere
08-29-2015, 11:36 PM
Wait what are hackers gonna do with some rubbish thing that can't connect to the net?
Nothing. So don' worry fellas! Just use Paint all day!

Akame
08-30-2015, 12:56 AM
No.internet?... RIPPPPPP.

darksnake99
08-30-2015, 01:03 AM
Well, according to your signature, you like team fortress 2 (and so do i)
And TF2 isn't on Ubuntu..

TF2 has been supported on Linux for at least two years.

Scopes
08-30-2015, 03:25 AM

More people use Windows 7 than windows 8. Plus windows 8 is too confusing, they should drop windows 8 before 7.

ParkourDevil
08-30-2015, 08:49 AM
TF2 has been supported on Linux for at least two years.

For real? The Steam page doesn't show it for me.

ParkourDevil
09-02-2015, 12:39 PM
More people use Windows 7 than windows 8. Plus windows 8 is too confusing, they should drop windows 8 before 7.

Nocando
I've learned to use Windows 8.1 and it's not even that hard to learn. Plus, i find it much more enjoyable than the 7

Tjsp
09-02-2015, 01:37 PM

Well, I'm sitting here with a mac. I don't get you people

darksnake99
09-02-2015, 09:35 PM
For real? The Steam page doesn't show it for me.

http://www.teamfortress.com/linux/

No way I would get a Mac if windows died. I've used school computers enough to know that they are steaming piles of donkey turd. Expensive donkey turd.

Brys
09-03-2015, 01:36 AM
http://www.teamfortress.com/linux/

No way I would get a Mac if windows died. I've used school computers enough to know that they are steaming piles of donkey turd. Expensive donkey turd.

I think we can agree on one thing: PC Master Race. For now atleast. I'm probably going to either build my own pc or just buy a Mac Book Pro. I do a lot of console gaming. So my computer doesn't matter, Linux is weird for me. I would live my whole life on iOS and Mac but never buy a Linux. (BTW I hate iPhones) androids ftw

peck
09-03-2015, 03:49 AM
Loving how much of a train wreck this thread is. One statement, and then almost everybody doesn't know what to make of it or what it even means so they blow it out of proportion.

craft3d
09-03-2015, 03:57 AM
Loving how much of a train wreck this thread is. One statement, and then almost everybody doesn't know what to make of it or what it even means so they blow it out of proportion.

Yes, but let's go back here for a second. Not every forumer here is a technical IT or something.

peck
09-03-2015, 04:00 AM
Yes, but let's go back here for a second. Not every forumer here is a technical IT or something.

Techie or not, peeps shouldn't start rumors on things they don't know about.

Hans
09-03-2015, 04:18 AM
Techie or not, peeps shouldn't start rumors on things they don't know about.

hearsay =/= bs????

kay.

IceKane
09-03-2015, 10:38 AM

Nah, I use Windows 8, so no. They would drop Windows 7 because it's more familiar with others, and it's claimed as "easier to use", therefore, with greedy tactics, they would drop 7 first.