PDA

View Full Version : How to Become a Politician - Guide on Lying.

26FtW26
09-21-2015, 07:35 PM
PS: I don't have an opinion on politics, it was just to catch your attention <3

So before I start, I want to let you know that this is actually a guide. This isn't one of the joke guides I make like "how to roll dank weed" or "how to 360 noscope". This is actually a guide that I put together with information from multiple different sources.

-=*=-
So, lying. It's a beautiful thing. Lying isn't as bad as some people make it to be. Telling someone false information can save you from trouble, unwanted attention or even from death.
So, I have put together a guide on how to not only get caught lying, but I will also briefly touch the subject of how to spot a liar/lie. So without further I do, let's get right into the guide.
-=*=-

What Gives Away a Lie?

Well, there are many things that can give away a lie. Something very important to note is your body language. While it can be missed by a lot of people, if someone knows anything about lying, they'll easily spot a liar by looking at their body language.

Another thing, mostly used by police when interrogating people is asking the same question many times. If the person interrogated either contradicts his own story or answers a repeated question differently than the first time, that CAN BE a sign that they are lying. Or, it could just mean that they are nervous or in shock.

There's also the way you speak. As an example, if someone was asking me "Where were you on Sunday night?" and I don't want to tell him I was out with friends doing dank weed, here's what I would likely say if I didn't already know this:

"Uhh, I was playing video games."
What did I do wrong? I said "uhh", which could indicate that I was thinking up a cover story for smoking dank weed.

"On Sunday night? I was home, playing games."
Seems perfect, doesn't it? Well, it really isn't. While me repeating "On Sunday night?" may not seem like a huge difference to you, if someone has been trained and whose profession is literally to interrogate people, they will spot this, and take it into account.

So, how to avoid this? A good thing to do is to tell them you were out with friends, just leave out some details, like the part about the dank weed. Now, the hard thing with lying to police is that they have access to all sorts of information, which will make it nearly impossible to lie to them. So I am saying to you, if you don't see a perfect way to lie yourself out of a situation, don't try and lie to police, since if they find out, you'll be in deeper :poop: than you were before.

How to Avoid Getting Caught

So, how to avoid getting caught?
I touched on the subject of speech in the last little wall of text above, so I won't talk about that again. But, I will talk about body language.

Body language. Everyone should know how to read it. It's much easier to learn than another nation's language, because everyone speaks it, no matter their age, race, gender, nationality etc.

A lot of people tend to look around a lot when lying. I personally find it incredibly awkward to look into someone's eyes, so I'll look a bit to the left always. So don't look around too much.

Also, if you are used to doing lots of hand gestures when speaking, don't stop doing them when you're telling the lie.

Don't chew on your fingernails. It's a sign of fear, plus it's just nasty.
That's about all for this subject, I think.

How to Spot a Liar

Here are the points you'll be looking for to decide whether someone is being honest or not:

Nervous Speaking
Making Up Stories
Contradicting Their Story
Body language: Eyes, Hand Gestures etc.

Of course there are more things to look out for, just use your common sense.

-=*=-
That's all for today, folks. If I don't get into bed now, my mom will eat me. (might still access forums from phone, we have guests so my mom should be completely wasted by the end of the night)
Hit me with super hot fire!
-=*=-

Feint
09-21-2015, 07:39 PM
All of the above, done.

syrup
09-21-2015, 08:30 PM
This reminds me of one of those books you can collect in Fallout 3 to increase your speech: Lying: Congressional style

26FtW26
09-22-2015, 02:01 PM
Bumpity hump hump dadump

darkscythe
09-22-2015, 02:31 PM
One more thing, a person telling the truth will get angry if they get called a liar, just push them further, if they get angry, they're telling the truth.

IceKane
09-22-2015, 02:38 PM
Eye movement doesn't mean that one is lying or not. Someone moving his eyes means that the person is thinking. It doesn't give any hint whether one is lying.

Here, read this: http://psychology.about.com/od/socialpsychology/ss/How-to-Tell-If-Someone-Is-Lying.htm

26FtW26
09-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Eye movement doesn't mean that one is lying or not. Someone moving his eyes means that the person is thinking. It doesn't give any hint whether one is lying.

Here, read this: http://psychology.about.com/od/socialpsychology/ss/How-to-Tell-If-Someone-Is-Lying.htm

It gives a hint towards someone thinking a lot. Memorizing things that are memorable (like smoking dank weed, for example) will not take a lot of thought.

ianCSzz
09-22-2015, 02:54 PM
PLOT TWIST : This whole guide is fake, it's a lie.

26FtW26
09-22-2015, 02:56 PM
PLOT TWIST : This whole guide is fake, it's a lie.

Oh my god... they found out about the cake, and now THIS!?

Thanks for putting "eat a stop sign" in your siggy btw :D

GummiBear64
09-23-2015, 11:39 AM
This reminds me of one of those books you can collect in Fallout 3 to increase your speech: Lying: Congressional style

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Ceyx_GrowT
09-23-2015, 12:21 PM
How to know when the guy is lying or not, give him some complicated questions and repeat the quesrion again. If it tricked him, he will have a different answer from the previous one.