PDA

View Full Version : is my sister a weeaboo?

Hans
09-05-2015, 06:09 PM
so last 2 years, she deliberately changed her name to "Yuni" cuz of anime. she often speaks japanese too and is obssesed with stuff

we just transferred school this year and she introduces herself at the new school as "yuni" instead of "Hannah" (her real name)

so is she a weeaboo? before i shout out "YOU JAPANESE WANNABE! weeabo!" right now i need 5 of you to say yes

syrup
09-05-2015, 06:48 PM
A weeaboo is basically anyone tries to be Japanese because they are more interested in the sub-culture, anime, than actually anything other beside that.

ex: "Hey Hans, did you see that last episode of [anime name]?" "that's hans-chan to you, and no, i only read the manga its so much better, im also learning japanese on rosetta stone, so i guess i'm pretty japanese."

EDIT: You can like anime, watch anime, read the manga, talk about anime, but a weeaboo is pretty much all that and more what you would expect from people who are obsessed with anime, and want to be Japanese.

Hans
09-05-2015, 07:00 PM
A weeaboo is basically anyone tries to be Japanese because they are more interested in the sub-culture, anime, than actually anything other beside that.

ex: "Hey Hans, did you see that last episode of [anime name]?" "that's hans-chan to you, and no, i only read the manga its so much better, im also learning japanese on rosetta stone, so i guess i'm pretty japanese."

EDIT: You can like anime, watch anime, read the manga, talk about anime, but a weeaboo is pretty much all that and more what you would expect from people who are obsessed with anime, and want to be Japanese.

changing your name to japanese because you saw it in an anime, plus speaking japanese is what i would call weeaboo.

but idk.

Bruce Wayne
09-05-2015, 07:15 PM
So, a weeaboo is a person who is more Japanese than a Japanese person?

lol wat

Hans
09-05-2015, 07:26 PM
So, a weeaboo is a person who is more Japanese than a Japanese person?

lol wat

how can you be more japanese than a japanese person?

MAKES NO SENSE.

Kranken
09-05-2015, 07:30 PM
how can you be more japanese than a japanese person?

MAKES NO SENSE.

By being more japanese than a japanese person ofc

Mr T.
09-05-2015, 07:39 PM
so last 2 years, she deliberately changed her name to "Yuni" cuz of anime. she often speaks japanese too and is obssesed with stuff

we just transferred school this year and she introduces herself at the new school as "yuni" instead of "Hannah" (her real name)

so is she a weeaboo? before i shout out "YOU JAPANESE WANNABE! weeabo!" right now i need 5 of you to say yes

I think you should help her before she takes a body pillow as her husband.

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFQQALduhzA

TToro
09-05-2015, 08:37 PM

yes
you see, i can tell
im a very specific type of weeaboo therefore i am not a weeaboo
im not making excuses, let me explain

I am obsessed with JoJO an I love the artstyle of anime, i usually only listen to music from anime because i like the genres they use.
and its hard to find music like jojo has mate
does that sound like a weeaboo? well, if it does, its not.
i've been this same obsessed with people and fandoms before. like steven universe, gravity falls, Markiplier, phonecats, my gt friends, on and on

a weeaboo is someone obsessed with japan AND maybe/usually anime. if she speaks japanese for the purpose of learning new languages when she's older and traveling around the world, its likeliness of because she is a weeaboo decreases.
if she just wants to be kawaii sugoi anime schoolgirl then she's a weeaboo

so ye
but it isnt like she is a zombie or anything. she's still your sister, and you should love her :)

Simplify_
09-05-2015, 08:40 PM
She is o_o

Let's just hope she doesn't claim to be "trans-racial" ._.

PolarisHD
09-05-2015, 09:22 PM
Yea. That's a pretty awesome sister, if you ask me. I guess that's just me being a closet weeaboo.

Btw, what anime does she watch? I have a sister too and she watches KnB, NGNL, Death Note, and Free!

KKcupcake
09-06-2015, 01:56 AM
sHE IS A WEEABOO

STAY AWAY

Mr T.
09-06-2015, 01:59 AM
It's like a disease.
Run
Run
Run

BioTestificate
09-06-2015, 04:33 AM
If she changed her name into something becuase of some influence, it should do no harm because some people who got interested in {this fandom} do that... unless it starts meddling with her real-life interactions with others.

Ahve you ever tried shouting "YOU JAPANESE WANNABE! weeabo!" to her?

