PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on young "love"

26FtW26
08-29-2015, 11:25 PM
I normally don't go over subjects like this, but I am annoyed because my friend called me a loner for not dating someone at the age of 12. lmao
What is your opinion on young love? IMO it's a waste of time and effort because you will get over it in a week, if even that.

(Wait for poll)

TheSphere
08-29-2015, 11:30 PM
I normally don't go over subjects like this, but I am annoyed because my friend called me a loner for not dating someone at the age of 12. lmao
What is your opinion on young love? IMO it's a waste of time and effort because you will get over it in a week, if even that.

(Wait for poll)

Off-topic:You're 12? Seem 16...

Uhm,dating? Not cooool....Crushes?Meh.

ArmanBzc
08-29-2015, 11:30 PM
Young,
Old,

Love always wins!

Just, don't take it far.. (You understand what I mean) :sweat drop: Um, I hope..

Liammagoo
08-29-2015, 11:32 PM
At that age, most people are immature squeakers (MOST, some of you are alright). They know nothing about relationships, nor can they handle one due to a lack of private or public transport, leading to a split up in roughly a week or two. I find the best age to start relationships to be 15+, as you have more freedom at that age.

26FtW26
08-29-2015, 11:33 PM
Off-topic:You're 12? Seem 16...

Uhm,dating? Not cooool....Crushes?Meh.

Many people tend to think that I am 16(give or take) for some reason. Why? Do I actually seem mature?

TheSphere
08-29-2015, 11:34 PM
At that age, most people are immature squeakers (MOST, some of you are alright). They know nothing about relationships, nor can they handle one due to a lack of private or public transport, leading to a split up in roughly a week or two. I find the best age to start relationships to be 15+, as you have more freedom at that age.

Goto sleep u piece of chiken

Zach #2.

- - - Updated - - -

Many people tend to think that I am 16(give or take) for some reason. Why? Do I actually seem mature?

Yeah you doo seem matuer

26FtW26
08-29-2015, 11:36 PM

In some cases, I say that it's fine to get into dating at 14, but only rarely, pity. But, that's just my opinion. :)

SageDeoxys
08-29-2015, 11:43 PM

(Wait for poll)

I have no problem with people having a crush at a young age. I had a few down the line. But being in a serious relationship is something that just bothers me about younglings. I know they are experimenting with what they'll have to deal with sooner or later, but smooching and sending love notes like serious couples does bother me. Usually they don't actually think about it, and with how immature most young people are nowadays, its surprising those relationships last over a day, yet a week. In all honesty, leave it to when you're mature (and yes, I do mean mentally you pervs) and you can actually handle it.

26FtW26
08-29-2015, 11:49 PM
I have no problem with people having a crush at a young age. I had a few down the line. But being in a serious relationship is something that just bothers me about younglings. I know they are experimenting with what they'll have to deal with sooner or later, but smooching and sending love notes like serious couples does bother me. Usually they don't actually think about it, and with how immature most young people are nowadays, its surprising those relationships last over a day, yet a week. In all honesty, leave it to when you're mature (and yes, I do mean mentally you pervs) and you can actually handle it.

Serious couples don't send love letters...

- - - Updated - - -

8th grade is the true time to get funky

U mean the age 13? Hah. (If ur from us)

SageDeoxys
08-29-2015, 11:52 PM
Serious couples don't send love letters...

- - - Updated - - -

U mean the age 13? Hah. (If ur from us)

I may be only 2 years older than you, but believe me, the few couples that exist over here do that kinda stuff in school.

MyLegGuy
08-29-2015, 11:57 PM
I think dating in 7th grade is just going to make life harder. I think it's not worth it. But it's up to you.

26FtW26
08-30-2015, 12:00 AM
I may be only 2 years older than you, but believe me, the few couples that exist over here do that kinda stuff in school.

I am, well, disappointed. In life.
I hoped love letters were a little kids thing and not an actual thing between semi-mature people...:cry:

- - - Updated - - -

I think dating in 7th grade is just going to make life harder. I think it's not worth it. But it's up to you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SageDeoxys
08-30-2015, 12:02 AM
I am, well, disappointed. In life.
I hoped love letters were a little kids thing and not an actual thing between semi-mature people...:cry:

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was referring to 13-14 year olds. Not sure you can classify most of us as "mature" just yet.

26FtW26
08-30-2015, 12:04 AM
I was referring to 13-14 year olds. Not sure you can classify most of us as "mature" just yet.

