PDA

View Full Version : Needing Advice

AlphaAngel
09-15-2015, 10:22 PM
Any tips on how to balance my life? I have school, writing, and Growtopia. All three are overwhelmingly time consuming, and I always prioritize Growtopia first (naturally). What do you think is the best way to find a balance between the three?

Venus
09-15-2015, 10:27 PM
Any tips on how to balance my life? I have school, writing, and Growtopia. All three are overwhelmingly time consuming, and I always prioritize Growtopia first (naturally). What do you think is the best way to find a balance between the three?
If you are reading this this is what i would recommend
If your trying to get rich by farming or mass producing 5+Hours everyday and the rest for hw and school and wrting
If your just playing the game 2 hour chilling is enough
If your a hardcore puzzler or likes parkour and wotds 1 Hour is surely enough
Hope this helps

meowza
09-15-2015, 10:42 PM
As an experienced therapist (yes I help my friends with problems Pshh lol) I recommend putting school first. Yes I may sound like a buzzkill but here's what you should do
1. Plan ahead of time.
Try to do your homework right after school either in the bus, in your parents car, or while your waiting to be picked up. (Unless you are old enough to drive then do it when you get home). Try not get distracted by your friends.
2. Take SMALL breaks in between
After finishing one subjects homework take a small 5 min break. Ex: let's say you finish all your math homework, take a 5 min break then do your social studies. If you are studying for a test take a 10-20 min break. Research shows you work better anyways when there are small breaks in between.
3. Don't get distracted
Try to focus while doing your work. The longer you stay focused the quicker you will finish and the faster you can play growtopia
4. DONT STRESS/ CRAM
Studies show people who didn't know they were taking a test stressed less and did better opposed to people who knew. Also studies show if you cram all your studying late at night you will less likely memorize the facts due to being tired

Good luck! And remember inbetween the breaks, after your done, and when you have no homework is when you should be playing growtopia.

AlphaAngel
09-15-2015, 10:48 PM
Average Growtopia day is 3-5 hours on weekdays. 5-7 on weekends. I have over 3k hours on this game. Growtopia is my first priority. Thank you for the tips though, you gave me an idea meowza.

meowza
09-15-2015, 10:50 PM
Average Growtopia day is 3-5 hours on weekdays. 5-7 on weekends. I have over 3k hours on this game. Growtopia is my first priority. Thank you for the tips though, you gave me an idea meowza.

No problem! :) Good luck

MyLegGuy
09-15-2015, 10:52 PM
I would recommend quitting Growtopia. Or play for like an hour after every update.

AlphaAngel
09-15-2015, 10:53 PM
I would recommend quitting Growtopia. Or play for like an hour after every update.

Immediately denied :crazy:

PonyGarYelow
09-15-2015, 11:25 PM
I'd suggest laying off Growtopia a bit. I'm not saying you should quit, but school and real life are much more important and will benefit you way more than Growtopia ever will. Try doing all your real life work first, and then play Growtopia. Use that as motivation to finish your work faster.

keep
09-16-2015, 02:06 AM
Video games are okay to play every now and then but when they become a segment of your life it's hard to help you. I don't really enjoy the idea of spending free time on video games or watching television when you could be doing so much more.

DahUnikorn
09-16-2015, 02:37 AM
Not trying to be mean, I love GT. But try putting important things first; school.

I have a mean schedule on me. I have sports, homework, and extra classes to raise my applications for schools.

Don't try to multitask, it's worse than you think... :crazy:

Indicative
09-16-2015, 05:57 AM
Finish your school task first, don't make Growtopia as a priority.