PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on Let's Plays. (Youtube Gaming)

26FtW26
09-03-2015, 07:44 PM
After a someone or other pissed off half of the gaming community, this has been a somewhat huge topic, some gamers almost religiously rioting against Jimmy Kimmel.

What's your opinion, Let's play or Let's nay? (cheesy af ik)

MyLegGuy
09-03-2015, 07:49 PM
It's stupid. I don't see why you would want to watch somebody else play a video game, when you can just play it yourself.

26FtW26
09-03-2015, 07:50 PM
It's stupid. I don't see why you would want to watch somebody else play a video game, when you can just play it yourself.

I can't exactly tell why I enjoy it. And, I don't think anyone else who enjoys it can either. It's weird.

peck
09-03-2015, 07:59 PM
According to research things kids like to just see the social reaction and the funny things they do sorta like comedy.

However playing with some good friends will bring you the same, if not better enjoyment. (Spend time building relationships, not watching them)

26FtW26
09-03-2015, 08:01 PM
According to research things kids like to just see the social reaction and the funny things they do sorta like comedy.

However playing with some good friends will bring you the same, if not better enjoyment. (Spend time building relationships, not watching them)

that is true.
I also sometimes have long videos going on in the background while I do things, unless I can talk to someone on skype.

Magicalfishy
09-03-2015, 08:13 PM
If it is entertaining like they are supposed to be, yes. I especially love people who are energetic and funny. If they keep the audience engaged and make some funny edits here and there, its all good to me.

On the other hand, let's plays can be very helpful. People who don't know how to play the game or people who want to learn how to get better at the game can watch them for tips and tricks.

Boomer
09-03-2015, 08:22 PM
Usually I watch funny stuff, like Minecraft Fails or Funny World Of Tanks moments. If I watch a gameplay of someone just driving a car or a tank, its usually so I can get an understanding of what to expect if or when I get it.

ElectroDream
09-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Here are the reasons of why I watch let's play videos (and I love it!) :

I can't/don't want to purchase the game
I'm too scared to play it myself.
I'll be more experienced in the game I watched.
Knowing what's on steam.

I still love it though, so I'm gonna vote yes.

Areodax
09-03-2015, 09:35 PM
Just as someone said in this thread, their experiences will be more different than yours. And exciting.

Gives also that nostalgic feel to play that game.

SageDeoxys
09-04-2015, 03:28 AM
Watching people play games is fun. I mean, you gotta love when they have a facepalm moment every video they make.
And as to Jimmy Kimmel... Both us gamers and him have our rights and wrongs. Sure, gaming isn't the best form of entertainment one could get, but that doesn't put Jimmy in the position to criticise gaming the way he did. Calling gaming stupid is, well, stupid. Many of us gamers are just as bad as him, though, considering the hate comments many posted. Wanting someone to die for a mistake doesn't make you any better than them. But what I find bad about this situation is that he selected only nonsense comments and didn't show any of the good and reasonable comments, as if he wanted to make gamers look bad. To make matters worse, he WANTS us to be mad.

TL;DR: Both Jimmy and gamers are wrong in their own ways.

GummiBear64
09-04-2015, 07:07 AM
If they're exciting and not just your regular dull play-through then yes.

I prefer play-throughs with a challenge ie. Kill Everything, Perma Death etc. which is why I watch ManyATrueNerd.