Semi mature.
I thought you were talking about 14-15 yr olds. XD

SageDeoxys
08-30-2015, 12:07 AM
Semi mature.
I thought you were talking about 14-15 yr olds. XD

Yeah, I see where I messed up with that. I myself don't know if I can classify myself as mature. I think like a grown man, but when it comes to doing things, I act like an 8 year old.

Aly
08-30-2015, 12:08 AM
I hope they keep it innocent and don't become parents in 7th grade because das nasty.

26FtW26
08-30-2015, 12:11 AM
I hope they keep it innocent and don't become parents in 7th grade because das nasty.

Wait 12-13, is it even possible?
Didn't pay attention in class :3

SageDeoxys
08-30-2015, 12:12 AM
Wait 12-13, is it even possible?
Didn't pay attention in class :3

It depends on every person. There's been various cases of 8-9 year old girls being pregnant and successfully giving birth to the child. Although, its usually around ages 10-14 that the human body becomes mature enough for that, or in other words puberty.

26FtW26
08-30-2015, 12:14 AM
It depends on every person. There's been various cases of 8-9 year old girls being pregnant and successfully giving birth to the child.

God why have you forsaken us? Lmao

FISH
08-30-2015, 12:14 AM
Well, I don't think that kids should date because they don't know how to completely handle it. Once they get a girlfriend or boyfriend, everything is about that person and they start to lose focus on more important things like school and I just think its stupid.

SageDeoxys
08-30-2015, 12:16 AM
God why have you forsaken us? Lmao

I didn't. Blame God. If you believe in him, that is.

26FtW26
08-30-2015, 12:16 AM
Well, I don't think that kids should date because they don't know how to completely handle it. Once they get a girlfriend or boyfriend, everything is about that person and they start to lose focus on more important things like school and I just think its stupid.

In the end, love is just nature's way of tricking us into reproducing.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't. Blame God. If you believe in him, that is.

That was a joke

SageDeoxys
08-30-2015, 12:27 AM
In america by the time your in 8th grade your 15

That is of course the case, if you didn't pass two grades. I'm in 9th grade and I'm only 14. Please, stop giving false and confusing information.

Magicalfishy
08-30-2015, 12:31 AM
I would say if you are above the age of 16 and truly understand that love is meant to be forever and not one week, I'd say you're good to go.

26FtW26
08-30-2015, 12:34 AM
I would say if you are above the age of 16 and truly understand that love is meant to be forever and not one week, I'd say you're good to go.

When I saw your name pop up, I was sure you were gonna argue, but apparently not.:hat:

SageDeoxys
08-30-2015, 12:35 AM
Why are you in any position to call it false information if you're only using your experience as proof of mine being wrong. Many of my friends are in 8th grade and they are between 14-15.

You as well are only using experience as proof. And unless your friends started Kindergarten at a late age or if they didn't pass certain grades, I don't see how you are giving information any more reliable than mine.

ScribbleCat
08-30-2015, 12:35 AM

(Wait for poll)

In my opinion it's totally normal to not date from age 12 to 15. After 15 is around the age that I would plan on starting to date or get involved with... love. I have not dated yet, which I guess is just one less thing I have to worry about for now :cool:

26FtW26
08-30-2015, 12:37 AM
You as well are only using experience as proof. And unless your friends started Kindergarten at a late age or if they didn't pass certain grades, I don't see how you are giving information any more reliable than mine.

IF YOU TWO DERAIL THIS, YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Jk solorien spare me, I already have 2 points...🙏

SageDeoxys
08-30-2015, 12:42 AM
IF YOU TWO DERAIL THIS, YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Jk solorien spare me, I already have 2 points...🙏

Don't worry, I usually don't start up a full on drama house. I just state what is needed and I leave the conversation.

26FtW26
08-30-2015, 12:47 AM
Students are usually 13 – 14 years old at the time they enter eighth grade. My friends are 14-15 just like I said. We are typically barely months and weeks apart.

You do realize I never said my opinion was universal right? Its different in alot of states. Even though the
statistics are 13-14 in most.

Experience is not false information. The fact that you're a year ahead and you're telling me that my information is wrong because you didn't go through it kind of speaks for itself.
Shut up, nobody cares.

26FtW26
08-30-2015, 12:53 AM
Funny how you were asking if you were mature a page ago. I can't even defend myself in an argument without idiots being mad cause I'm not filling your glorious and really useful thread with on topic material.

