PDA

View Full Version : How do you speed up your PC when playing games? :(

The Cookie
09-15-2015, 10:53 AM
I'm playing an online zombie game (The Last Stand 2), I liked it very much when I was younger and I wanted to play again then now it lags every 3-6seconds...

Also, are apps that promise to make your phone faster fake?
Ex. Game boosters

Areodax
09-15-2015, 11:20 AM
PC? All I know is add more memory and use apps that use less RAM.

If it's a phone, I don't know a way really. And I don't think Game Boosters do that. Unless someone else can disprove me.

Conan
09-15-2015, 11:22 AM
IF it's a phone or tab get a better one.

Game Boosters or "Battery Savers" or "Task Managers" are crapware that usually mess with how android deals with memory management.

The Cookie
09-15-2015, 11:27 AM
Does clearing history/cookies (:cry:) help even a bit to speed up my pc?

Conan
09-15-2015, 11:29 AM
Does clearing history/cookies (:cry:) help even a bit to speed up my pc?

It only speeds up loading of websites a bit since it removes the cookies from the HTTP request

BTW that quote from D0GE doesn't apply when you buy a PC from Digital Storm :p

The Cookie
09-15-2015, 11:35 AM
Oooo thanks for the replies...

BTW that quote from D0GE doesn't apply when you buy a PC from Digital Storm :p
lol my pc is old my parents don't even remember where they bought it lol

Wronix
09-15-2015, 01:10 PM
Oooo thanks for the replies...

lol my pc is old my parents don't even remember where they bought it lol

A dell (aka the worst pc in human history)?

Upgrade your GC.

Is it hot? Get a better fan..

Full? Get more memory..

But then.. if it's a dell, I feel your suffering m8 : (

dorie2739
09-15-2015, 01:15 PM
Razer game booster works for me when I play League. (pc I play with is only dual core intel with only 2gb ram :cry:)
And I have this app called Advance system care which helps me clean my pc and ccleaner too.
Search up on google on how to increase fps on games, you'll find a lot of answers.

dorie2739
09-15-2015, 01:28 PM
STOP USING THESE TOOLS. THEY MESS UP YOUR SYSTEM AND DON'T TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING

For me, I got a discrete GPU and installed more RAM. I mixed 1333 and 1600 ram but all seems fine now

Well, nothing really bad happened YET? Except that It lets me play games on my pc with less annoying lags. I've been using them for like a long time now and It really gave me more fps, at least based on my experience and I've proven them for myself.

Str8snipe
09-15-2015, 01:45 PM
Simple things to help speed up

1. Type Disk Cleanup on your start menu and do it, It cleans up old useless build up files

2. Go to control panel and uninstall any un-needed programs to clear up some space.

3. If you know anything about computers Upgrade your ram....

4. Open task manager and close any un-needed Processes NOTE: May want to google the process to make sure that its not going to affect your computer.

And by the way Never use and Speed up your PC programs they all mess with your PC some make your PC slower on purpose so you will buy their premium offers.

Joshcat
09-15-2015, 02:02 PM
I guess getting more RAM would help or a good processor...

The Cookie
09-15-2015, 02:06 PM
I'm just going to buy a new one D:

Str8snipe
09-15-2015, 02:11 PM
actually #2 isn't needed

Just Win+R, "msconfig", Startup, disable everything except your antivirus

True.

This is why you don't buy form a company you custom build, But i guess not everyone has the money for it.

Ill be uploading a vid of my $15000 custom build with the red harbinger crossdesk and fully custom water cooling system soon. if anyone is interested

peck
09-15-2015, 02:29 PM
I haven't seen a non-server water submerged system in a long time. If novec's prices drop (now it's like $200 per gallon - what the heck?) I may give water cooling a try, since Prime95 brings my CPU core temps up to 98 degrees C (TJ Max aka maximum before speeds reduction)

If it's 15k it better be submerged :o

these bubbles tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIbnl3Pj15w

98 Celsius or fereignheit aha. Ones great the other might as well die as you likely already know.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm playing an online zombie game (The Last Stand 2), I liked it very much when I was younger and I wanted to play again then now it lags every 3-6seconds...

Also, are apps that promise to make your phone faster fake?
Ex. Game boosters

Many smartphones today are designed to store processes in the RAM so they're so quick to open. It's generally not good to use these boosters even when they do what they say because you could bug your phone a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

A dell (aka the worst pc in human history)?

Upgrade your GC.

Is it hot? Get a better fan..

Full? Get more memory..

But then.. if it's a dell, I feel your suffering m8 : (

Dell is a branding haha. I own a Dell that'll slice up many pc's in any benchmarking, yet other dell pc's are filled with outdated hardware. If a pc is running hot enough to be of concern, a better fan or another fan will help 5c at most with good positive/negative pressure airflow.

peck
09-15-2015, 02:32 PM
Stock intel cooler
http://ark.intel.com/products/52209/Intel-Core-i5-2500-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_70-GHz
https://i.gyazo.com/c4621d4170b0704a0cfd4047751f19c9.jpg
If it dies, I can get a Xeon E3-1230 and install it, then there will be even more power and no more problems. But I take good care of my computers.

Good choice and good budget.