PDA

View Full Version : Everything you know will be gone one day

Space
09-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Think about it. Everything that we know of will cease to exist maybe in a few minutes (flies insects etc), a few years, a few centuries, millennia, hundreds of thousands of years or even trillions of years. Even the universe is going to cease to exist someday.

Just think about that...

GT_PIJUS
09-09-2015, 07:32 PM
Your name speaks to me what I imagine.

26FtW26
09-09-2015, 08:08 PM
Ya nobody cares, we'll all be dead then

PURPLE585
09-09-2015, 08:09 PM
based on the belief of science anyway

syrup
09-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Did you just find this out?

MyLegGuy
09-09-2015, 09:55 PM
I wonder how many billions of years after I'm dead will that happen.

syrup
09-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Read this story, it's really interesting: http://www.physics.princeton.edu/ph115/LQ.pdf

Or the comic: http://imgur.com/gallery/9KWrH

The last question is one of my favorite short stories.

Magicalfishy
09-09-2015, 10:28 PM
According to evolution we'll be evolved past the sun, heck we'll be a sun ourselves.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/ba8df17ac23966dbb13f8058a350c3d7/tumblr_mzucauvoa11ru72puo1_r1_400.gif

Truth is, if we keep evolving at this rate we'll still be humans! : o

Chocolatte
09-09-2015, 10:40 PM
It depends entirely on circumstance. We may adapt to global warming, but it may not happen. If we do adapt to global warming, what will happen in the next ice age? Mass death. And we may yet evolve again, but in the few million years after global warming, society will return to this burning surface of the Earth. Heck, by then technology would be so advanced we could travel to another galaxy and live there for a few billion years. But you never know, it all depends on circumstance.

MiniLA
09-09-2015, 11:15 PM
wow i didn't know this god.
obviously logical people would've realized this ages ago

Tempting
09-10-2015, 12:01 AM
Ehh.. I was watching channel one news in channel one today

3 trillion trees right now
15 billion are killed a year
Trees = Life

3t/15b = 200 years for humans to live

I think you might be a bit off..

Clarken (ciarken)
09-10-2015, 12:13 AM

Trees = Life

Silly, we could live 1000s of years without trees, not to mention many trees are protected, and many laws would be made if it got to bad. Also OP ik a thing called time, it won't cease to exist so you're wrong.

Space
09-10-2015, 05:00 AM
If humans can colonize space doesnt guarantee that theyll survive for ever.

Tech
09-10-2015, 05:03 AM
Science ruins everything.

Space
09-10-2015, 05:04 AM
R
According to evolution we'll be evolved past the sun, heck we'll be a sun ourselves.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/ba8df17ac23966dbb13f8058a350c3d7/tumblr_mzucauvoa11ru72puo1_r1_400.gif

Truth is, if we keep evolving at this rate we'll still be humans! : o

Evolution is about adapting to the emviorment my friend, you dont simply evolve to a star, you adapt as species.
Example:

Humans colonize a distant planet and its on average coldered than earth or has a bit higher radiation levels. Humans would adapt over that enviorment after many generations.
They might get slightly thicker skin or what ever would benefit them (its not like you can choose "I want that trait") but you get that.

golddash
09-10-2015, 11:22 AM
I could see that maybe our during our grandchildrens(if we have any lol) generation humanity is screwed. Global warming is doing a big harm right now, and the fact that we keep growing at a constant rate at about 1 baby born per second, I don't think we can last more than 100 years anymore.

Shadin Siddique
09-10-2015, 11:30 AM
Global Warming is a huge treat! Human population will increase a lot every year, (and decrease due to death) which will causes people to do deforestation for human spaces causing global warming, low oxygen because of less trees and plants, more carbon dioxide which traps sun rays causing heat, very.

Plus, ozone layer is already wrecked, a bit!

Brys
09-10-2015, 11:44 AM

Trees = Life

Yea I saw that too. The world may not end because we dont have enough trees but because of how much gas we burn which will make the world hotter which makes it harder for us to live.

Magicalfishy
09-10-2015, 12:13 PM
R

Evolution is about adapting to the emviorment my friend, you dont simply evolve to a star, you adapt as species.
Example:

Humans colonize a distant planet and its on average coldered than earth or has a bit higher radiation levels. Humans would adapt over that enviorment after many generations.
They might get slightly thicker skin or what ever would benefit them (its not like you can choose "I want that trait") but you get that.

