PDA

View Full Version : A Tale of Two Cities

JOSHIE63
09-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Has anyone ever had to read this book? I have just read it over the summer, and its eloquent tendency to force the reader to piece the story together makes it my favorite book as of now. It is a great book overall. It takes place in the French Revolution, and centers around members of the nobility and aristocracy. For those who are in high school and have not read it yet, consider yourself lucky for not picking it up first year in high school, in summer reading! In an open-notes test where I had a packet of 125 short answer questions and a thorough character analysis of over twenty characters, I still failed to take note of such nuances; one of which being the number of people it took to make chocolate for the Monseigneur.

I have to take my test on A Midsummer Night's Dream, and then I must read Animal Farm and Slaughterhouse Five. Ninth grade — sounds fun. I just hope they are not as much a bore, as everyone makes good literature out to be dull, monotonous, and difficult to follow.

syrup
09-04-2015, 09:19 PM
One day in the life of Ivan Denisovich is a good read too.

EDIT: Animal farm is not as boring as you might think, just remember that everyone is equal, but some are more than equal.

Boomer
09-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Animal Farm was about the only book I was forced to read that I enjoyed. All the "leader" animals represent different evil leaders (Stalin, Hitler, Marx, etc.).

I read ATOTC, too, but didn't find it anything special.

JOSHIE63
09-05-2015, 11:48 PM
One day in the life of Ivan Denisovich is a good read too.

EDIT: Animal farm is not as boring as you might think, just remember that everyone is equal, but some are more than equal.

Animal Farm was about the only book I was forced to read that I enjoyed. All the "leader" animals represent different evil leaders (Stalin, Hitler, Marx, etc.).

I read ATOTC, too, but didn't find it anything special.

What is animal farm about generally. Do not give anything involving the plot, but just give me an idea about what I will be reading next week. It sounded kind of boring before, but if it is not that bad…

Shiruka
09-06-2015, 05:05 AM
Godamn Oliver Twist books. I read it.... in the old English form making it infuriatingly boring to read.

Maryjane
09-06-2015, 05:30 AM
Has anyone ever had to read this book? I have just read it over the summer, and its eloquent tendency to force the reader to piece the story together makes it my favorite book as of now. It is a great book overall. It takes place in the French Revolution, and centers around members of the nobility and aristocracy. For those who are in high school and have not read it yet, consider yourself lucky for not picking it up first year in high school, in summer reading! In an open-notes test where I had a packet of 125 short answer questions and a thorough character analysis of over twenty characters, I still failed to take note of such nuances; one of which being the number of people it took to make chocolate for the Monseigneur.

I have to take my test on A Midsummer Night's Dream, and then I must read Animal Farm and Slaughterhouse Five. Ninth grade — sounds fun. I just hope they are not as much a bore, as everyone makes good literature out to be dull, monotonous, and difficult to follow.

Good lord that book made me sleep. It's fine to read if I'm actually interested but I really don't seem to enjoy it.
Animal Farm and Midsummer Night's Dream is fine. It's not that boring.

SageDeoxys
09-06-2015, 05:32 AM
Too bad you don't have to read The Book Thief. That's a book you can easily dig into.

DahUnikorn
09-06-2015, 05:36 AM
Has anyone read Battle Royale? :crazy:

The movie is probably 75% different from the book. :whistling: