PDA

View Full Version : Any good handheld consoles?

Dinobones62
09-01-2015, 05:43 PM
The question pretty much says it all, ps vita seems good but i want to hear your suggestions :)

RudolphPlays
09-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Gameboy? FTW

Dinobones62
09-01-2015, 06:57 PM
Gameboys, I have Alot of gameboys :3

Magicalfishy
09-01-2015, 06:58 PM
The New 3DS is pretty awesome. C:

Dinobones62
09-01-2015, 07:02 PM
The New 3DS is pretty awesome. C:

Do you mean the one with the "c-stick"

Magicalfishy
09-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Do you mean the one with the "c-stick"

Yes, it actually has loads more features. Definitely worth the buy.

Dinobones62
09-01-2015, 07:12 PM
Yes, it actually has loads more features. Definitely worth the buy.

Just a question Xl or normal

CuresTopia
09-01-2015, 07:14 PM

Xl is good too, I've one

Magicalfishy
09-01-2015, 07:15 PM

The regular is coming out "Holiday 2015," but the XL is already out. Personal preference is the XL though, I would get it unless you'd like a smaller screen. But keep in mind the regular has a longer wait time.

just one growtopian
09-01-2015, 07:18 PM
I like the normal nintendo DS.

Juan Alfredo Guevara
09-01-2015, 07:23 PM
Just get a regular 3DS XL. The New version has just a couple more games, and has improved 3D, but 3d can hurt your eyes if used too long, and from the exclusive games, the 2 bigger ones [Xenoblade and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth] are available on other consoles.

So my advice is get a regular 3DS XL, since the Vita has absolutely no good exclusive games, unless you are REALLY into anime rhythm games.
If only you had gotten it during the whole Club Nintendo Wii Mini scam season, you would also have gotten a couple good games. I only had my old DS games when I got it, but I bought 40 Wii Minis for really real and got KI:U, SM3DL twice, NSMW 2 and Brain Age.

Magicalfishy
09-01-2015, 07:25 PM
Just get a regular 3DS XL. The New version has just a couple more games, and has improved 3D, but 3d can hurt your eyes if used too long, and from the exclusive games, the 2 bigger ones [Xenoblade and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth] are available on other consoles.

So my advice is get a regular 3DS XL, since the Vita has absolutely no good exclusive games, unless you are REALLY into anime rhythm games.
If only you had gotten it during the whole Club Nintendo Wii Mini scam season, you would also have gotten a couple good games. I only had my old DS games when I got it, but I bought 40 Wii Minis for really real and got KI:U, SM3DL twice, NSMW 2 and Brain Age.

The new 3DS also has improved speed and can surf the internet just as well as a computer. This is very useful for watching youtube and/or anime/TV shows.

Juan Alfredo Guevara
09-01-2015, 07:56 PM
The new 3DS also has improved speed and can surf the internet just as well as a computer. This is very useful for watching youtube and/or anime/TV shows.

The improved speed seems silly. Mine runs pretty fast. And surfing the web? Use a computer.

Also, you can watch videos on youtube, which is were I watch my videos. I don't trust other sites.

Magicalfishy
09-01-2015, 08:34 PM
The improved speed seems silly. Mine runs pretty fast. And surfing the web? Use a computer.

Also, you can watch videos on youtube, which is were I watch my videos. I don't trust other sites.

Ah, I guess it's a personal preference. I don't always have access to my PC or tablet, and the New 3DS is extremely fast on the internet, even faster than my iPad. I've had every single model of the 3DS and I much rather prefer the New 3DS XL. As for sites I use, kissanime and kisscartoon are very reliable.

MyLegGuy
09-01-2015, 08:45 PM
I have a new 3ds xl and a ps vita.

If you want to get a 3ds, wait until the small new 3ds comes out. I'm going to sell my xl and get that one. I like the small version better.

Ps vita is also nice. It has a lot of great games. If you do decide to get one, I recommend trying to find one off of ebay that is on firmware 3.51 or below. If you can do that, then you can use the rejuvinate hack.

Ah, I guess it's a personal preference. I don't always have access to my PC or tablet, and the New 3DS is extremely fast on the internet, even faster than my iPad. I've had every single model of the 3DS and I much rather prefer the New 3DS XL. As for sites I use, kissanime and kisscartoon are very reliable.
I just wanna say that kissanime is going through maintenance right now. And it's gonna take a while.

And the internet browser on the new 3ds isn't THAT fast. But it still is quite a step up from the original 3ds.

Magicalfishy
09-01-2015, 09:00 PM
I have a new 3ds xl and a ps vita.

If you want to get a 3ds, wait until the small new 3ds comes out. I'm going to sell my xl and get that one. I like the small version better.

Ps vita is also nice. It has a lot of great games. If you do decide to get one, I recommend trying to find one off of ebay that is on firmware 3.51 or below. If you can do that, then you can use the rejuvinate hack.

