PDA

View Full Version : Why do you choose Android over iOS and vice versa ?

Kevin Guswanto
09-19-2015, 03:55 AM
let's start with mine , im using samsung galaxy S3 , yeah an old device , er because i like to using cheat on some game , and android is just a right place to do that. yeah, that was a stupid reason ..

OLiVERi
09-19-2015, 04:13 AM
I like Android
cause it's cheaper?

APK FILES :cool:

SpeedFreakz
09-19-2015, 04:18 AM
Android because... Its cheap?

That's right bb.

Deniss Fjodorovs
09-19-2015, 04:18 AM
Android is best.
Root gives more possibilities.
But jailbreak don't offer such.
Android is cheaper and better.
Android has some cool apps that iOS hasn't (Game killer, freedom, lucky patcher, xposed installer and etc.)

So Android is better.

Tech
09-19-2015, 04:22 AM
Live wallpapers, can uninstall stupid bloatware, apks, mods, more possibilites, and root.

Also xposed, adblock for youtube, better apps, Google more freedom.

Bruce Wayne
09-19-2015, 04:53 AM
I like Android
cause it's cheaper?

APK FILES :cool:

.apk files are pretty good to edit.

Android is more open source than iOS, Android dosent give a damn if you edit it unless you sell it. iOS is like "NO, AGREE TO OUR THOUSANDS OF TERMS OF USE YOU WILL NEVER READ. WE CAN PUT ANYTHING IN THEM, EVEN STATING WE CAN USE YOU AS A SCAPEGOAT."

apple is evil.

CrimsonLol
09-19-2015, 04:57 AM
Uhhhhh, I heard iPhone is better?
May be planning to buy one next year. (After PSLE) :cool:

Recommend me which iPhone version should I buy?

MyLegGuy
09-19-2015, 04:59 AM
Android because you can customize more stuff, custom launcher home screen thingies, apps that apple doesn't allow, like emulators, ability to deploy your own apps for free, uninstall system apps if you have root, and other cool stuff.

People just see a lot of people using apple devices, so they get them.

And it's also cheaper because you're not paying to have a half eaten apple on the back of your device.

iNegotiate
09-19-2015, 05:01 AM
Android because all of the people above me said the reasons why it is better than IOS.

Kevin Guswanto
09-19-2015, 05:02 AM
Uhhhhh, I heard iPhone is better?
May be planning to buy one next year. (After PSLE) :cool:

Recommend me which iPhone version should I buy?

like what you see above you , android is better in some ways
but i personally think apple is more premium-like lol, i don't know why tho , since you are planning to buy 1 next year , im sure the version will be totally different , for now i suggest iPhone 6 instead of 6+

OLiVERi
09-19-2015, 05:04 AM
.apk files are pretty good to edit.

Android is more open source than iOS, Android dosent give a damn if you edit it unless you sell it. iOS is like "NO, AGREE TO OUR THOUSANDS OF TERMS OF USE YOU WILL NEVER READ. WE CAN PUT ANYTHING IN THEM, EVEN STATING WE CAN USE YOU AS A SCAPEGOAT."

apple is evil.
And if your Apple got stolen, bye bye.
Emulators ftw

BioTestificate
09-19-2015, 05:13 AM
I prefer Android because I've already got used to the interface (and when I somewhat screw some things up, easily fix it), APKs, customizable content, and you can share apps.

Festivity
09-19-2015, 05:15 AM
Android is much more customizable.

GummiBear64
09-19-2015, 05:52 AM
GET YOUR OPINIONS OFF THE INTERNET! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOURE DOING!

SpeedFreakz
09-19-2015, 06:22 AM
Remember this: Android eats Apple. Get it. Yes cos android has more costumize.

proman340
09-19-2015, 06:25 AM
Im using both.

Hans
09-19-2015, 07:45 AM
To clarify something: Androids are for people who prefer manual freedom, over than automatic and easy struggling when tampering with something. In other words, Androids are for advanced setters, and are sophisticated users when it comes to the field of picking throughout an "open-world" technology as some call it. While iOS devices give only limited freedom, but are used by people who do not want to use perplexed options especially when just browsing or anything casual, when in hand you can do in iOS devices without any problems occurring.

TL;DR - iOS nub pepel and Android pro pepel.

OR iOS for rich and pepel who do not want manual laboring and Android for either pepel who just want more mobility when doing something i suppose.

ImAPogo
09-19-2015, 09:41 AM
Ehem ehem,

You can download paid games for free and can still update your software

Jailbreaking your ios wont allow you to update your software.:rolleyes:

PolarisHD
09-19-2015, 10:44 AM
I like iOS because it's simpler, I guess. I can't really say much since I only have a little bit of experience with an Android phone. Welp, I really don't care which one I use as long as I get the play games and have access to the internet.

