PDA

View Full Version : Depression...

26FtW26
09-09-2015, 04:24 PM
I've never had depression, and I hope I never will, sounds like some scary stuff. (but I am still only 12, and you probably don't get that at such a young age)

Has anyone gone thru depression or anything? I wanna know what it feels like so maybe I can help someone if they say they're experiencing stuff like that.

TheWestonGuy
09-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Bro i'm 12 aswell, I have anxiety attacks, anxiety depression, social anxiety. Mostly adults have anxiety, but i have a rare cause.

- - - Updated - - -

Also anxiety is all other sorts. So basically i went through 7 anxiety attacks probably. Or over 12. My first was that i felt all of my lungs press together, and i couldn't breathe. But i actually can! it's just a feeling. And i felt also that my blood is still. Not moving. I was holding my hand up in the sky without holding. I was like *** is this??

Derpyderp
09-09-2015, 05:16 PM
I've never had depression, and I hope I never will, sounds like some scary stuff. (but I am still only 12, and you probably don't get that at such a young age)

Has anyone gone thru depression or anything? I wanna know what it feels like so maybe I can help someone if they say they're experiencing stuff like that.

Depression can hit anyone for any reason and no reason
It's like the feeling of losing a family member but the feeling last longer, sometimes months and even years,
It can bring other feelings like, self worthlessness, thinking as if you achieved nothing, bad stuff and so forth
It's hard to notice tho, they sometimes push away possible hangouts or even laying in bed for no reason for hours on end, crying in random places, they want to disappear to stop existing, etc

But its hard to detect since they don't want you to know they're depressed since they don't want to bother you, they don't want you to have the knowledge that they are depressed and they don't want help as they put on a mask of "happiness" so that you think everything is fine

Try and talk on and offline, they might open up

While I'm not always right its an attempt at explaining

Mr T.
09-09-2015, 05:17 PM

I suffer from depression.

Worst feeling ever.

26FtW26
09-09-2015, 05:32 PM
Depression can hit anyone for any reason and no reason
It's like the feeling of losing a family member but the feeling last longer, sometimes months and even years,
It can bring other feelings like, self worthlessness, thinking as if you achieved nothing, bad stuff and so forth
It's hard to notice tho, they sometimes push away possible hangouts or even laying in bed for no reason for hours on end, crying in random places, they want to disappear to stop existing, etc

But its hard to detect since they don't want you to know they're depressed since they don't want to bother you, they don't want you to have the knowledge that they are depressed and they don't want help as they put on a mask of "happiness" so that you think everything is fine

Try and talk on and offline, they might open up

While I'm not always right its an attempt at explaining

so is it like a sickness? random sadness sounds crazy to me.

Derpyderp
09-09-2015, 06:37 PM
so is it like a sickness? random sadness sounds crazy to me.

It's a serious mental illness depending on the time spent being in depression, there's also different kinds of depression, you can read it up if you just search.

Hypnoid
09-09-2015, 06:38 PM

All I can say is...I just ruined my life.

Deniss Fjodorovs
09-09-2015, 06:57 PM
I don't think I feeled one but I think it's mixture of confusing and sadness or madness. (Or both)

Space
09-09-2015, 07:19 PM
Most kids that will reply to this thread saying that they’ve been depressed have most probably not been diagnosed by a doctor. The internet is a knowledge source I suggest you google a few things about it. One thing I can say with certainty: you don’t want to have it.

Jackk
09-09-2015, 08:40 PM
My real life friend had depression when he was 13. It can happen to anyone, anytime.

unconscious98
09-09-2015, 09:02 PM
you find no value in life.
you wish to just disappear.
the thought of suicide would get stronger and stronger.
you have no energy
you feel sad all the time
you want to cry
you want to die
you don't care anymore

yeah.. this is just mild depression. or just stress at most, it's nothing like the big one.

Areodax
09-09-2015, 09:30 PM
Its indescribable.

I hid my true feelings with a smile, but it hurts more in the inside.

Stress, love, school, crappy social life....