I just wanna say that kissanime is going through maintenance right now. And it's gonna take a while.

And the internet browser on the new 3ds isn't THAT fast. But it still is quite a step up from the original 3ds.

Yeah, I realized that 2 days ago when I tried to watch Naruto. :sweatdrop:

And it's based on your internet provider as well. It processes as fast as your internet will allow it to.

atwistoffate
09-01-2015, 09:01 PM
I would say 3ds, but Flipnote Hatena has been cancelled for like 5 years now
It was like the best part of owning a dsi

Magicalfishy
09-01-2015, 09:23 PM
I would say 3ds, but Flipnote Hatena has been cancelled for like 5 years now
It was like the best part of owning a dsi

I know right... they need to add online to the 3DS version.

Boomer
09-01-2015, 10:28 PM
What about the 2DS? From what I've heard, its just a 3DS without the flip screen and the 3D. Not to mention its way cheaper ($99 at Walmart).

Juan Alfredo Guevara
09-01-2015, 10:35 PM
What about the 2DS? From what I've heard, its just a 3DS without the flip screen and the 3D. Not to mention its way cheaper ($99 at Walmart).

Yeah, it's 3DS little kid edition. It's made with the hardest Nintendium in the world, resisting up to 3 nukes and 2 space laser hyperblasts. It's cheaper, and it runs the same.

However, it's a bit clunky to grab, and it doesn't fold so you can't take it around as easily.

Areodax
09-01-2015, 10:35 PM
gameboys are dank

played super mario land 2 and it was fun

Pikasack
09-02-2015, 05:26 AM
Definately go for the 3ds, I recommend it 10/10, if you want something that will last you a few more years go for the new 3ds xl.

Or wait until the regular comes out.

KAGEE
09-02-2015, 05:48 AM
I'd go for the regular 3DS, particularly the XL version if you prefer a larger screen. It has a pretty vast library of games, most of which are pretty fun and will keep you busy for a while. The 'New' 3DS has never struck me as a handheld I really care about, I just decided to avoid it altogether (I do suggest checking it out yourself, though.)

Boomer
09-02-2015, 12:32 PM
Yeah, it's 3DS little kid edition. It's made with the hardest Nintendium in the world, resisting up to 3 nukes and 2 space laser hyperblasts. It's cheaper, and it runs the same.

However, it's a bit clunky to grab, and it doesn't fold so you can't take it around as easily.

Works for me, since I don't use my DSi for much other than late night web surfing (ugh). I also just realized the $99 is a bundle price, including the 2DS and MK7, which is what I want. 2DS base price is like $70 brand new.

atwistoffate
09-02-2015, 01:20 PM
I know right... they need to add online to the 3DS version.

They should, but it would feel so weird imo. The community will be different,people like BOSS
won't be there, everything will change.

Magicalfishy
09-02-2015, 01:52 PM
They should, but it would feel so weird imo. The community will be different,people like BOSS

Yeah... I especially loved Gizmo and Kevin☆.

raqk
09-02-2015, 02:43 PM

Who is BOSS? And what is flip note? Sorry, but my newest is a DS lite.

atwistoffate
09-02-2015, 08:21 PM

Youtube it, I'm bad an explaining these stuff

Juan Alfredo Guevara
09-02-2015, 08:42 PM
Man, all this chat about Flipnote gave me the nostalgia. I used to be great friends with Fleesveon, I even appeared in plenty of her videos. I also had a weekly game called Don't Touch Black, which consisted of putting your stylus on the top screen and avoiding the obstacles, ranging from little cannons to mazes closing behind you. It was pretty bad quality, but I had my little assortment of fans.

Man, good times.

Pizzaman
09-03-2015, 11:02 AM
NVIDIA shield.

ImAPogo
09-03-2015, 11:06 AM
NVIDIA shield.

^^^^^^^^
Cool Games.
Graphics
Portable.

Magicalfishy
09-03-2015, 01:44 PM
Man, all this chat about Flipnote gave me the nostalgia. I used to be great friends with Fleesveon, I even appeared in plenty of her videos. I also had a weekly game called Don't Touch Black, which consisted of putting your stylus on the top screen and avoiding the obstacles, ranging from little cannons to mazes closing behind you. It was pretty bad quality, but I had my little assortment of fans.

Man, good times.

I loved those games. I also loved the adventure games and stuff, those were the best. :p

Boomer
09-03-2015, 03:18 PM

Check my YouTube channel and the "Tanked Shorts." Those are made using Flipnote Studio. BOSS was an animator who made really good animations with the software.

Flipnote Studio is only available on the DSi/DSi XL. A 3D version came out with the 3DS.

- - - Updated - - -

I loved those games. I also loved the adventure games and stuff, those were the best. :p

OMG my system memory is packed with those little games. I was practically in tears when they announced they were canceling it a couple years ago. :cry:

Anyone remember Gizmo and Xan, too?