PDA

View Full Version : Halp me

Ceyx_GrowT
09-16-2015, 11:22 AM
Anyone knows any website where I can learn English to improve my grammar?

iPluse
09-16-2015, 11:37 AM
Google Translate Helps! type In Which Words You know And Make It English like That

Ceyx_GrowT
09-16-2015, 11:51 AM
Google Translate Helps! type In Which Words You know And Make It English like That
Lawl. My friend was doing a presentation in front of the class (on English class, of course). Her grammar is really bad, even worse than mine. She said that she used the Google Translate :crazy:. Then my teacher told us to don't use it, the translator is a bullsh*t!

laylaj
09-16-2015, 12:09 PM
you can buy grammer english book

Hypnoid
09-16-2015, 12:26 PM
Anyone knows any website where I can learn English to improve my grammar?

Read books.Also,forum is a little booster for grammer.

ImAHelper
09-16-2015, 12:30 PM
I've always been superb at English, but I also LOVE to read. So I'd advise reading random books your interested in. :)

Maybe you have a local library, if you have a device there's loads of apps that I'm sure other people have commented before me. :D

ElectroDream
09-16-2015, 01:22 PM
Read English novels, I bet that your school's library has those. But if they don't, then go to the public library. PM me if you need the address. It's free to sign up there, I signed in once.

But if you hate reading books, then you can watch English movies, or vlogs, or whatever similar so you can get used to people's accent(s). Then, If you don't know the meaning of a word, search it, but ONLY THAT WORD. Don't go to google translate and translate the whole sentence man, it will give you the wrong translation, however, one word or two is still ok.

Pay attention to the English class too, trust me. It helped me a bit. Also, browsing around the forum and gathering new vocabulary is a fun thing to do. At least it's fun for me. :crazy:

Hans
09-16-2015, 01:27 PM
Talk to Megazork, JOSHIE63 and Masqueraded. Helps alot.

Ceyx_GrowT
09-16-2015, 01:39 PM
Read English novels, I bet that your school's library has those. But if they don't, then go to the public library. PM me if you need the address. It's free to sign up there, I signed in once.

But if you hate reading books, then you can watch English movies, or vlogs, or whatever similar so you can get used to people's accent(s). Then, If you don't know the meaning of a word, search it, but ONLY THAT WORD. Don't go to google translate and translate the whole sentence man, it will give you the wrong translation, however, one word or two is still ok.

Pay attention to the English class too, trust me. It helped me a bit. Also, browsing around the forum and gathering new vocabulary is a fun thing to do. At least it's fun for me. :crazy:
Sure I'll PM you.

BTW, I couldn't even learn English nicely in the class. My teacher use his "system", that he will explain only a bit of the lesson. Then he will let us to study at home ourself and explain about the materials to the others in front of the class, and the most active student will gets score.

My friend's grammar are really bad. Not to be arrogant or what, but that's what makes it hard to understand their explaination.

ElectroDream
09-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Sure I'll PM you.

BTW, I couldn't even learn English nicely in the class. My teacher use his "system", that he will explain only a bit of the lesson. Then he will let us to study at home ourself and explain about the materials to the others in front of the class, and the most active student will gets score.

My friend's grammar are really bad. Not to be arrogant or what, but that's what makes it hard to understand their explaination.

My school uses similar kind of teaching method too, but we use PowerPoint slides to "explain" the materials, so it isn't that hard, and in the end, the teacher will re-explain it to us.

Well, read THEIR materials too. Or if you don't have any tuitions yet, you should consider on joining in one. Especially English ones.

IceKane
09-16-2015, 01:48 PM
Talk to Megazork, JOSHIE63 and Masqueraded. Helps alot.

Funny how you didn't include yourself in your list.

To Ceyx:
Yep, listen to ibidem (if you know that word), just read stuff that you like.

iNegotiate
09-16-2015, 01:54 PM

I used Google Translate one time, Then never thought to tried it second time. :rolleyes:

ianCSzz
09-16-2015, 02:03 PM
The Introduction/Farewells/Drama subforum has a bunch of people who are grammar senpai, you know which one. Learn from their posts. :crazy:

Also, https://www.grammarly.com/ seems like a good grammar checker, try it!