Kevin Guswanto
09-19-2015, 10:55 AM
4.7 inch screens are too small and 5.5 inch screens are too big for me, you have to be very patient to wait for a jailbreak whereas HTC allows you to unlock the bootloader yourself, then easily root or install a custom ROM. With the bigger bezel on my OneM9, typing is much more comfortable.

I dislike Samsung, TouchWiz and onscreen buttons.

- - - Updated - - -

On iOS, there is GamePlayer (Game Killer), a reliable LocalIAPstore and Flex, which literally allows you to edit values in the source code for an app.

~Coming from an iOS user

- - - Updated - - -

AppCake, AppAddict, PP?

When i bought it i still don't understand both jailbreak and root , but i knew that i can download modded game from google and hola its good
Also
If you are using iOS you need to edit the value yourself , and its riskier to jailbreak rather than root,
I still prefer iOS anw

Kevin Guswanto
09-19-2015, 11:17 AM
It is riskier to root than jailbreak. With root you can turn off security and reflash to brick the bootloader, but with jailbreak you can't, you can restore. I've still got 6.1.4 shsh blobs.

Haha afaik its riskier to jailbreak , thus ive never tried to jailbreak my Ipad

Tempting
09-19-2015, 11:27 AM
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet S3. I just have a grudge against apple, and also just because there were fairly nice tablets on sale for 100 bucks.

XDCorez
09-19-2015, 11:38 AM
I have an android, but have a grudge on my phone because root isn't supported.

(Device is Xiaomi HM NOTE 1W

Kevin Guswanto
09-19-2015, 11:58 AM
Restore and no one will know that you ever jailbroke before, including Apple.

Kk thanks , will try it on my hopefully-upcoming-iDevice , dont my to break my mom's

- - - Updated - - -

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet S3. I just have a grudge against apple, and also just because there were fairly nice tablets on sale for 100 bucks.

You mean samsung tablet 3?

- - - Updated - - -

I have an android, but have a grudge on my phone because root isn't supported.

(Device is Xiaomi HM NOTE 1W

What do you mean by root isn't supported ? Because it is a new type device?

voidgaming
09-19-2015, 12:06 PM
I using samsung galaxy s3 mini,
I like it cause you can download apk files online and gain acess to paid apps, and more emulators to choose.

ILimeGreen
09-19-2015, 12:43 PM
Apple all the way! It looks & is way better.

InstaRabbit
09-19-2015, 01:41 PM
Why people choose android - alot of customization (ROMs, launchers)
Why people choose iPhone - GOOGLE ****ING PLAY SERVICES

Kevin Guswanto
09-19-2015, 01:56 PM
Possibly too uncommon.
I noticed there is no RUU for HTC_Asia_WWE (htc_044). Can anyone help me? I wan 5.1. :cry:

i don't really understand with this ROM stuff , but i think lollipop is just recently came out so , there isn't any custom ROM especially for htc yet , long story short , yes prob it is still too uncommon

PerTehDoh
09-19-2015, 01:57 PM
Android is superior... nuff said...

#900 posts!

Kevin Guswanto
09-19-2015, 02:50 PM
I have never encountered an annoying bug on iOS since 7.0 betas.

- - - Updated - - -

Lollipop came out last year. There are custom ROMs for the One M9 released this year. HTC has published a method to unlock the bootloader.

5.1.1 came out this august isnt it ?

Kevin Guswanto
09-20-2015, 01:25 AM
Android 5.0 is Lollipop, released last year.

5.1 came out early this year.

isnt 5.1 called lollipop too :sweatdrop: and btw , thats what i mean , 5.1.1 just came out this year so possibly there isnt any rom for your htc yet

iHateThis
09-20-2015, 01:26 AM
Apple all the way! It looks & is way better.

Apple, more like crapple.

AMIRIGHT??

Rockytop
09-20-2015, 01:58 AM
let's start with mine , im using samsung galaxy S3 , yeah an old device , er because i like to using cheat on some game , and android is just a right place to do that. yeah, that was a stupid reason ..

So, you don't have to wait so long for an update. :whistling:

Kevin Guswanto
09-20-2015, 02:53 AM
So, you don't have to wait so long for an update. :whistling:

yeah guess so lol, typically people who wanna gain everything easily

Kevin Guswanto
09-20-2015, 03:24 AM
There are custom ROMs for 5.1.1.

http://neurogadget.com/2015/08/12/htc-one-m9-with-android-5-1-1-lollipop-custom-rom-update/12295
Not my CID though

time to buy new phone ? meh lol