Should have added tldr: derail

KKcupcake
08-30-2015, 01:43 AM
waste of time at the age of 12
I'm twelve and most schoolmates don't even consider if they want a boyfriend.
we do have some mini crushes and hot celebrity crushes thoooo :whistling:
but nah

wait till you're 15+

Rockytop
08-30-2015, 01:46 AM
Its just WRONG

Festivity
08-30-2015, 01:49 AM
Crushes are fine imo. But dating while you're still 10-13? No no, my friend. That is very hard and you're not yet ready. It's hard to keep a relationship ya know? Well, I have a crush.

Source: From my immature brain.

Megazork
08-30-2015, 01:56 AM
Yes, well I don't know if you have come to your sense's yet, and I don't want this to sound un-welcoming. But no one really likes your second guessing, hypocritical, or ironic posts. (etc etc) So it would be best to stop.

Save the anecdotal experiences, at least Slack's been able to back his premise with a decent argument. Don't fault him for things you transgress in.

OT: Disagree, most of them date because of infatuation or arbitrary whims/pressuring of friends. In fact, none of the relationships I've seen at a young age in my area really lived long

FISH
08-30-2015, 02:03 AM
That is of course the case, if you didn't pass two grades. I'm in 9th grade and I'm only 14. Please, stop giving false and confusing information.

I am 15 in 9th grade only because I have a late summer birthday and my parents didn't want me to be the youngest kid in my grade.

SageDeoxys
08-30-2015, 02:17 AM
I only speak for myself, and myself only. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I said it in the nicest way I could, I could really get into it, but I'm not because I'm tired and sagey needs better roasting skills. (Lol sagey I sry I jk pls spare me) But it's best before you stop feeding the flames before the flames start feeding on you.

Don't worry. I'm capable of roasting much better than I do on my roasting thread, but there's something called "I don't wanna get an infraction". Probably something some forumers shouldve considered before they got it.

Back on topic: I sincerely don't think people should consider dating until at LEAST they consider themselves mentally mature enough for it, and I doubt that could be at the age of 13-14, because if you're not physically mature, you're probably not mentally mature.

Brys
08-30-2015, 02:43 AM
Yeah, I'm 12 also. I find young love kinda pointless, the only reason why I can think people can date in middle school is so they can say "I have a girlfriend" or "I have a boyfriend" depending on which gender they like. People can date but I'm not wasting my time until I'm older.

Joshcat
08-30-2015, 02:46 AM
Well, I'm neutral. It is stupid to do and they all over-react when they... "break-up". But, I don't mind it. I just let them be.

Aram Sevag
08-30-2015, 02:49 AM
If you're going to consider your "girlfriend" a trophy you can show off to appear cool, I disagree.

Tjsp
08-30-2015, 02:55 AM

(Wait for poll)

Me also. Technically our whole squad has a contest whoever gets a date first. and were all 12 so..... yeh.

Areodax
08-30-2015, 03:19 AM
"Aw, they look so cute! SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP......"

Pretty much me.

|ThyLuigi|
08-30-2015, 03:41 AM
Depends how young.
Considering most 13-14 year olds are complete idiots when it comes to relationships, I'l wait a couple years.

PannyFlan
08-30-2015, 04:06 AM
It depend if their mature, and can handle different situation when dating.
Usually, kids at 10 - 14 is young and gonna break up in 1 week. Once they break up, they be over dramatic and cry over a petty thing. Most of the people at my school dated because they will get popular, look cool, and one time. This girl is like, hey you fit for him, go date him, and she did and broke up in a week and went full blast crying with red puffy eyes.

Swaginaut
08-30-2015, 04:16 AM
Im not that old myself and people tend to mistake me for a late teenager, i am 13. Anyways, i barely ever respond to threads like this since i find it pretty irrelevant to RTsoft, but i may as well share my opinion.

