PDA

View Full Version : After 5-6 years of using android i somehow caught a virus on my phone

TheKill69
09-19-2015, 01:01 AM
Some random ads were randomly lauching on my phone (even vids while playing Growtopia!) and i couldn't find what they were from, i uninstalled some apps i don't use anymore and still had the same problem
Installed some "anti-virus" apps (antivirus are useless on phones... but i did it still)

Browsing my apps i randomly came across this

Why was a "system.process" app in the DOWNLOADED apps categories?
I was able to remove it and the ads stopped.

So yeah becareful where you travel on the web, especially when you are browsing cracked apps and get redirected to crap websites such as onclickads.net.

I still wonder how that fake thing appeared on my phone.
It never prompted me to install any such thing.

WOOWOOWOO
09-19-2015, 01:06 AM
Same thing happened to me, I downloaded a app called Transparent lockscreen. Then decided to play growtopia. Ads came every 30 seconds. Got it off though :rolleyes:

TheKill69
09-19-2015, 01:06 AM
Same thing happened to me, I downloaded a app called Transparent lockscreen. Then decided to play growtopia. Ads came every 30 seconds. Got it off though :rolleyes:

In my case i never ever installed nor downloaded that malware.

WOOWOOWOO
09-19-2015, 01:08 AM

Or maybe downloaded something off the internet, never doing that again. :whistling:

xZachCottonx
09-19-2015, 01:08 AM

If you're having trouble with your phone and the viruses you're receiving, try emailing support@growtopiagame.com

MyLegGuy
09-19-2015, 01:10 AM
Nice catch. I wonder how many other people would've noticed that system.process does not belong in downloaded.

If you're having trouble with your phone and the viruses you're receiving, try emailing support@growtopiagame.com

You're annoying.

TheKill69
09-19-2015, 01:11 AM

Get off the forums ty

xZachCottonx
09-19-2015, 01:13 AM
Get off the forums, I hate u and u should be banned!

Dang.......

Jeremy012
09-19-2015, 01:14 AM

What if i also suddenly have a heart attack

TheKill69
09-19-2015, 01:14 AM
Nice catch. I wonder how many other people would've noticed that system.process does not belong in downloaded.

Hah by the way Avast for android didn't detect crap
Same for AVG
Same for Ad Detectors that crashed everytime while scanning the app list at the same exact number

xZachCottonx
09-19-2015, 01:18 AM
What if i also suddenly have a heart attack

If you're having a heart attack try emailing support@growtopiagame.com

SpeedFreakz
09-19-2015, 01:18 AM
I'm experience that when I watch a movies on browser and redirected to onclickads.net.

Bruce Wayne
09-19-2015, 03:15 AM
If you're having a heart attack try emailing support@growtopiagame.com

If you're having a problem with xZachCottonx try emailing support@rtsoft.com