PDA

View Full Version : Deep thought provoking questions

GummiBear64
09-06-2015, 02:56 AM
Can you prove to me the world didn't start last Sunday?

(I saw this photo on Facebook so >inb4 IceKane says "omg u read my post.")
If our brain still has seven minutes of brain activity left after we die, and our brain presumably uses those seven minutes to relive our memories and dreams feel stretched, how do we know if we are dreaming or alive right now?

Tjsp
09-06-2015, 03:02 AM

If our brain still has seven minutes of brain activity left after we die, and our brain presumably uses those seven minutes to relive our memories and dreams feel stretched, how do we know if we are dreaming or alive right now?

That was my thread:rolleyes:

I checked it out and it's true. It's basically like a flashback thing. To check out it were either dead or alive, set a timer to 8 minutes. Simple.

ImAPogo
09-06-2015, 03:04 AM
If we're dreaming usually the things you see is like in a white frame like clouds.Its true,everytime Im dreaming I can see white cloud frames around my eyes O_o

Derpyderp
09-06-2015, 03:05 AM

would that explain deja vu's?

GummiBear64
09-06-2015, 03:09 AM
That was my thread:rolleyes:

I checked it out and it's true. It's basically like a flashback thing. To check out it were either dead or alive, set a timer to 8 minutes. Simple.
Yeah, I saw it on Facebook a while ago and that thread made me remember it.

If we're dreaming usually the things you see is like in a white frame like clouds.Its true,everytime Im dreaming I can see white cloud frames around my eyes O_o
Never happened to me. My dreams always occur the way I would see it if I were awake.

would that explain deja vu's?
Possibly.

It's ironic, no one has answered the first one, lmao.

Magicalfishy
09-06-2015, 03:28 AM
It's actually pretty easy to tell if you're dreaming or not. And it's even easier to tell when you're actually awake. :p

GummiBear64
09-06-2015, 03:35 AM
It's actually pretty easy to tell if you're dreaming or not. And it's even easier to tell when you're actually awake. :p

But, how do you know if you are living your life or just witnessing what happened?

Tjsp
09-06-2015, 03:39 AM
But, how do you know if you are living your life or just witnessing what happened?

Set a timer to 8 minutes. If it finishes, you ain't dead. Done.:rolleyes:

IceKane
09-06-2015, 03:55 AM

I wouldn't say "omg" in a post, I'd rather say "emerghed" or something :rolleyes: Also, I don't spell "u" like that.

Wait a minute, what does your first question have to do with your trivia? Oh yeah, someone asked me that question, too. I thought about it:

Can you prove to me that the world didn't start five days ago?

Oh, that was you, lel.

Aram Sevag
09-06-2015, 04:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2jkV4BsN6U

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seemed relevant to this thread.

KKcupcake
09-06-2015, 04:43 AM
Set a timer to 8 minutes. If it finishes, you ain't dead. Done.:rolleyes:

no, when you die and relive memories, your brain makes it seem like it's not eight minutes, so it wouldn't help

Hans
09-06-2015, 05:10 AM

you lmaos

i was gonna ask this

ianCSzz
09-06-2015, 05:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2jkV4BsN6U^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Seemed relevant to this thread.Dayum, you beat me to it. I've just wanna post this video.

GummiBear64
09-06-2015, 05:32 AM
I wouldn't say "omg" in a post, I'd rather say "emerghed" or something :rolleyes: Also, I don't spell "u" like that.

Wait a minute, what does your first question have to do with your trivia? Oh yeah, someone asked me that question, too. I thought about it:

Oh, that was you, lel.
They're both completely different questions.

no, when you die and relive memories, your brain makes it seem like it's not eight minutes, so it wouldn't help
exactly.

you lmaos

i was gonna ask this
too bad I did lol numpty

Myrred
09-06-2015, 05:59 AM
I've always wondered about that, honestly.. And it always leads to my inevitable existential crisis which prevents me from doing ANYTHING. Anything at all.

So it's best to just enjoy the moment, whether its real or not