Love is totally okay at any age above 11. Since females hit puberty around 10-12 and males usually 12-13, it can depend on when love happens. "Love" is basically just a release of hormones throughout the body telling you "this is the person you have the best chance to survive and ensure the survival of your species with", even though of course many people feel like its just they wanna spend their lives with them. Same thing really, if you think about it. Anyway, kids usually become interested in each other at around 12-13 but rarely tell anyone until 14-15, if you havent noticed. Some do get into a relationship, but its not really the right time. Anyway, my true opinion is that love is suppost to happen, and you should just let it happen. Since the mind of a 12-13 year old is usually having a hard time, with school, puberty, fitting in, etc., breakups are common because teens are easily set off. Thats why i am kinda waiting till im like 15-16 to make a move, unless someone comes to me first. :crazy:

I kinda half answered your question and half gave you a health lesson. Yw

NaomiM
08-30-2015, 04:43 AM
Geez, nowadays I always see (insert: freaking annoying) kids finding boyfriends/girlfriends in here. Well, we came here in our province since last year, and er..Well, let's just say alotta' guys have been trying their best to make me theirs(I know, crazy right) by sending me love letters, helping me carry stuff, etc.
Geez, I'm only freaking 11! Because of those "OMG SHE SAT NEXT TA' ME! DIDJA' SEE THAT?! I gotta act hard-to-get! Omegash I'm freaking shy!" I can't make friends with boys (Well, I think girls are annoying, no offense). Well, I answer with one word only so it makes it(*cough* for the guy *cough*) awkward. I don't give a damn.

26FtW26
08-30-2015, 10:06 AM
Im not that old myself and people tend to mistake me for a late teenager, i am 13. Anyways, i barely ever respond to threads like this since i find it pretty irrelevant to RTsoft, but i may as well share my opinion.

Love is totally okay at any age above 11. Since females hit puberty around 10-12 and males usually 12-13, it can depend on when love happens. "Love" is basically just a release of hormones throughout the body telling you "this is the person you have the best chance to survive and ensure the survival of your species with", even though of course many people feel like its just they wanna spend their lives with them. Same thing really, if you think about it. Anyway, kids usually become interested in each other at around 12-13 but rarely tell anyone until 14-15, if you havent noticed. Some do get into a relationship, but its not really the right time. Anyway, my true opinion is that love is suppost to happen, and you should just let it happen. Since the mind of a 12-13 year old is usually having a hard time, with school, puberty, fitting in, etc., breakups are common because teens are easily set off. Thats why i am kinda waiting till im like 15-16 to make a move, unless someone comes to me first. :crazy:

I kinda half answered your question and half gave you a health lesson. Yw

ya its a win win situation XD

- - - Updated - - -

Geez, nowadays I always see (insert: freaking annoying) kids finding boyfriends/girlfriends in here. Well, we came here in our province since last year, and er..Well, let's just say alotta' guys have been trying their best to make me theirs(I know, crazy right) by sending me love letters, helping me carry stuff, etc.
Geez, I'm only freaking 11! Because of those "OMG SHE SAT NEXT TA' ME! DIDJA' SEE THAT?! I gotta act hard-to-get! Omegash I'm freaking shy!" I can't make friends with boys (Well, I think girls are annoying, no offense). Well, I answer with one word only so it makes it(*cough* for the guy *cough*) awkward. I don't give a damn.
Meh, the moronic racoon dogs in my class think they're cool by dating lol.
Also, girls think the same way (srs) so there is no hope for my class.

Magicalfishy
08-30-2015, 06:03 PM
ya its a win win situation XD

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, the moronic racoon dogs in my class think they're cool by dating lol.
Also, girls think the same way (srs) so there is no hope for my class.

*COUGH*

https://cdn-webimages.wimages.net/0514b1567e67db444891fc727a0eba67f59c5c-wm.jpg

Hans
08-30-2015, 06:06 PM
Totally pathetic.

It's practical emotional suicide, imo. I'm speaking from experience out of my classmates. Like, I have one classmate who's like totally depressed every recess break because he can't understand his "dear".

100% suicide. It's not like you'd even meet and even last for at least 10+ years as young GFs and BFs before you could get married.

ParkourDevil
08-30-2015, 06:07 PM
8th grade is the true time to get funky

For me it was the 7th grade

Hans
08-30-2015, 06:11 PM

That is why the word "average" was invented.

Wronix
08-30-2015, 06:15 PM
i dunno, I got into my first relationship this year and I'm 18. I never bothered about it when I was younger. It seems to be missing purpose at your age and up 15+ IMO.

barhoomi
08-30-2015, 06:19 PM
wth is a love? :rolleyes:

Tempting
08-30-2015, 07:16 PM
Kids under 16 are a no. Anyone under that age will not sustain a relationship for more than 14 months.

SageDeoxys
08-30-2015, 07:18 PM
Kids under 16 are a no. Anyone under that age will not sustain a relationship for more than 14 months.

14 months? You're stretching it a little bit, don't ya think?

