PDA

View Full Version : Should I upgrade to Windows 10?

Magicalfishy
09-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Well, I've heard both good things and bad things about Windows 10, and I'm wondering if I should make the upgrade from 8 to 10. Be sure to let me in on your two cents. :sweatdrop:

iStolen
09-04-2015, 02:01 PM
DON'T! I just upgraded and now I have an activation issue - can't do ANYTHING (other than browsing internet)

Magicalfishy
09-04-2015, 02:23 PM
DON'T! I just upgraded and now I have an activation issue - can't do ANYTHING (other than browsing internet)

Gah, I've heard there were bugs but I figured they'd be fixed by now. :sweatdrop:

Joshcat
09-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Actually I'm running on Windows 10 right now, and it's working perfectly. If you don't have anything malicious on your system you should be fine upgrading to Windows 10.
Note: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and not from Windows 8/8.1 so your experience may be different.

Comment
09-04-2015, 02:42 PM
How much does it cost to upgrade?

Festivity
09-04-2015, 02:46 PM
No Windows 10!
No Windows 9 even though it doesn't exist!
No Windows 8 because Metro sucks.
Yes Windows 7!
Or just go with the plain old XP.

iStolen
09-04-2015, 02:50 PM
Gah, I've heard there were bugs but I figured they'd be fixed by now. :sweatdrop:

Microsoft said that if it wouldn't activate itself after two days, I should call back. Argh, my brother upgraded and there were no issues. I hope it'll work. If not.. Microsoft should of said that BEFORE I downloaded 10.. Well, see what Windows 10 does to you. (i am running on Windows 10 Pro)

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I'm running on Windows 10 right now, and it's working perfectly. If you don't have anything malicious on your system you should be fine upgrading to Windows 10.
Note: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and not from Windows 8/8.1 so your experience may be different.

I did two full-scans before upgrading to Windows 10, though.

iStolen
09-04-2015, 03:12 PM
Well... cracktivated Windows 10.. no issues. (IF you have activation issues PM me, other than that, start the download.)

ianCSzz
09-04-2015, 03:15 PM
It looks great, though it doesn't run lagless, because of my low PC specs. :sweatdrop:

DumbOldDoor
09-04-2015, 04:22 PM
Idk why y'all hate windows 10 so much but I love it, it's better, has a neater design and I've had it for a month or so and not a single problem. Windows 8 was mostly for tablets I think so IMO it wasn't very good on PC. + you get the good ol' start menu back with Win 10! :D

WARMAKER
09-04-2015, 05:34 PM

I have had Windows Ten since it first let me update and i have never had a single problem with it at all, it works just fine no matter what game/app/browser i use and my connection is always fine. So it must be your computer because it's most definitely not the software.

DumbOldDoor
09-04-2015, 05:57 PM
I have had Windows Ten since it first let me update and i have never had a single problem with it at all, it works just fine no matter what game/app/browser i use and my connection is always fine. So it must be your computer because it's most definitely not the software.

I don't think it's his PC's fault, since a lot of people have had problems with Win10. I haven't had any problems although so I guess it's about luck..?

Magicalfishy
09-04-2015, 07:14 PM
Idk why y'all hate windows 10 so much but I love it, it's better, has a neater design and I've had it for a month or so and not a single problem. Windows 8 was mostly for tablets I think so IMO it wasn't very good on PC. + you get the good ol' start menu back with Win 10! :D

You think it's better if I upgrade to Windows 10 then?

DumbOldDoor
09-04-2015, 07:25 PM
You think it's better if I upgrade to Windows 10 then?

Yes .