She obviously wants to be Japanese.

If you have doubts about your sister being a weeaboo, email support@growtopiagame.com.

I think you're just being too paranoid or whatnot.
teeeeeeeen

Hans
09-06-2015, 05:09 AM
Yea. That's a pretty awesome sister, if you ask me. I guess that's just me being a closet weeaboo.

Btw, what anime does she watch? I have a sister too and she watches KnB, NGNL, Death Note, and Free!

i dont rlly get along much with her cuz

me = gaming, anime, loner

sis = social media, anime, friends, much drama in life, polar opposite of me LITERALLY.

- - - Updated - - -

teeeeeeeen

idk

not paranoid

- - - Updated - - -

yes
you see, i can tell
im a very specific type of weeaboo therefore i am not a weeaboo
im not making excuses, let me explain

I am obsessed with JoJO an I love the artstyle of anime, i usually only listen to music from anime because i like the genres they use.
and its hard to find music like jojo has mate
does that sound like a weeaboo? well, if it does, its not.
i've been this same obsessed with people and fandoms before. like steven universe, gravity falls, Markiplier, phonecats, my gt friends, on and on

a weeaboo is someone obsessed with japan AND maybe/usually anime. if she speaks japanese for the purpose of learning new languages when she's older and traveling around the world, its likeliness of because she is a weeaboo decreases.
if she just wants to be kawaii sugoi anime schoolgirl then she's a weeaboo

so ye
but it isnt like she is a zombie or anything. she's still your sister, and you should love her :)

yea i guess so.

good thing he isnt a zombie or anything.

- - - Updated - - -

By being more japanese than a japanese person ofc

lol noob you cant.

- - - Updated - - -

sHE IS A WEEABOO

STAY AWAY

shes my sister i cant

- - - Updated - - -

She is o_o

Let's just hope she doesn't claim to be "trans-racial" ._.

its near there .

Areodax
09-06-2015, 07:48 AM
That's quite a severe case.

If she does it too much, snap her out of it.

dorie2739
09-06-2015, 08:05 AM
Yaaaaaassssssssssss :nope::panic:

Conan
09-06-2015, 08:11 AM
So if a japanese dude turns into a weeb he will become more japanese?

Time to turn mah sister to a weeb jk

If she uses an anime name as her nickname IRL, be scared. Soon enough she will marry a body pillow. And be obsessed with yaoi.

BTW how old is she

Hans
09-06-2015, 08:16 AM
So if a japanese dude turns into a weeb he will become more japanese?

Time to turn mah sister to a weeb jk

If she uses an anime name as her nickname IRL, be scared. Soon enough she will marry a body pillow. And be obsessed with yaoi.

BTW how old is she

15 or 14 idk

i dont even remember my own age anymore.

im pretty sure now its 13 tho

- - - Updated - - -

That's quite a severe case.

If she does it too much, snap her out of it.

lol dun worry

she doesnt do it too much nowadays but the name "yuni" is what she lieks

shes inactive in anime cuz of projects, school, dancing, practice and stuff

shes almost NEVER at house nowadays.

ianCSzz
09-06-2015, 08:26 AM
Stop her before she has a hasubandu

Hans
09-06-2015, 08:30 AM
Y'all being paranoid. She knows better than to marry a damn pillow with Ryota Kise printed on it, nor will she speak Japanese all day long.

XxJeirinxX
09-06-2015, 08:33 AM
She is a weeaboo.

BioTestificate
09-06-2015, 08:35 AM
Y'all being paranoid. She knows better than to marry a damn pillow with Ryota Kise printed on it, nor will she speak Japanese all day long.

I'm actually not.
Seriously, I forgot to ask: why disclose her RL name here?

Conan
09-06-2015, 08:37 AM
I'm actually not.
Seriously, I forgot to ask: why disclose her RL name here?

I'm currently stalking Hans' facebook to find her sister *insert lenny*

Hans
09-06-2015, 08:55 AM
I'm currently stalking Hans' facebook to find her sister *insert lenny*

oh crap no.

anyway.

why did i even add you in the first place *insert lenny face*

Conan
09-06-2015, 09:42 AM
oh crap no.

anyway.

why did i even add you in the first place *insert lenny face*

Because I am the most awesome and most fabulous person in the universe.

BEAT THAT PEWDS

Hans
09-06-2015, 10:03 AM
Because I am the most awesome and most fabulous person in the universe.

BEAT THAT PEWDS

OH OK .