26FtW26
08-30-2015, 07:23 PM
14 months? You're stretching it a little bit, don't ya think?

tldr complete and utter bs

Arnold
08-30-2015, 07:40 PM
Age is just a number?

Wronix
08-30-2015, 07:43 PM
Age is just a number?

..said the pedophile. : P

SageDeoxys
08-30-2015, 07:45 PM
Age is just a number?

Yep, definitely just a number when you got 2 crazy kids making love.

PolarisHD
08-30-2015, 07:45 PM
I didn't read the whole thread since I'm lazy. So forgive me if this has been said before.

Anyway, I don't really care. If they love each other, then I'll let them be. It's not like my life is going to change because of it.

dov36Kaizo
08-30-2015, 08:41 PM
They call u a loner for not dating and being 12? Tell them you aren't, because I said so.

26FtW26
08-30-2015, 08:44 PM
They call u a loner for not dating and being 12? Tell them you aren't, because I said so.

Not that I am upset or anything, I just feel bad for them.

Aquarious
08-30-2015, 11:21 PM
Although relationships at young age don't last very long and are quite, er... frivoulous- they do offer a small view of what a serious relationship has to offer... (ex: spending time with your SO, paying attention to their behavior and interests, comforting them when they are feeling sad or down)
I'm still pretty young, so I haven't been in any kind of relationship, but I've had friends who've dated their classmates before so I have a bit of understanding about how it works. These temporary relationships can sort of prepare you, but things like kissing are just unnecessary...

Magicalfishy
08-31-2015, 02:54 PM
Although relationships at young age don't last very long and are quite, er... frivoulous- they do offer a small view of what a serious relationship has to offer... (ex: spending time with your SO, paying attention to their behavior and interests, comforting them when they are feeling sad or down)
I'm still pretty young, so I haven't been in any kind of relationship, but I've had friends who've dated their classmates before so I have a bit of understanding about how it works. These temporary relationships can sort of prepare you, but things like kissing are just unnecessary...

But the whole point of a relationship is wanting to be with a person forever. Yes, short-term relationships do prepare you for future relationships, but if you want to be in a relationship you shouldn't be aiming for short term at all. If kissing is unnecessary, the entire relationship is unnecessary. You give your all for him/her, and he/she does the same for you.

I'm pretty much against dating in general... I mean you barely know the person until you start dating. I'd suggest starting out as friends or getting to know people for 1-2 years even before making a move.

Magicalfishy
08-31-2015, 10:21 PM
Yo thats kind of overboard though. 1-2 years?

Think about it, you never know if the other person is a gold digger, someone who would turn on you at any chance, does something you don't agree with at all, someone who is extremely rude to other, etc. These are just light examples. Trust me, you should at least know the person before you want to be with them. Another key element is that you should get to know them on a personal basis and get to know their worldviews, philosophy, etc... we're talking about the person you want to spend your entire life with here. Ever seen those TV shows about people's spouses killing them after a while? Yeah... that could happen.

Pyroworld
08-31-2015, 10:26 PM
heh... I don't recommend it. I was in a relationship with somebody, we split up in 2 days.

Aquarious
08-31-2015, 11:28 PM
But the whole point of a relationship is wanting to be with a person forever. Yes, short-term relationships do prepare you for future relationships, but if you want to be in a relationship you shouldn't be aiming for short term at all. If kissing is unnecessary, the entire relationship is unnecessary. You give your all for him/her, and he/she does the same for you.

I'm pretty much against dating in general... I mean you barely know the person until you start dating. I'd suggest starting out as friends or getting to know people for 1-2 years even before making a move.

Kids in elementary school don't usually think about longterm goals like getting married or having kids when they date other kids. They do it for fun or to seem mature or cool among others. As for the kissing part, if you aren't going to date that person for very long- what's the point in kissing? Kids just kiss to show affection towards their gf/bf as that's what people in loving relationships do, but I just find it kinda wierd. If I were them, I'd rather not kiss someone who I'm not in a serious relationship with.

Now in serious relationships, the whole point of dating is getting to know that person and bonding with them over time so you know if they're someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. And if you were friends with them at first, it'd be pretty awkward imo if you started dating. Also, what if that person doesn't want to be more than friends or you break up with them? Those 1-2 years wouldn't necessarily be a waste, but would you go over that long process for every girl you met?

Personally, I don't agree with kids dating, but they do have SOME worth and aren't entirely "stupid" as some people say because they do provide younger ones a small view of what a SERIOUS relationship could offer.