I wouldn't call starting out as pond scum an evolutionary piece of our "species."

XDCorez
09-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Science ruins everything.

Omg so true, i can't believe we look like Monkeys during evolution.

Its Daniel
09-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Unless our species can reach that time when the universe dies.

Its Daniel
09-10-2015, 01:25 PM
It will, but by then we'll be Humansaurs.

Nah. With all of the things happening right now, we can't reach that time.

Space
09-10-2015, 02:51 PM
I wouldn't call starting out as pond scum an evolutionary piece of our "species."

Look my friend, I dont want to start a flamewar so I wont respond to your comments unless it isnt religion based.

PotatoMarco
09-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Global Warming is a huge treat! Human population will increase a lot every year, (and decrease due to death) which will causes people to do deforestation for human spaces causing global warming, low oxygen because of less trees and plants, more carbon dioxide which traps sun rays causing heat, very.

Plus, ozone layer is already wrecked, a bit!

Sure is a good treat
jk

Trust me, instead of sitting on your bums and worrying that we would all die one day, why dont you go and do something about it? The next generation probably wont get to live past 30 if we continue living like we do right now. Stop using straws, recycle, bring your own bag when shopping, and all that stuff. It might seem silly, but will you really wait until our water sources are depleted before we change? Does the world have to burn before you realize that you dont really need 7 straws to drink water?

Act now.

Arnold
09-10-2015, 03:59 PM
This is deeper than the Mariana trench.

Hans
09-10-2015, 06:01 PM
I keep in mind everyday that everything will disappear and will be eradicated someday.

It gives me relief, honestly.

peck
09-10-2015, 08:36 PM
Silly, we could live 1000s of years without trees, not to mention many trees are protected, and many laws would be made if it got to bad. Also OP ik a thing called time, it won't cease to exist so you're wrong.

Erm no trees means no solid supply of oxygen and cars are racing people to the supply and laws aren't protecting many trees at all. Alaska/Canada and bits of Russia are the heart of the world at the moment and they are getting mowed real well.
I think he's talking about earth or galaxies as a whole spinning towards/away from each other causing death in the future, time is a measurement and I don't think he's talking about it.

Not worth stressing about the environment because nobody is going to fix the decline until their life is actually in danger.

- - - Updated - - -

I keep in mind everyday that everything will disappear and will be eradicated someday.

It gives me relief, honestly.

Agreed, fresh slates.

Cloverlord
09-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Scary to think about. It'll happen though, someday.

syrup
09-10-2015, 08:50 PM
"If we is evolved from monkey's, why there still monkey?!" - Disgruntled American

If you believe in Buddha, Allah, baby Jesus or whatever, don't try to force your opinion, you might as well be giving me a brochure on AFRICAN SPACE JESUS: NEW SPACE AGE RELIGION

Space
09-11-2015, 04:32 AM

My friend time can and will stop. Google time dilation time goes slower when near to a blackhole and might even completly vanish when in a black hole.

Magicalfishy
09-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Look my friend, I dont want to start a flamewar so I wont respond to your comments unless it isnt religion based.

Well, evolution is a religion. And I was simply stating that if we started as pond scum and became humans, how would we not be able to become stars?

Oh, not to mention I found scrap parts for a watch, stuck em in a box and shook it for 2 weeks straight. Somehow it all got pieced together and it ticks every single second, minute, hour, and it even has the exact date! Wow.

You do realize that evolution requires more belief than God? The actual chances for evolution require belief in odds less than .00001/900,000,000,000,000,000.

Space
09-11-2015, 03:20 PM
Well, evolution is a religion. And I was simply stating that if we started as pond scum and became humans, how would we not be able to become stars?

Oh, not to mention I found scrap parts for a watch, stuck em in a box and shook it for 2 weeks straight. Somehow it all got pieced together and it ticks every single second, minute, hour, and it even has the exact date! Wow.

You do realize that evolution requires more belief than God? The actual chances for evolution require belief in odds less than .00001/900,000,000,000,000,000.

My friend, If you want to talk about religion we should privately chat.